Marcia Griffin has an incredibly diverse history of success in both her corporate and entrepreneurial life.
Marcia's business life began at the Australian Wool Corporation where she travelled the world as a very young woman visiting the major wool consuming countries, researching and analysing demand for Australian wool.
She left the corporate world to take on more entrepreneurial challenges but before doing so she had acquired a second degree from the University of Melbourne and completed an MBA (preliminary).
Armed with a BA, DipEd, BComm and MBA (prelim), she started a completely new venture Pola Cosmetics.
Her life changed dramatically when she met with the franchisee of Pola Cosmetics and started that business for him in Australia - eventually becoming the CEO of Pola Cosmetics and managing and motivating the sales team she built from zero to nearly 5000 consultants around Australia and New Zealand. That achievement led to her becoming the first Telstra Victorian Business Woman of the Year in 1995.
Since then Marcia has written a business autobiography, High Heeled Success, published in 1998 and now in its third print. Marcia has been on the Board of many different companies including the public company PMP, Australia's largest printing business, National Pharmacies, The World Master Games, Tourism Victoria, Melbourne Storm and the Queen Victoria Market.
Marcia was also the first female Chair of CEO mentoring organisation TEC. In addition to her current Board roles, she has recently returned to the cosmetics world launching griffin+row - a range of natural Australian, plant-based skincare products which sell in selected pharmacies and online.
Her business life has been diverse, fascinating, successful and never-ending!
Marcia's unique and varied career enables her to inspire and motivate her audience through her stories of success as well as some of the mistakes she has made along the way. Marcia shares these lessons in a humorous and honest manner that engages her audience at all levels in business and life.
Client Comments for Marcia Griffin
Marcia Griffin travels from Victoria Australia
- Marcia was articulate, through, prompt and well prepared. The audience thought she was terrific.
Australian Customer Service Association
- Active, vibrant and right into the spirit.
- The interest in her presentation was indicated by the high level of questions afterward.
Infotech Research, Melbourne
- 13 Keys to Succes in Business and Life
- From Zero to $1 Million-a-Talk for Women and How to Make Money!
- Future Directions for Women in Business
- How to Achieve Sales Goals Through Innovative Thinking - I Had a Sales Team of 4700 Women!
- How to Remain Successful and Healthy!
- How To Succeed In Business
- Inspiration and Motivation Based on Personal Experience: Building Pola Cosmetics from zero to a multi-million dollar business
- The Ten Habits of Highly Effective People
"Sandra is very friendly and helpful, a great person to work with and a relationship we hope to strengthen in the future. We are so pleased that we selected Saxton to assist us with our event this year, and by the high level of compliments received about Neville Norman, we will definitely be needing Saxton in the future! My sincere thanks to Sandra, she was/is a delight to work with and always happy to help."
Australian Dairy Farmers' Limited
Subscribe to our newsletter