Marty Fields is one of Australia's most versatile performers. A comic, actor and musician, he trained for 15 years at the Melba Memorial Conservatorium of Music in piano, voice and theory, becoming a professional musician at the age of 14 and travelling the world as a bar piainist. He has also played in a number of rock bands and worked as a session vocalist.
As an actor, he has appeared in Australian TV dramas The Flying Doctors, Blue Heelers and City Homicide, and in feature films Rainbow's End, Signs of Life, The Book of Revelation and Ghost Rider. He has starred in stage musicals High Society, Three Guys Naked From The Waist Down and Crazy For You, receiving nominations for Best Actor in a Musical at the Green Room Awards for each, and winning for Crazy For You. He has also starred in Anything Goes at Melbourne's State Theatre and opposite Marina Prior in the phenomenally successful Guys and Dolls.
A nominee of the prestigious Mo Award for the best stand-up comedian in the country, Marty appeared on Hey, Hey, It's Saturday for four years running, and was a resident comedian on Blankety Blanks and Battle of the Sexes. He is a best-selling author of three comedy books (Takeaway Jokes, Dinkum Aussie Jokes and Ripper Yarns) and a regular talkback presenter on Radio 3AW, particularly on 3AW's Nightline and Afternoons with Denis Walter. An incredibly adatapable comic, Marty tailors his style to his audience and for years has proven a guaranteed corporate comedy favourite. He recently returned from a tour of the United States, performing to sell-out crowds at the country's top comedy venues in LA, Las Vegas and NYC.
As a master of ceremonies, Marty has taken the role to a new level on the corporate scene. He combines his humour with a finely tuned sense of propriety, ensuring that his particular style suits the occasion to a tee. His off-the-cuff interviewing and lively Q&A sessions add yet another dimension to his always successful corporate appearances.
Client Comments for Marty Fields
Marty Fields travels from Victoria Australia
- We would like to thank you for your amusing and professional support as MC of the Sensis Business Series 2004. It was brilliant getting to know you better on the road show around the country. Thanks for helping to keep the show on the road with the appropriate amount of laughter!
Some of the feedback from attendees to the seminar were:
"It was very educational and motivational and the jokes were great..."
"Comic relief was great!"
"I would like a copy of the opening jokes!"
"Humour was great..."
"Very funny and entertaining..."
- Marty was a consummate professional, worth every cent for his performance. Not only was he incredibly funny and entertaining but was also extremely flexible and quite happy to work with us to achieve our most desired result. I would have not hesitation in recommending him for any style of function.
Cara Vasilescu, Anglican Church, Queensland
- I just wanted to pass on my appreciation for you assistance during the recent Sensis Business Series you hosted around Australia. As an inexperienced presenter I really valued your support and encouragement during the series. Your constructive advice really helped me to focus on the key parts of my presentation, shake the nerves, and get the message across to the audience. The feedback I have personally received has been fantastic. It was great working with a true professional, and I had an absolute ball at the same time. Thanks a million.
Yellow Pages Online
- I can't remember hearing a funnier man. He held the crowd for forty minutes to the level that you could hear a pin drop.
- The response to your hosting of the AAMI Ball last weekend was extraordinary. People have already booked their tickets for next year, so of course we would like to book you for next year as well.
- Thanks for your great work at the Derby Ball! I have had lots of excellent feedback in relation to your comedy and MC work.
- Fantastic night. Marty Fields is a funny man, and entertained a group of 200 footballers. Not an easy task but he pulled it off spectacularly.
Queensland Police Service Australian Football Club
- I just wanted to pass on our team's appreciation for the way you handled that heckler at our event on Sunday night. I have seen comedians rip people to shreds, and while it may be ok in a smoky pub, at a corporate event it doesn't fly. But what you did was highly professional and well handled. You didn't make fun of him, only of the things he said. You preserved his dignity when he clearly didn't deserve it and most importantly intertwined it into your performance without missing a beat, allowing the rest of us to continue to enjoy the show.
As you said to me afterwards, in a corporate environment you never know who you're dealing with so you err on the side of caution. What you didn't know was he was actually one of the directors and essentially the boss. You made the absolute most out of a tricky situation and I have not seen it done as well. I felt I should pass on this feedback as it was widely voiced on the night after you'd gone. Congratulations and I'm certain we'll see you again soon.
- Marty was very funny, he read our audience very well and was very well received by them. I received great comments about his performance from our guests.
- Marty did a great job - jumping in to help out at the last minute when our booked MC fell ill. Marty conducted himself professionally and had the audience in stitches right from the start.
Master Builders Association
- Marty was fantastic and exactly what we were after. We found him to be very professional, adaptable (thank goodness because of the event nature) and obviously funny (he read the audience really well and finished at a perfect time!)
Happy to recommend him for future events. Thank you so much for your patience with the event info!
Hi Event Management
- Marty was very easy to work with and an excellent choice for our event. He livened up the room and thoroughly entertained our lunch guests, who were politicians, sponsors and clients important to the North Queensland Cowboys. We received great feedback on his performance and would recommend Marty for any corporate function.
North Queensland Toyota Cowboys
- Marty is an excellent entertainer, but also a lovely man. Very polite, and appreciative.
Mt Isa Chamber of Commerce
- Marty proved to be a great choice for our sponsors, directors, staff and guests. His warm and vibrant personality shone through whilst thanking our sponsors reading a brief description regarding their company. Marty then introduced and assisted our directors in handing out our awards in an extremely professional manner. Marty's comedy routine was extremely funny and well received and was appropriate to the audience. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Marty, a true professional, and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending him to MC or perform at a corporate function or any other function for that matter that required a true professional with a quick wit.
- Marty is an excellent entertainer, but also a lovely man. He was very polite and appreciative.
Mt Isa Chamber of Commerce