Dr Judith Slocombe
Dr Judith Slocombe's career spans many roles; veterinarian, entrepreneur, business owner, corporate senior executive manager, and non-executive director.
Judith built what was a small home based pathology business into the largest veterinary diagnostic group across Australia and New Zealand.
In 2001, she sold her successful business to head up a major listed company providing laboratory services across South East Asia.
Graduating with an MBA from the Melbourne Business School in June 2002, Judith is now a Fellow of AICD and a Fellow of AIM.
In 2003, she was awarded a Centenary Medal for service to Australian society in business leadership. Judith holds directorships on corporate, government, and community sector boards including Agriculture Victoria Services, Leadership Victoria, Children's Rights International, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute, and The Young and Well Cooperative Research Centre.
From 2005 to 2016, Judith was CEO of The Alannah and Madeline Foundation. The Foundation cares for children who are victims of violence and works to create safe and caring communities for children and young people. A major focus of the Foundation is cyber safety and reducing the devastating effects of bullying in our society. As a mother of nine, this children’s charity is a natural fit for Judith.
Client Comments for Judith Slocombe
Judith Slocombe travels from Victoria Australia
- Extremely well prepared and researched. Very inspiring.
Australian Veterinary Practice Mgmt. Assoc.
- She was well liked by the audience. Attendees commented that she was a great speaker. She was interesting and engaging and kept the audience focused on her throughout the speech. Excellent speaker at a women in business event.
Moonee Valley City Council
- Comments included:
Inspiring to hear about Judith's business and family growth.
Great to hear practical examples from a business that's experienced real growth.
Really helped me to think about growth differently.
Good to hear real successes and challenges in the area of growth.
Made me realise the importance of people - leaders and employees - in achieving growth.
Judith was a wonderful example of continuous learning and self development.
Very passionate and very energetic.
Judith's talk showed me how important it is to be self-aware and the importance of recognising one's own skill gaps and limitations.
'Open Your Mind' Forum: ANZ
- Dr Slocombe presented a range of challenging ideas for veterinarians to consider, in an interesting and engaging way. We received very positive feedback from several of her audience, and no negative comments.
Australian Veterinary Association
- Bridging the Cultural Divide
- Leadership in Practice
- Secrets to a balanced lifestyle - lessons from a mother of nine and successful business woman
- The Critical Role of the Innovative Business Model
- The Keys to Successful Entrepreneurship
"The service was impeccable."
Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAA)
Subscribe to our newsletter