Mark Jones is an award-winning technology journalist, Internet guru and media commentator. He has analysed and predicted the future of technology and Internet trends for more than a decade.
The former IT Editor of The Australian Financial Review, Mark has interviewed the biggest names in technology including Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, “Father of the Internet” Vinton Cerf, Dell founder Michael Dell, and Sun Microsystems co-founder Scott McNealy.
His international experience includes working as executive news editor at prestigious technology magazine InfoWorld in San Francisco and Silicon Valley where he covered the aftermath of the dot-com crash and charted the rise of blogging and podcasting.
Mark has delivered keynotes, moderated panels and acted as MC at conferences in Australia and the United States before audiences anywhere between 50 and 1000 people. As a corporate speaker, he provides Australia’s largest companies with strategic insights into how emerging technologies will shape the future of business.
Clients say they hire Mark Jones for his deep understanding of technology and its powerbrokers, and his unique ability to articulate why new technologies will impact the bottom line.
Client Comments for Mark Jones
Mark Jones travels from AustraliaAustralia
- Mark Jones facilitated one of our most popular sessions at ad:tech this year. With his industry knowledge, professional character and sense of humor, he was able to keep the Social Networking session moving forward, interesting and most importantly entertaining. If you're looking for a speaker, moderator or host for your next event, Mark is exceptional at listening to the brief and delivering an engaging presentation."
ad:tech & iMedia Australia
- Mark Jones is an engaging speaker who connected immediately with an audience of experienced communication professionals at our recent event. He has built a vast repertoire of knowledge and expertise of the social media
space through extensive professional and personal experience. Mark was able to tap into this 'hands on' experience to deliver a meaningful presentation and shared information that attendees will be able to put into practical use. The event concluded with a lively question and answer session - a testament to Mark's ability to capture an audience's attention and interest.
- Mark Jones facilitates good discussion with well-timed pertinent questions. His knowledge of innovation and the technology scene is second to none. Relaxed and charming, Mark is always an engaging and interesting speaker.
- Mark was very professional and capable in his role as moderator, and wonderful in helping to continue the conversation on twitter following the broadcast.
Cox Inall Communications
- How You Can Take Advantage of New Online Media
- Repositioning Media Companies of the Future
- Tech CEO Success Secrets
- Ten Technologies That Will Change Your World
- The Disruptive Force of Online Marketing
- The Future of Journalism
- Why Blogging Will Change Your Business