With nearly 20 years experience performing to crowds all over the world, Julia Morris is one of Australia's most successful and polished comedy exports.
A multi-talented stand-up, host and actress, Julia has performed all over the world and shared the stage with such comedy royalty as Richard Pryor, Jason Alexander, Whoopi Goldberg, Jerry Lewis and Robin Williams. Julia has been a regular face on Australian and UK television for many years and has performed stand-up throughout most of the world, including major international festivals.
Since moving back to Australia at the end of 2011, Julia won Australia's first series of Celebrity Apprentice and plays the role of Gemma in the new hit drama series for the Nine Network titled House Husbands. Julia recently completed a national tour in October and November 2012 with her new show, No Judgment, and in 2013 was named among the 40 Most Inspiring Women Over 40 in Australia by Prevention Magazine.
P.S. Yes, the 'Lady' title is real - Julia's husband bought it on the internet as a Christmas present.
Client Comments for Julia Morris
- Wonderful, hilarious and unmissable - living proof that audacity and irreverent effervescence are life skills.
- When Julia Morris is in full verbal flow on a stage, it's as though Joan Rivers, Germaine Greer and Betty Boop are all living inside the same body. Phew, she's a scorcher.
- Breathless, glamourous, camp, snobby, self deprecating, gossipy, fastpaced, surprisingly barbed yet subtle with a stream of energy and material that is a lot stronger than her brash-but-catty style might suggest... a delivery so relentless that you beg her to inhale, so rich with potential catchphrases you struggle to take them all in. It holds the audience who can't afford to lose concentration for a split second for fear of losing something great.
- Julia Morris was an absolute delight to work with for our Awards Night in June 2010. She confidentially executed a heavily scheduled presentation of over 40 awards, yet still maintained a sharp wit, sassy humour and friendly yet professional demeanour. Her ability to work with a large number of audience members, and an even larger script content ensured that not only were our guests entertained but we were also able to stay within our production times - a skill always valued by our other suppliers assisting us with the event.
Lastly, our event was held on one of the rainiest nights of the last couple of years, and Ms Morris arrived by foot to the venue wearing gumboots (temporarily), full formal attire and a huge smile. Her good humour and lack of pretension was widely appreciated!
Australian International Design Awards
- Amazing energy and very well prepared for the day. The whole crowd loved Julia's work.
Bus Association Victoria
- Julia Morris was an absolute hit! Everyone loved her and I'm glad we chose her.
- Great fun! Julia wowed the audience, appealing to all demographics. She pitched her presentation perfectly, a real send-up of the conference theme. Excellent evaluations: 6.8 out of a possible 7... the highest dinner score ever! Don't know how you will match this speaker next year.
- Julia was funny yet professional. Feedback I have received is that she made the event not so dry but yet kept the serious nature of these prestigious awards.
Property Council of Australia
- A big thank you to Julia Morris for being so fantastic as an MC and entertainer for our corporate staff event. Julia delivered exactly what she was briefed on. A good-natured comedian knowing how to impart appropriate off-the-cuff humour and entertainment to keep the audience elevated, Julia's contribution to our event will certainly be remembered as outstanding. Her eagerness to participate in our event and engage the audience with genuine interest made it a pleasure to work with her.
- Julia Morris was excellent, we couldn't have asked for a better MC for our events. We have had great feedback from both Schroders staff and our guests. She was personable, very funny and mixed well with our clients.
Schroder Investment Management Australia Limited
"The team were so PATIENT. I was getting frustrated going through the process of deciding and getting the right budget but the team were full of suggestions and nothing seemed too hard."
Amgen Australia Pty Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter