When Karen Jacobsen walks on stage, there is no question she is in the driver's seat. She speaks to groups who want to inspire the best in their people, and create a road map for their future.
Karen's speaking voice may be familiar to you, and she just might be giving you directions in your car all day every day. She's that voice that guides you when you are lost and reassures you when you are wondering if you are headed in the right direction.
An Aussie, who ten years ago moved to New York to seek her fame and fortune, Karen had an unexpected twist in her singing career. She was hired for a 50 hour voice over job. The result was a voice system called 'Australian Karen', now in over 25 million GPS units all over the world.
You could say she specialises in telling people 'where to go'.
Before long, Karen was being asked to demonstrate those calm and consistent directions 'live' and in addition to her music performances, she began to accept invitations as a speaker.
Karen Jacobsen is as at-home in front of a conference audience as she is on center stage at a stadium. Her one woman keynote presentation 'Road Map for Your Future' is a 60 minute experience designed to open or close your conference or event.
The GPS Girl reveals how she navigated her way from the Great Barrier Reef to the Big Apple and shares the directions she followed to become the number one most popular downloadable GPS voice, a performer of 'The Star Spangled Banner' at major sporting events at Madison Square Garden, Dodger Stadium and Fenway Park, an award-winning singer and songwriter who has shared the stage with Norah Jones, Cyndi Lauper, Christopher Cross and Spyro Gyra, able to maintain an international travel schedule with family life as a wife and mum to her three year old son.
The GPS Girl is the right opening or closing speaker for your next
- Your group is interested in being entertained and inspired by a one woman force of nature;
- You are ready to learn how to 'recalculate' in life just like you do in your car, so you can keep moving toward your destination; and
- You'd love to create a road map for your future.
Most importantly, your people will listen to directions like they never have before from The GPS Girl 'live'.
Road Map for Your Future is designed to do four things:
- To leave your people with more focus on a daily basis;
- To give them more confidence in themselves;
- To build more courage to take the small steps they need to take every day; and
- To create a road map for their future success.
This is the one show they will never forget, leaving everyone engaged with their potential, and with tools to implement immediately that will stick for the long term. If you're looking for someone to zero in on the things your people need to create a road map for their future, then 'you have reached your destination'.
Client Comments for Karen Jacobsen
Karen Jacobsen travels from United States
- Karen is proactive and enthusiastic about her topic and I left feeling inspired, motivated and excited about creating a life that I love (as much as the speaker loves her life!) She is very informative, classy and encouraging.
New York Professional Women
- Karen Jacobsen makes an immediate positive impression on you when you first meet. She brings light and joy into the room - even if that room is filled with hospital engineers and healthcare facility managers. I would thoroughly recommend Karen to other conference organisers.
Institute of Hospital Engineering Australia
- Whether Karen is singing about the joys of life and love, or the more bittersweet aspects of romance, her delivery is always infused with sheer passion.
- She really got me thinking exactly what I was going to do with my future after studying and training, and what I need to be training for. After her talk I have started to focus.
Macquarie University Australia
"Saxton staff are always very helpful, professional and attentive. I found Lauren to be very responsive and very quick to answer queries and respond to any emails."
University of Queensland
Subscribe to our newsletter