Kay Cottee became the first woman to complete a solo, non-stop and unassisted circumnavigation of the globe on June 5th 1988. Facing dangers such as icebergs, whales, and breaking seas, Kay took just six months to sail more than 22,000 nautical miles in her 11.2 metre yacht. From early childhood Kay went sailing aboard her father's yacht and helped him build an 11 metre racing sloop in the backyard. She later built her own yacht, Blackmores First Lady, from a set of fibreglass mouldings, finally preparing it to undertake the circumnavigation. Kay overcame some of the most formidable odds to complete the voyage, realising her compelling dream in just 189 days. Kay's topics are adapted to audience needs, and are motivational and inspirational.
Client Comments for Kay Cottee
Kay Cottee travels from Queensland Australia
- Our team thoroughly enjoyed Kay Cottee's presentation and we've had loads of very positive feedback on her talk. She was an interesting and inspiring speaker. I would have cut the video and slides out and had her speak for longer!
- Kay's presentation was very moving. She presents in a very relaxed understated manner - she was great.
- Kay's session held all delegates spellbound. Those who didn't really know what Kay could offer, I believe, came away with a greater appreciation of her achievements. The inspiration she gave us all was beyond comprehension. A session I personally could see over again.
Swimming Pool & Spa Association of Australia
- Our highest achievers were inspired and moved. Boy, what a way to get them fired up for the challenges we face!
- Your story was a true inspiration and our delegates found it to be both stimulating and motivating.
Australian Society of CPAs, Perth
- Kay spoke from the heart and delivered a moving and fine address.
Combined Rural Traders Ltd
"The service provided by Saxton was excellent and extremely professional. I value the ability of Saxton's consultants to be able to describe a speaker's performance and presentation with honesty to assist me in making an informed decision when choosing a speaker, as it can be a 'make-or-break' decision."
VMIA - Victorian Managed Insurance Authority
Subscribe to our newsletter