Julie McCrossin talks to people for a living. After 20 years as a broadcaster with ABC Radio National, ABC TV and Network Ten, she is now a freelance journalist and facilitator. She presented the radio show Life Matters on ABC Radio National for five years, covering countless health, welfare and educational topics with a frequent rural focus. Julie was also a team leader on the media quiz show Good News Week for five years on Network Ten and ABC TV.
Currently Julie presents a travel program for Qantas and facilitates conferences and seminars nationally. Julie is well known for her capacity to facilitate forums on sensitive topics, such as suicide prevention, mental health, child protection and family law. Julie has qualifications in the arts, education and law and she is an Ambassador for CAN (Mental Health) Inc, the Fred Hollows Foundation and FRANS Inc (Making Things Happen for People with Disabilities).
Client Comments for Julie McCrossin
Julie McCrossin travels from New South Wales Australia
- Julie McCrossin is lovely - great speech, mingled with the guests and was down to earth and a pleasure to deal with.
- An amazing blend of humour and joy as well as insight.
Sydney Women's Festival
- The workshop was brought alive by your energy and drive and your ability to draw out and manage the discussion.
The City of Newcastle
- Your heartfelt talk was really well received... a light-hearted approach to some very serious issues.
Museums Australia Inc
- So full of wit, insight and warm celebration... it hit the target precisely.
Faculty of Law, University of NSW
- A tremendous effort and enthusiasm, both in presentation and delivery.
Museum of Contemporary Art
- Julie McCrossin was fantastic; wonderful person and we will be most likely booking her again.
Local Government Association of NSW
- The hypothetical was brilliant and Julie McCrossin was excellent. She used her sharp wit, expert knowledge to engage the panel and audience in a very topical issue which resulted in many of the participants having a greater understanding of the sentencing procedure.
Law Society of NSW
- Julie McCrossin was astoundingly good. Everyone was moved, thrilled and very happy. A pleasure to deal with before, during and after. Her brilliant, alert, responsive and curious nature and familiarity with our context made her perfect for the role. Thank You Julie.
Attorney General's Department
- Julie was a pleasure to work with. She was very professional, understood the audience and made my job a lot easier.
- Astoundingly good; everyone very happy, moved, thrilled. A pleasure to deal with before, during and after; her brilliant, alert mind, responsive and curious nature and familiarity with our context made her perfect for the role. Thank you Julie.
Attorney General's Department
- Julie McCrossin was unbelievable, her energy kept ALL attendees engaged and entertained throughout the whole two days. Delegate's feedback was all positive and everyone wants her back for the next conference!
- On behalf of St John's Ambulance WA, may I thank you again for your contribution to our annual Country Conference. The volunteers thoroughly enjoyed the enthusiasm and warmth you bring to your role as MC and the overall feedback has been excellent. It was a pleasure to have you join us.
St John's Ambulance WA
- Julie was outstanding and managed to keep the audience engaged throughout the day and her commitment and personal dedication to the job largely contributed to the success of the day! Her input during the preparation phase of the session was also invaluable. We received a lot of positive feedback from participants regarding Julie's facilitation.
National E-Health Transition Authority
- Julie McCrossin's facilitation work was fundamental to the success of our exercise. We were impressed with her professionalism and ability to draw key issues from our panel members (through sound prep work and also interaction on the day) and found her easy to work with. She also did a great job of keeping the day focused and on track in her lively entertaining manner. The feedback from our evaluation forms was also very positive regarding Julie's facilitation on the day. I would highly recommend Julie to other colleagues for facilitation work.
Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
"Saxton staff are always very helpful, professional and attentive. I found Lauren to be very responsive and very quick to answer queries and respond to any emails."
University of Queensland
Subscribe to our newsletter