Karen Tighe joined ABC Sport in 1989 - first in TV, before moving to her current role with the national Grandstand radio program in 1997.
Karen has hosted many of ABC TV's major sports broadcasts including four Paralympic Games, ABC Sports Awards nights, golf and Hopman Cup tennis.
She was also part of the four year Friday night fun of Live & Sweaty on ABC TV in the early '90s.
Along with her role as the host of ABC Grandstand's summer weekend programs, Karen was a co-host of ABC Radio's Commonwealth Games coverage from Kuala Lumpur in 1998, Manchester in 2002, and Melbourne in 2006, as well as presenting from Sydney 2000 Paralympics and Athens Olympics in 2004.
Karen is based in Perth where she also presents nightly sports reports on ABC TV's 7pm News service.
For two successive years Karen was awarded the Media Award in the Sports Australia Awards. Prior winners have included Bruce McAvaney, Roy Masters and Ron Reed.
Karen Tighe is an excellent master of ceremonies and speaker who regularly hosts major corporate and sporting functions such as WA Government Risk Management Conference, WA Industry & Export Awards, Australian Tourism Awards, WATourism Awards, Flight Centre National Awards for Excellence, Australian Sports Commission Fair Go for Officials Forum, RAC/Surf Life Saving WA Awards for Excellence, World Lacrosse Championship Awards Dinner, Rugby World Cup Corporate Sponsor events, Eventscorp Best on Earth in Perth official launch, and many others.
Client Comments for Karen Tighe
Karen Tighe travels from AustraliaAustralia
- Karen was an outstanding MC for the Best on Earth in Perth' launch. We received many comments on her polished performance.
- Excellent MC. Karen is very professional and kept the evening moving extremely well which
was vital as there were 31 awards to present. Based on her excellent performance at the W.A. Awards we subsequently booked Karen to host the Australian Tourism Awards.
- We have received many unsolicited compliments from delegates, some of whom described it as the best conference they had attended, and ‘whose wonderful idea was Karen Tighe'. Karen's amazing stage presence, audience control and professional approach to the four day event made my life a dream.
UDIA National Congress
- Karen is always a delight - thank you.
St John Ambulance WA
- Karen Tighe was an excellent MC for the Kimberley Economic Forum in Kununurra. She was highly professional, enthusiastic and had a great understanding of what we needed.
Kununurra Chamber of Commerce