Lydia Lassila has had a successful career in Aerial Skiing having represented Australia in four (4) Olympic Games to date. She currently holds three (3) world records, with the latest being the first women in history ever to perform a quad-twisting triple somersault.
This jump was the most difficult jump ever done by a female aerial skier and earned Lydia a Bronze Medal at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games. In 2010 she won an Olympic Gold Medal in
Lydia began on the World Cup circuit in 2001/2002 and at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics, pulled off one almighty aerial display in a heart stopping finals performance to clinch the gold.
Lydia blends absolute competitive intensity with a fun and free spirit.
As well as maintaining her role as an elite athlete, Lydia is a mother and successful entrepreneur having launched her company Body Ice in 2006, she is also an author with her book ‘JUMP’.
In 2016 filmmakers Katie Bender and Leo Baker released a documentary on Lydia’s career and achievements titled ‘The Will To Fly’. The documentary received rave reviews and was also released into selected theatres.
Client Comments for Lydia Lassila
Lydia Lassila travels from Victoria Australia
- Lydia engaged our audience in a very unique way. Her presentation had a very deep and emotional feel that definitely had the audience in awe of her tenacious spirit and never give in attitude. She definitely inspired our audience and set a great tone for the meeting.
Suzuki Australia Pty Ltd
- Lydia, many thanks for last week. Your session was really great and the feedback is awesome. You have seriously been inspiring, including for me.
- WOW, my hairs on my arms were standing up Lydia spoke. Lydia, not only engaged the audience at our Sports Awards Night, she connected and inspired them through her ability to be down to earth. It's a true gift to share your personal journey of setbacks and triumphs to people you don't know. Lydia is the perfect speaker for any audience.
Melton City Council
- Accepting accountability and defining your limits
- Decision making
- Goal mapping and meeting deadlines
- Identifying your purpose
- Managing risk
- Maximising your potential and striving for excellence
- Mind skills for self improvement
- Overcoming fear and adversity
- Planning to win and the courage to see it through
- Work/life balance
- Working as an individual and in a team
"Happy with everything. Can't think of anything that needs improving."
Subscribe to our newsletter