Lynne Schinella is an authority on masterful communication in the 21st century. She believes that at the heart of all great communication are three elements: empathy, understanding and respect for diversity.
No stranger to these qualities she discovered their great power early on in life. Starting life in the tourism industry saw Lynne working with a range of cultures and religions rich in eclectic experience. She studied how the Tahitians, French and Chinese carved out an existence through respecting their differences when she lived in Tahiti for three years.
For 10 years she ran Schinella Incentives, an award winning performance improvement company which developed programmes to help improve team’s performance where she learned that the most successful teams were the most diverse, able to acknowledge their differences and build on trust through their strengths.
So when Lynne established Ripe Learning in 2001, it was natural her workshops and keynotes had a strong message of understanding and celebrating our differences, whether personality, gender, culture, generation or anything else.
She loves to help organisations add dollars straight to their bottom line through improved communication which translates to reduced staff turnover and hiring costs and increased employee engagement.
She is the author of Bite Me! but in front of an audience her real gift is in her practical down to earth approach, her willingness to be transparent and a talent for making the complex simple and relevant.
Client Comments for Lynne Schinella
Lynne Schinella travels from Queensland Australia
- My sincere thanks to you for putting on such a dynamic and informative session on presentation skills. I am very passionate about becoming a better presenter and have been to various sessions to that end. Yours has to rank up there in the top one or two for content, delivery and participant involvement. Your ability to both explain and personally demonstrate each topic was outstanding. To 'walk the talk' is a most desirable talent and you have it. Well done!
Toyota Motor Corporation
- The presentation was everything we could have asked for. It was informative, interactive, upbeat, and prompted delegates to network with one another. The positive feedback from delegates relating to this session was overwhelming. On behalf of Young Engineers Australia, thank you for such a fantastic presentation.
Young Engineers Australia
- Fruits for Life brought all our delegates together and gave them a great understanding of how different each of us can be and how to deal with each 'fruit in the orchard' - this session was fun, interactive, very noisy (with all the discussion on whether you were an apple, lime, mango or banana) and was rated one of the highest sessions over the two day conference. Even now three months later I can attend one of our in-house training sessions and someone will always bring this session up - generally its the apples!
- Thank you so much for your inspiring session at our conference. People who would normally fall asleep after lunch were not only energised but were talking about it long into the night, debating how better they can work with an apple next time! Really practical information delivered in an environment where no one felt threatened. Excellent!
Conference and Incentives New Zealand
- Lynne researched our business requirements; was attentive to individual challenges and provided effective tools for the preparation and delivery of presentations. All wrapped in a passionate commitment to enable each individual to present confidently to their peers and customers. Lynne and her team at Ripe Learning are a valued partner on our Professional Development program.
- The Whole Brained Organisation: How diversity creates profit
- Broadband for the Brain: Connecting your virtual workforce
- I'm Always Right: Just ask me!
Topic SynopsesThe Whole Brained Organisation: How diversity creates profit
Do the company values around your office include things like - collaboration, respect for self and others, innovation? But is the reality a silo mentality where sales clashes with operations who clashes with accounts who clashes with corporate services? With a workplace packed with different genders, generations, personalities, sexual orientation, disabilities and cultures is it any wonder managers cite they spend more time on people issues than anything else?
At the heart of all these differences is a common link - our preferred behaviour. Lynne shows you how successful organisations that grow and thrive embrace the rich diversity of their common mind, using their differences to leverage a fatter bottom line.
Broadband for the Brain: Connecting your virtual workforce
Effective communication within any team is critical for success and becomes even more challenging as the number of people working remotely rapidly increases. Perhaps surprisingly, those who work remotely have more relationship issues that those who work face to face, with less opportunities to confront problems. Lynne Schinella explores six key elements needed today for success in keeping your virtual team connected for greater results.
This presentation can be modified to suit the needs of leaders working with teams in different countries, those whose team are in the same city but work regularly from home or SMEs who manage contracted teams.
I'm Always Right: Just ask me!
It is a fundamental human trait to think our way is the right way - because it's our way! The truth is the way we think and act can create great tension and lack of productivity in the workplace with colleagues or clients who are not like us.
In a frank discussion that brings much clarity, Lynne identifies four different types of human behaviour and shows how each of us have our natural preferences in how we behave, both good and not so good.
Your delegates will learn what their own preferences are, and how to modify your own behaviour to work more effectively with others for better results. Lynne makes it OK to be yourself. As long as we recognise the differences in others, and respect that variety we can live happier, more productive lives.
This presentation can be modified to reflect how to use this knowledge in sales, customer service, more effective teams and managing up and down.
"Excellent as always, Nancy is always professional and delivers."
FAST (Finance & Systems Technology Pty Ltd)
Subscribe to our newsletter