Kamal Sarma is Australia's leading expert on mental resilience with a particular focus on creating resilient leaders so that they can go on to create resilient organisations. Kamal works with leading organisations to create lasting improvements in profitability by influencing the leadership’s ability to inspire rather than motivate.
Kamal Sarma has had the unique opportunity of growing up with both Eastern and Western influences. He led the life of a typical “Aussie kid” until the age of 13 when he was sent to finish his schooling in a monastery in India for 5 years. In the monastery he studied many world religions including Christianity, Judaism, Islam and Hinduism, in addition to his training in meditation and yoga.
After leaving the monastery Kamal returned to Australia to pursue an international business career in such industries as management consulting, biotechnology, venture capital and funds management. He has held senior executive positions in organisations including McKinsey and Company, Eli Lilly Pharmaceuticals, AMP Capital Investors and St.George Bank.
Kamal consults widely to organizations wishing to maintain their level of momentum by developing personal, team and organizational resilience. He has facilitated Resilience programs for organizations such as Blake Dawson Waldron, T Rowe Price, Deloitte, Oroton, Bank of NewYork, Advance Funds Management and St.George Bank. Kamal also personally coaches executives on how to maintain and enhance their resilience so as to be effective leaders.
Kamal uses his experience in venture capital, funds management and biotech to explain how resilience is a key character trait of inspirational leaders. He gives practical advice on what needs to happen within the individual, team and organization for excellent leaders to maintain their momentum.
Kamal is author of the internationally published book Mental Resilience: The Power of Clarity – How to develop the focus of a warrior and the peace of a monk. This book is uniquely designed for executives, taking them through a step-by-step approach on developing mental resilience. He is a co-founder of the Institute for Mental Resilience, an organization which amongst other activities is dedicated to inspiring Australian Youth and reducing the incidence of youth depression and suicide.
Kamal’s presentation style is dynamic and highly engaging, while taking a no nonsense approach. His techniques are inspirational, extremely relevant and down-to-earth with practical steps to enhance personal, team and organizational resilience.
Client Comments for Kamal Sarma
Kamal Sarma travels from New South Wales Australia
- A stimulating presentation of what makes our minds tick.....Kamal is engaging and thought provoking; anyone who wants to be take on new challenges needs to understand how their minds work. All of our top clients benefited greatly from his keynote speech on leadership.
Asgard Wealth Solutions
- I just wanted to send you a note to thank you for the presentation you gave to our Annual National Conference. The feedback we received from everyone who attended was that they loved your presentation.
- Your presentation was fantastic and I am keen to read your book. The guest feedback was excellent. You have fantastic presentation skills and a true ability to communicate a sometimes difficult subject to the everyday person. Bravo!
The Golden Door Elysia Health Retreat
- Core Strength Management
- Inspiration: The chemistry of great leaders
- Leadership though Values
- Mental Resilience: The Power of Clarity
- Resilience: the Characteristic of Great leaders and organizations
"I appreciated the follow up and flexibility in organising the event regarding travel arrangements and securing our preferred speaker."
Mars Petcare Australia
Subscribe to our newsletter