Lisa Wilkinson, co-host of the Nine Network's TODAY Show, is one of Australia's most admired and respected journalists and corporate presenters.
Named among the 40 Most Inspiring Women Over 40 in Australia for 2013 by Prevention Magazine, for the past two decades Lisa has successfully applied her journalistic talents to magazine publishing, television and radio. Her communication skills have also made her one of the country's most sought-after corporate presenters and conference and event facilitators.
In recent years before her TODAY Show appointment, Lisa was co-host of the Seven Network's top-rating Weekend Sunrise where she was credited with attracting a new wave of viewers through her relaxed and informative presentation style.
As well, she can occasionally be heard expressing her views on Sydney's 2UE as the fill-in presenter on the breakfast program hosted by her husband Peter FitzSimons and Mike Carlton.
Lisa's media career got off to an astonishing start when she was appointed editor of the national women's magazine Dolly at age 21.
Four years later, on the recommendation of the late Kerry Packer, Lisa was offered the editorship of Cleo. Over the next decade, she oversaw Cleo's rapid circulation surge which resulted in a doubling of circulation and guiding it to the position of the #1 selling women's lifestyle magazine per capita in the world. Later she became Cleo's International Editor-in-Chief, running editions in New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.
Apart from her unrivalled magazine skills, Lisa is a leading business mentor.
Under her special brand of guidance and training, there are now 18 women and men around the world who have gone on to become successful magazine editors themselves. Nicole Kidman, Megan Gale and Kate Fischer can also thank Lisa Wilkinson for her astute talent-spotting abilities and the role she has played in launching their careers.
Along with her extremely busy career, Lisa somehow manages to successfully combine it all with her marriage to fellow journalist and author Peter FitzSimons and together they have three young children.
Client Comments for Lisa Wilkinson
Lisa Wilkinson travels from New South Wales Australia
- Lisa was very inspiring and her stories were very interesting. Lisa was happy to do anything we asked of her to do and was very approachable.
Conrad Treasury, Brisbane
- I could not have been happier with Lisa's performance. From the very beginning I felt comfortable working with her because she was easily approachable, friendly and professional. She carried the forum easily and the audience responded very well to her. I personally had a great time working with Lisa and would be quick to approach her again for any relevant events I am working on in the future.
Australian Sports Commission
- One of the most interesting talks I have sat and listened to – intently - for quite some time.
Western Sydney Institute Of TAFE
- The conference awards night (with Lisa as MC and host) went off with a bang, and certainly stirred up the males in the audience. I have had nothing but positive feedback. As I expected, Lisa added her own personality to the night and I can't thank her enough for making the whole event so fabulous!
Pacific Area Newspaper Publisher’s Association
- Lisa was the perfect touch to our exclusive launch. Lisa was very well received and equally popular with the male and female members of the group. She won the audience over early. Her confidence and professionalism, combined with her humour and spark made her the perfect MC for the night. We will certainly be using her again.
Jack Morton Worldwide
- An outstanding, elegant and gracious hosting of the Ethnic Business Awards. Everyone agreed Lisa was just tremendous and I so look forward to working with her again.
- All I can say is Lisa was amazing. Thank you. The feedback was overwhelming; Lisa was an amazing and inspiring guest speaker, Our guests thoroughly enjoyed her "tell it like it is" style, wonderful stories, passion for the industry, and her experience in juggling family life with a successful business career.
Dubbo Chamber Of Commerce and Industry
- Lisa had us hanging onto every word. There was laughter and tears and all in the room were inspired. Lisa's keynote address was a finale that has set a very high benchmark for guest speakers at our next conference! The conference was for a tough audience - and the group was blown away.
- Lisa was an amazing and inspiring guest speaker. Our guest thoroughly enjoyed her "tell it like it is" style, wonderful stories about her life, passion for the industry in which Lisa work and her experience in juggling family life with a successful business career.
Dubbo Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- "Lisa was an absolute pleasure to work with. Her presentation was motivating, interesting and entertaining. She is a consummate professional and all that attended have provided us with wonderful feedback on the talk."
Spotlight on Women Luncheon Series
- "Your presentation gave us the opportunity to learn more about your successful career, and the incentive to strive for our goals in life. I particularly enjoyed your insights into how you balance your work and home life so successfully. I am sure that it is something that all participants found interesting."
Stacie Smith Macnee, Women’s Network Conference
"Sandra and Lauren were fantastic and very accommodating to our requests. They offered great advice and responded very quickly to all my questions."
International College of Management - Sydney
Subscribe to our newsletter