Lynne's the speaker you want when you want real, practical and lasting.
She believes that in a highly distracted world, cluttered with information overload, it’s critical to be a respected, influential communicator. Her presentations bring people together.
Lynne’s message is that poor communication and its cousins, distrust and toxicity, stem from a lack of understanding and respect for our differences. When we’re not talking clearly we don’t connect. And when we don’t connect, three things happen -
• Lack of trust
• Stuff doesn’t get done
• We don’t make money
Lynne speaks the language of the people. With the instinctive ability to connect across multi levels of seniority, culture, generation and much more, Lynne’s the speaker and MC you need when you want something real, practical and lasting.
After 10 years running her own performance improvement company, she was drawn to the world of training where her communication skills were honed, establishing Ripe Learning in 2001.
Creator of the RIPE Personality Profiling System in 2004, she has now trained thousands of people on how to work with the strengths and challenges of being an Apple, Mango, Lime or Banana.
Lynne is in demand as a business speaker both in Australia and overseas and the author of Bite Me! and other do’s and don’ts of dealing with our differences.
However, her clients say that in front of an audience her real gift is in her practical down to earth approach, her relaxed conversational style and a talent for making the complex simple and relevant.
Client Comments for Lynne Schinella
Lynne Schinella travels from Queensland Australia
- The reason we keep asking her back, year after year, is because her work is highly valued by our clients. It is well researched to meet specific industry or professional requirements and delivered with style, humour and authority.
Professional Conference Organisers Association
- I can state without fear of contradiction that every attendee of Lynne's workshop found them a wonderfully enriching experience, and left with their presentation skill sets hugely improved.
Tourism Australia Europe
- Lynne's Ripe Learning training sessions are so much fun and everyone in the room gets immediately engaged. It's addictive – everyone wants to know more!
- Her ability to engage with the audience, combined with her enthusiasm and energy really set the tone of the rest of the conference.
Project Managers Institute New Zealand
- Lynne's session on Thinking Differently Together was just what our large team needed.
- Lynne did a great job in helping us kick off our training development program. The workshop was well structured and highlighted the importance of communication and teamwork in a relaxed, fun and engaging way. Participant feedback was overwhelmingly positive about the day.
Toyota Motor Corporation
- It was a blast and fabulous to see so many people laughing while they learn.
- The brief which was followed to a T was to make an impact to the long day in conference and leave some thought provoking messages – and you nailed the lot.
World Corporate Travel
- Lynne gets to the core of the issue quickly & she is a brilliant and engaging facilitator, offering an inclusive and informative learning experience. Lynne's style allows her to help participants confront difficult issues and leave with ideas for real change.
- My sincere thanks to you for putting on such a dynamic and informative session on presentation skills. I am very passionate about becoming a better presenter and have been to various sessions to that end. Yours has to rank up there in the top one or two for content, delivery and participant involvement. Your ability to both explain and personally demonstrate each topic was outstanding. To 'walk the talk' is a most desirable talent and you have it. Well done!
Toyota Motor Corporation
- The presentation was everything we could have asked for. It was informative, interactive, upbeat, and prompted delegates to network with one another. The positive feedback from delegates relating to this session was overwhelming. On behalf of Young Engineers Australia, thank you for such a fantastic presentation.
Young Engineers Australia
- Fruits for Life brought all our delegates together and gave them a great understanding of how different each of us can be and how to deal with each 'fruit in the orchard' - this session was fun, interactive, very noisy (with all the discussion on whether you were an apple, lime, mango or banana) and was rated one of the highest sessions over the two day conference. Even now three months later I can attend one of our in-house training sessions and someone will always bring this session up - generally its the apples!
- Thank you so much for your inspiring session at our conference. People who would normally fall asleep after lunch were not only energised but were talking about it long into the night, debating how better they can work with an apple next time! Really practical information delivered in an environment where no one felt threatened. Excellent!
Conference and Incentives New Zealand
- Lynne researched our business requirements; was attentive to individual challenges and provided effective tools for the preparation and delivery of presentations. All wrapped in a passionate commitment to enable each individual to present confidently to their peers and customers. Lynne and her team at Ripe Learning are a valued partner on our Professional Development program.
Topic SynopsesTHINK DIFFERENTLY TOGETHER (the Fruit keynote) or WORKING WITH PEOPLE YOU JUST DON’T GET
Reduce stress and increase productivity
Message: Understanding different behavioural types means we can work more effectively together.
The way we think and act can create great tension and lack of productivity in the workplace with colleagues or clients who are not like us.
Your delegates will identify different types of human behaviour, learn what their own preferences are, whether Apple, Lime, Mango or Banana, and how to modify it to work more effectively with others for better results.
The use of Fruit has had great success due to its simplicity. In a time when we are bombarded with information, we need knowledge that is easily digested and remembered.
Learning about the Fruit can:
• Create a simple, fun and blameless language to use when facing challenging or awkward situations
• Helps us understand our team members and customers to drive better business results
Lynne's presentation gives delegates permission to be themselves while providing valuable tools to influence those around them, creating less stress and a fatter bottom line. Delegates leave with valuable tools to work more effectively with clients and team members, creating less stress and greater productivity.
Delegates will be able to:
• recognise different types of behaviour
• have increased skill to influence those not like yourself
• have an increased understanding of the impact of workplace differences
• understand strategies to work more effectively with others not like yourself
WHY WALK WITH JUST ONE LEG?
Using your whole brain to drive business results
Message: Use both left and right brained skills for greater business success.
Since the industrial revolution our businesses and management tools have been built around left brained requirements like systems, procedures and results. This has worked successfully for many years.
So why aren’t we getting the results we want?
Because the rules have changed and we need to now complement our systems and procedures skills with being connected globally, spreading the word and building communities of loyal clients.
Your audience will leave stimulated and brimming with ideas to make both personal and organisational changes for better business results.
I WAS TOLD THERE WAS FREE BEER!
How great leaders create great cultures
Message: Develop positive, productive workplaces with simple practical strategies
Much is made today of workplaces like Google and Atlassian who offer everything from yoga to free beer.
But what really happens in effective, productive workplaces is so much more than this. It’s the stuff you can’t see or touch. And all great leaders do it.
In 2012, an estimated $32 billion was lost in Australia due to lack of productivity. And a lack of productivity means that your people are not engaged, absenteeism goes up and staff retention goes down.
In this engaging and interactive keynote, Lynne will introduce 3 must haves for creating healthy organisational culture and leave you with practical ideas for quick wins in your workplace as well as foster ideas for the long term.
SPEAK & BE HEARD
Business storytelling for leaders
Message: Include storytelling in business to connect, engage, persuade and influence.
We live in a world bombarded by information. How many emails, meetings and presentations do you fit in each week?
It’s clear we need ways to cut through the clutter and get our messages to stick. And stories are your secret weapon. Stories breathe life into your message. Stories give meaning to your facts. Stories engage, connect and persuade. Business storytelling is hugely effective...if you get it right.
This presentation will show you why great stories are effective, how to structure them to get the best results and show you how to determine when and where to use them, enabling you to get more of what you want.
Outcomes (depth dependent on length of presentation)
• Increased skill at understanding your audience and tailoring your presentation to meet specific styles
• Confidence to open a talk, conversation or presentation to engage and close
• Choose the most relevant content to include. Less is more
• Increased skill to structure a conversation/presentation to develop an easy to follow flow
• Increased confidence to use different techniques to improve voice and reduce anxiety
NEW KEYNOTES DESIGNED ESPECIALLY FOR WOMEN
Lynne’s work as a speaker coach of C suite executives, and particularly her work with women through her rural speaker retreats, has gained notoriety and led her to work more and more with everyday women sharing everyday issues. She has created these two keynotes specifically with female audiences in mind.
FIND YOUR VOICE
Speak up and out with confidence from the war room to the stage
You’re fast rising up the ladder towards corporate goddess status and that means the expectation for you to speak more in public is upon you. Maybe you fear it, dislike or simply never get the time to prepare. Get over it.
Communicating effectively is a critical business skill, whether in discussions with a client, talking to a team or presenting at an event. Being able to articulate yourself well in public says I’m confident. It gets you noticed. It says you know what you’re talking about. You become a leader that people want to follow.
And don’t think that because you tell a great story over a chardy with the girls that this skill translates into business conversations. It takes work to be an engaging speaker.
No matter at what level Lynne brings the audience together through the shared challenges many women face when speaking in public. Not just about speaking on a big platform but in high stakes meetings, to teams and to external stakeholders. Delegates will walk away with tools they can implement immediately.
Delegates will be able to:
• understand why we fear speaking
• why we must learn to speak up with confidence
• be able to structure stories for business application
• learn how to prepare efficiently
• increased understanding of how to develop then distil content for relevance
• have the tools to persuade and influence
• increased skill to build trust of team and clients
• increase skills to engage and connect
THE THINKING GIRLS GUIDE TO BOYS & OTHER NASTY SURPRISES
A look at what life throws you and how to deal with it
This heartfelt keynote shows ordinary women how an ordinary woman has navigated the dung that life throws at you.
Life never pans out exactly as you plan, and Lynne shares her Magical Rule of Three techniques for surviving tough situations, whether in the workplace or out of it.
From tackling the everyday exhaustion of trying to look like a size 8 cover model to dealing with bullying and sexism in the workplace, Lynne covers a broad range of topics that each one of us as women come up against. It's not about living your dreams, climbing Everest or chewing your arm off to save your life (although that is seriously amazing), it's just about dealing with life as a woman in the 21st century.
As usual Lynne's keynotes are pragmatic, relevant and real, and your delegates will leave with practical strategies they can put in place immediately to make life less stressful, and more meaningful.
Delegates will be able to:
• have the knowledge that they are not alone
• be motivated to use new techniques to combat difficulties
• be inspired to deal with the dung differently
• be uplifted that life is indeed a wonderful thing
MASTER OF CEREMONIES
A great MC (who, these days, is really a great facilitator) can make all the difference in the success of your conference. Lynne's experience as a conference organiser, as well as a trainer and speaker, put her in a unique position to help pull your conference together. Prior to the conference Lynne will be available for planning and meetings either in person or via Skype, able to advise on both content and execution. She will contact all speakers beforehand to ensure she knows their key messages, bios and pronunciation.
Once conference begins Lynne will:
• act as a catalyst to create the climate you want by framing the event and creating an energy
• reinforce & support the theme throughout the event
• keep speakers on time
• employ adult learning techniques to ensure maximum learning
• fill time when necessary with entertaining and relevant activities
• help the audience switch gears for different speakers
• step back and ensure the heroes of the conference are the delegates
• she is also available to provide a keynote and/or workshop, if required
"Communication was always consistent and the staff at Saxtons were affable and courteous."
NSW Department of Education and Training
Subscribe to our newsletter