When communication stakes are high, you need a scalpel to cut out the performance blockage and conjure dramatic transformation.
An expert in the psychology of face-to-face engagement, Dr Louise Mahler works with the most senior figures in Australia from federal politicians and corporate leaders to sports starts and international film actors. Louise's credentials include a decade as an opera soloist in Europe, a career with BHP in Quality Management and many years of training in Human Resource Development all over Australia.
After observing a 'missing ingredient' in corporate leadership, Louise embarked on a PhD to research the unsung wisdom of the mind-body-voice connection. Today, Louise is a highly sought after keynote speaker, corporate trainer, and executive coach internationally. Her signature style is fun and candid, full of high doses of humor, reflection, energy and passion. Participants can't help but get involved in her highly interactive sessions; conservative corporate audiences find themselves breaking patterns and doing things they never thought they would, and coming out bigger people through the experience.
Louise's qualifications include a Bachelor of Economics, a Bachelor of Music, a Postgraduate Diploma of Music, a Licentiate Diploma in Music, a Master of Applied Science as well as a PhD in Business. She is also accredited in MBTI, a Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistics and certified in Level 1 and 2 of Estill voice work. In 2006 Louise was the recipient of RMIT's award for innovation in PhD research. She appears regularly on TV and radio and is sought after for her work on presence and influencing for senior leaders.
Client Comments for Louise Mahler
- Great. Practical strategies that can be put into play straight away. Outstanding facilitation.
- At times Louise had the audience deep in thought, rolling in laughter and singing in tune. A masterful performance!
Dr Tony Rose, Convener Dynamic Growth Congress, Australian Spinal Research Foundation
- You added new knowledge and the practice left some participants clearly able to behave in some new ways.
Phil Boas, Program Director, Melbourne Business School, Mt Eliza
- You certainly made a very positive impression with both your presentation and workshop!
Michael Rogerson, Victoria University
- Louise has inspired our experienced CEOs to apply new 'mind-body-voice' techniques to their business and personal lives - with real success.
Barry Westhorpe, Chief Executive, CEO Institute
- Your session on voice was enjoyable and memorable. Your repertoire was mind boggling. You are a star!
Pavan Choudray, CEO & MD, Vygon India Pvt. Ltd.
- Louise achieves a wonderful sense of engagement with her audience. Her recent presentations to our groups have placed her in our top speaker category of all time.
Barry Westhorpe, Chief Executive, CEO Institute
- Being able to present well and win the hearts and minds of people is vital for anyone involved in professional or public life. The course run by Dr Louise Mahler is a practical insight into the dos and don'ts of presentations and how one should prepare and manage the physical and structural elements. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to improve and deliver great and successful presentations.
Manager Civic Services
- We received great feedback from the session and many of the lessons where incorporated into the teams pitches. Louise's energy and enthusiasm was well received and the team found the key messages very valuable.
- Over the years I have heard a number of similar presentations but never one with such clarity and engagement. Louise is a master of her craft with an amazing combination of experience and talent from which to draw.
Sydney Adventist Hospital
- We organised a retreat with Louise for a group of very senior and seasoned nursing and midwifery managers. What we wanted to learn were new strategies to engage and influence.
What we didn't know was that we would collectively have one of the best weekends of our professional lives – without exception every single participant came away reinvigorated, connected and most importantly with a range of new tactics and skills to get our voices heard. We cannot speak highly enough of what Louise has given us.
- If you meet Louise you will never forget her – she certainly makes a strong impression. Louise has a powerful message which she delivers in a way that makes you sit up and take notice. I was delighted to work with her at a conference we hosted for Managing Partners from across the globe. I was even more delighted when, six months later, they were still raving about Louise.
- Many said that your session was the best one in the whole program.
Talent and Culture, Transdev
- Vocal Intelligence: The Missing Leadership Ingredient
- Shaking All Over
- Body Language
- Women and Voice
- Presentation Skills
Topic SynopsesDr Louise Mahler's signature topics can be delivered in 60 to 180 minute presentations and practical components can be added to each topic for a more in-depth half to three-day training session.
Vocal Intelligence: The Missing Leadership Ingredient
This all-singing, all-dancing keynote looks at the ignored area of the voice, the mind-body-voice connection and how you can make voice a choice.
Shaking All Over
Performance anxiety is a cancer of organisational life. It eats at the person interacting, it is contagious to others and it undermines organisational potential. Get back in control with this fun and interactive keynote that looks at fears and send them, instead of you, shaking in their boots.
The body tells all and Dr Louise Mahler is a leading thinker in how we translate its hidden messages - what it tells others and what it means for your own personal state of mind.
Beyond non-verbal studies, Dr Mahler reinterprets a combination of ancient wisdom and science, unraveling the mysteries of personal presence and how we influence those around us.
Women and Voice
Business perception has placed women behind the eight ball with regard to sounding like a leader. Learn why and what to do about it while maintaining your authenticity and come away singing your way to understanding and enlightenment.
Dr Mahler is on a mission to rid the world of boring, meaningless presentations! Remember, it ain't what you say, it's the way that you say it, so get in touch with your full potential and start playing to win.
"Helpful, prompt responses, open communication."
Subscribe to our newsletter