Malcolm Simister has a rare gift for an accountant – he can speak! A Chartered Accountant with a ‘Big 4’ and large corporate background, a former CFO and consultant, a writer and trainer he shows accountants how to remain relevant as automation takes over the accounting. He shows them how to grow rather than count the beans.
But more than this, Malcolm is a thought provoking, witty and engaging speaker. He talks to accountants about why they are facing oblivion, what they must do about it and how to embrace their futures; he passionately advocates that there is a better way than annual plans and budgets; and is absolutely certain that year ends don’t exist and that shareholders deserve better from their companies.
Malcolm’s writing ranges from the influential CFO of the Future series of thought leadership papers to insightful articles in professional media to guidance notes for accountants. And now he has written his first book Accountants’ New World - the Essential Guide to being a Valued Business Partner.
For speaking engagements, Malcolm listens to clients’ requirements and tailors his presentations to deliver the value they require. He leaves his audiences informed, intrigued and inspired. If you’re looking for a speaker to motivate your finance professionals or enlighten your business managers and directors, look no further!
Malcolm also facilitates training workshops that educate, stimulate and motivate on topics including Sharpening your Commercial Acumen, Analysing Proactively for Business, Implementing Business Initiatives Successfully and Participating in Managing Business Performance. His Finance Essentials workshops have enlightened many business managers and directors about understanding P&Ls, balance sheets and more.
Client Comments for Malcolm Simister
Malcolm Simister travels from Victoria Australia
- Malcolm inspired and enthused his audience even though they were tired at the end of the working day. His ability to make complex issues clear is enviable and his obvious expertise was matched only by his profound insights. He really is a quality speaker. He is also very approachable and the audience were keen to talk to him over drinks afterwards where he showed genuine interest and concern.
- Your presentation at the second conference was just as outstanding as at the first. It informed, entertained and amused, and really challenged finance professionals to think about their future.
- Thank you for an excellent presentation yesterday. We judge the success of our lunches by the interaction during questions and the preparedness of people to stay behind after 2:00pm to continue the discussion. On both counts you did brilliantly.
- The top speaker at the conference in terms of presentation content, delivery and style was you – congratulations!" (79% of the conference attendees rated Malcolm's presentation style as ‘Excellent'. Some attendees' comments included "Very proficient presenter"; "Very professional"; "Exceptional"; "Excellent concept and examples - some great practical steps and tips"; "Very relevant, very enjoyable and some very good tips"; "Excellent presentation")
- Malcolm took a subject matter that, in another presenter's hands, could have been quite dry and made it interesting, relevant and thought provoking. Feedback from the audience was unanimously positive. Malcolm's presentation style is engaging and enthusiastic and I would recommend him as a public speaker without hesitation – in fact we have already booked him again.
Michael Page International
- Malcolm's style was highly informative and very entertaining. He simplified complex issues and focused his and others' visions into practical ideas and possibilities for the audience.
Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Malcolm has made many presentations for us and always engages his audience with wit and enthusiasm. His expertise is obvious and he gives the audience plenty to think about.
- The presentation was extremely well received and Malcolm not only showed clear mastery of the subject matter but his delivery was clear and concise, entertaining and, most importantly, challenging to the audience.
ANZ Group Ltd.
- Very enthusiastic, knowledgeable speaker and a motivating presentation.
Participant’s comment, WA CPA Week
- Malcolm's experience as a CFO and consultant, together with his research findings and his matter-of-fact style of presentation, makes him a presenter of significant substance and high quality.
Australian Institute of Company Directors
- The CFOs, Financial Controllers, Company Secretaries and other professionals present at the breakfast rated your knowledge of the subject matter, your presentation skills and the relevance of the topic as excellent. I trust CSA will have the opportunity to work with you again.
Chartered Secretaries Australia
- Malcolm inspired and enthused his audience even though they were tired at the end of the working day. His ability to make complex issues clear is enviable. He really is a quality speaker.
- The workshops you prepared and facilitated for us were outstanding successes. All participants rated them highly.
- Accounting and Finance Demystified
- Are You Using or Abusing Your Accountants?
- How To Be a CFO of the Future
- How to Turn Constantly Flat Out into Chief Financial Officer
- It’s Just Great Being an Accountant!
- Why CFOs Must Divide to Multiply
"Carol and Tamie are the best people to work with on speaker engagements – can't get any better than them!"
People's Choice Credit Union
Subscribe to our newsletter