Laurel Papworth was named by Forbes magazine in the Top 50 Social Media Influencers globally, and Marketing Magazine named her Head of Industry, Social Media for Australia. AdAge named Laurel in the Power150 Marketing and Media Bloggers in the world and she is in the top 10 bloggers in Australia. With more than 50,000 followers on Twitter and 45,000 on Google+, Laurel reaches 6.8 million people a month through her social media channels.
Laurel has 20 years experience in managing online communities, virtual worlds and social media with clients including Singapore Government and Middle East Broadcasting, and in Australia Westpac, Sony, local, State and Federal Government. She has managed massive gaming and online communities including Facebook and forums for reality TV shows such as Junior Masterchef and currently consults with NBC Universal and other major organisations globally.
Since 2005, Laurel has been teaching social media at the University of Sydney and in the past has taught a Masters of Media at UNSW, social film and social TV at Australian Film TV & Radio School and Metro Film School. Laurel also teaches popular three-day social media intensive classes around Australia.
Laurel is a regular on the ABC's Business Finance Quarter, Seven's The Morning Show as well as radio, and is the author of Social Media and Crisis Communications & Social Media Revenue.
Laurel's enormously popular workshops include the Three Day Social Media Intensive, as well as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest and more for business participants. Her dynamic, engaging and entertaining keynote presentations have included everything from from Ad:Tech Tokyo to academic conferences in Portugal to media conferences in Jeddah Saudi Arabia to Google conferences in California. As a facilitator Laurel works with large enterprises, small business, government departments and not for profits on developing online community strategies, campaigns and guidelines. From tactical How to Create a Conversation Diary to strategic Policies on Engagement there are workshops with staff and stakeholders to better manage KPIs and outcomes.
Client Comments for Laurel Papworth
- I want to thank Laurel for an insightful, stimulating, absorbing, thought-provoking and very entertaining full day on the entire social media landscape. The session was highly relevant for digital specialists, traditional marketers and PR professionals alike. It was full of very current information and lots of new material in a space that is often talked about but not often fully understood. I would happily recommend Laurel and look forward to working with her in the future.
- Laurel delivered an informative and thought provoking session to a packed house, and was rated in the top five speakers for the overall Congress.
Australian Business Consulting & Solutions
- At Inforum Group's Social Media Workshop mid-August, Laurel once again demonstrated her depth of knowledge in all areas of social media and why she was named one of Forbes Magazine's 2012 Top 50 Social Media Influencers globally. After the first workshop which provided an overview, this time Laurel went through in detail a nine-step social media strategy, and the value of Pinterest and Google Plus and the feedback has been great. For many of us the workings of social media continue to challenge but Laurel reassures and educates and makes it all perfectly understandable!
- At War With The Customer: Antisocial behaviour online
- Augmented Reality and Object Recognition: The Minority Report is now
- Of Dragons and Swords: Virtual worlds and the games we play
- Practical Social Media Tips: Strategies and campaigns for managing Facebook, Twitter and other social media tools
- The Future Customer: How the customer uses social media to decide, purchase, review
- The Future Employee: The social enterprise and gamification
- The Future of Money: How banking and virtual currencies change capitalism
"Consistently professional, courteous, efficient communication."
Subscribe to our newsletter