Dr Leanne Rowe AM
Associate Professor Leanne Rowe AM is one of Australia's most authoritative speakers on health. She is the doctor's doctor and runs a private medical practice for doctors only in Melbourne. Leanne also understands the corporate world and serves on a number of high level boards including Medibank Private and Beyondblue (the national depression initiative). She has current roles as a Presiding Member chairing Victorian Medical Panels of Physicians and Surgeons, non Executive Director of the Medical Indemnity Protection Society (MIPS) and the I-MED Network Pty Ltd, niche consulting on clinical governance and women in leadership.
She has previously held the positions of Chairman of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Deputy Chancellor of Monash University, Acting Chairman Barwon Health, and a non-executive director of Medibank Private Limited (just prior to the ASX listing in 2014) and beyondblue: the national depression initiative. Leanne was awarded a Doctor of Laws (honoris causa) by Monash University in 2015 for extensive service to the university as Deputy Chancellor and for outstanding service to medicine.
Dr Rowe's leadership has been recognised by an Order of Australia for service to medicine, The Rose Hunt Medal by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and Best Individual Contribution to Health Care in Australia by the Australian Medical Association.
As an authority on health, Leanne Rowe has published several books which reflect the topics of her presentations...
- Save your Life and the Lives of Those you Love: Your GP's six step guide for staying healthier longer (Allen and Unwin) was co-authored by Professor Michael Kidd and endorsed by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
- I Just Want You to Be Happy: preventing and tackling teenage depression (Allen and Unwin) was co-authored by Professor David Bennett AO and Professor Bruce Tonge, and endorsed by beyondblue and the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
- First Do No Harm: Being a resilient doctor in the 21st century(McGraw Hill)
Sought-after as a speaker, Dr Leanne Rowe speaks passionately about a range of topics including resilience at work, health screening for healthy Australians, and preventing youth and adult depression. She is an enthusiastic, entertaining presenter who captivates the audience with her practical and professional advice illustrated with stories reflecting her vast experience as a doctor.
Leanne Rowe AM travels from Victoria Australia
- I Just Want you to Be Happy: What Everyone Needs to Know about Preventing and Overcoming Youth Depression
- Inspiring Good Health
- Reduce Sick Leave, Reduce Stress Leave
- S.N.A.P. (Smoking, Nutrition, Alcohol and Physical Activity)
- Save Your Life: 3 Steps to Staying Healthy
- Stress at Work: Preventing Corporate Stress
"The service was impeccable."
Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAA)
Subscribe to our newsletter