Do you know anyone in his twenties who'd have the boldness to invite former president of Poland Lech Walesa to sit on his company's board as a director? Matthew Michalewicz has that boldness. Walesa recognized it and accepted the invitation - which is the only corporate board he's ever agreed to join.
A former Ernst & Young management consultant and serial entrepreneur, Matthew Michalewicz has more than fifteen years of experience in technology commercialization, innovation, and supply chain optimisation. Matthew has addressed audiences from 20 to 2000, and has been featured on radio and television. He has worked with companies such as Bank of America, BMW, Wells Fargo, Visy Industries, ABB Grain, and Pernod Ricard Pacific. He is the co-author of several books and publications, including Winning Credibility: A guide for building a business from rags to riches, Adaptive Business Intelligenceand Puzzle-Based Learning: An introduction to science, mathematics, and critical thinking, which has been adapted into a problem-solving course for universities and corporations across the world.
He is currently the Chief Executive Officer of SolveIT Software Pty Ltd, a leading provider of enterprise software applications for supply & demand optimization. Prior to co-founding SolveIT Software, Matthew Michalewicz served as CEO of a supply chain optimization company he founded in the United States. During a 4 year period from 1999 to 2003 he grew the company to almost 200 employees in 6 international offices - a feat that earned him the honour of becoming an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year finalist - before selling his ownership stake and moving to Australia.
Matthew Michalewicz is an outstanding business and motivational speaker, with deep domain knowledge of supply chain optimization, best practices, thought leadership, revenue maximization through technology, innovation, and technology commercialization, and entrepreneurship. He customizes his content and case studies to your industry or audience preferences and needs. His testimonials repeat the same story: Matthew gives grounded information, sound market place knowledge and hands on ideas for anyone to follow his guidance.
Matthew Michalewicz is also a Business Ambassador for the state of South Australia and a Visiting Fellow at the University of Adelaide.
Client Comments for Matthew Michalewicz
Matthew Michalewicz travels from South Australia Australia
- I have now heard Matthew Michalewicz present several times. His presentations provide that rare mix of being both educational and entertaining. He makes the complex simple. With the use of plain language, examples and stories he is very easy to listen to and understand. Matthew leaves you with core messages and key take aways that can be used to value you add in your business or every day life. In summation clear, concise, fun, professional every step of the way. If you are looking to inspire creativity and entrepreneurship, or just a motivational boost, I would highly recommend Matthew as a speaker.
Macquarie Private Wealth
- At an event that drew over 300 people, Matthew spoke with great eloquence and conviction about the business and life journey that culminated in the writing of his first book. He is an accomplished speaker, but more than that, he presents with the utmost authority and credibility. He has an ability to gauge the mood and interest of the audience, and tailor his comments and presentation to suit. Matthew spoke from the heart, not from prescriptive notes, and had just the right blend of humour, hard fact and personal experience.
American Chamber of Commerce SA
- I have heard Matthew Michalewicz speak on a number of occasions. He is a persuasive and powerful speaker, who can connect to a range of audiences, using his American business successes.
- Matt is a highly engaging speaker with infectious enthusiasm on a broad range of business topics.
- Matthew has spoken at a number of events associated with the Secrets of Australian ICT Innovation competition. He engages with his audience and his enthusiasm for the ICT industry and his willingness to use his experiences to assist others leaves its mark on the audience. His presentation style is friendly, informative and honest.
Secrets of Australian ICT
- Matthew Michalewicz encapsulates the genre of the talented professional speaker who is able to engage and hold the attention of audiences at a level which could best be described as absolute; taking his guests on a journey of understanding and realisation through his unique ability to connect and deliver his message in a way that is both articulate and infused with passion. I highly commend Matthew to any organisation seeking to engage him in the capacity of speaker, confident with the knowledge that he will deliver each and every time to his audiences highest expectation!
- Matthew is an energetic, dynamic, knowledgeable and engaging speaker. Business is first nature to Matthew; he speaks with authority because he has achieved a great deal.
- Matthew is an outstanding public speaker. He draws upon his vast array of professional experiences and initiatives to excite and inspire his audiences.
Optimatics Pty Ltd
- I have worked closely with Matthew on various projects and heard Matthew speak on a number of occasions. His presentations are always engaging and demonstrate his enthusiasm for passing on the depth of experience he's gained as an entrepreneur, mentor and business coach. I'd happily recommend him as an informative, entertaining and insightful speaker.
Minter Ellison Lawyers
- Matthew is one of the most accomplished and sought after speakers on the business circuit in South Australia who inspires audiences through his confident delivery. His message content is drawn from his vast commercial experiences, providing his audience with a relevant, valuable message in an entertaining manner.
InVenture Partners Pty Ltd
- His experience in technology entrepreneurship, and business in general, allows Matthew to find a way to spark interest and make a connection with everybody in the audience.
Australian Institute for Commercialisation
- Matthew Michalewicz is an outstanding speaker with the ability to engage and inspire audiences from all walks of life. Matthew has an amazing ability that I do not see in many speakers
Collective Learning Australia Pty Ltd
- Matthew is an excellent business presenter: he has an engaging style and visuals that hold your attention and deliver the message.
- Matthew is a fine, natural speaker and I have been delighted to engage his services for several important events. Drawing upon a variety of successful experiences, including leadership of several high-tech companies, Matthew is able to convey deep insights into issues such as the commercialisation process and work-life balance in a highly articulate and entertaining fashion.
University of Adelaide
- My first favourable impression of Matthew was at a Playford Capital breakfast meeting where he was presenting to a group of IT entrepreneurs. Matthew proved to be a very capable speaker, the presentation was polished containing lots of sound practical advice for entrepreneurs much of which was based on life's experiences. I was impressed enough with Matthew to attend the book launch of Matthew's book "Winning Credibility" and purchasing a copy. I have since purchased extra copies for my business partners for the excellent practical advice therein for business.
Australian Computer Society
- After hearing Matthew speak, you gain an insight into what makes an entrepreneur tick, what drives him, and what motivates him as a Company Director to take an idea and turn it into a business. He speaks with passion and self belief, and above all, he is entertaining and very easy to listen to.
Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Clear and direct, Matthew Michalewicz is a great speaker who inspires audiences by sharing his experiences and providing good advice.
- We were absolutely thrilled with Michael. He was professional, on message, approachable, highly relevant, engaging, value-adding... Our delegates were exceptionally positive, and they were hard to please. Well done.
Liquor Marketing Group
- Matthew is an absolute pleasure to work with. His presentation is always delivered with passion and humour. The feedback from our clients has been great!
Colonial First State
- Advisers were highly impressed with Matthew Michalewicz and his Five Steps to Personal and Business Success presentation. This session had the highest average of all sessions from the PD day series and was voted the most valuable plenary session overall and the most useful session overall.
- Matthew was an absolute hit at every event we had. It's nice to see someone who is extremely successful and intelligent want to help others achieve their goals. His friendly and easy going manner made him an absolute pleasure to work with! I would highly recommend Matthew to anyone wanting a keynote speaker.
Colonial First State
- We got numerous comments about how easy to relate to Matthew was and how inspired people were to take charge of their own goals.
- 5 Steps to Success
- Secrets of Entrepreneurial Success
- Unlocking Enterprise Value through Supply Chain Optimisation
- Using Technology to Increase Profits
- Bridging the Gap between Academia and Industry
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Why Innovate?
Topic Synopses5 Steps to Success
Duration: 1 to 3 hour seminar or workshop, with take away exercise
Although 'success' is a stirring and inspirational subject, the advice provided is usually too abstract for most people to apply in their day-to-day lives. Given our differences in culture, values, and upbringing, how one person achieved success is often not applicable to the vast majority of others. Matthew Michalewicz has studied the fascinating subject of success for more than a decade, both on himself - in growing a company from his garage to a multimillion operation with hundreds of employees in seven international offices - as well as others. He has 'formulized' the subject of success in his 5 Steps to Success seminar, with easy-to-follow steps and principles that are accessible to participants from every walk of life. Through this highly motivational and action-oriented seminar, participants are provided with a structured framework for attaining their goals and aspirations. 5 Steps to Success is often included as part of professional development programs, and includes topics such as:
- Goal setting
- Career/life planning
- Psychological aspects of attaining success, such as fear, self-belief, etc.
- Identifying and understanding knowledge gaps
- Turning paper goals into reality through action
- Work/life balance
- Mentors and influencers
Secrets of Entrepreneurial Success
Duration: Half to full day seminar or workshop
The Secrets of Entrepreneurial Success workshop focuses on the core concepts and factors that can make the difference between success and failure in small businesses. This course provides an overview and analysis of the factors that impact sustainability, competitiveness, and growth, the interplay and synergies between them, and how to identify and address shortcomings in these areas. Based on real-life examples and case studies, this course will cover the following topics:
- Research and validation for target markets
- Intellectual property strategies
- Vision, goal setting, and business planning
- Different revenue models
- Strategies for closing sales during the current economic downturn.
- Building relationships and partnerships with customers
- Being 'core' and 'strategic' to your customers
- Defining customer values
- The role of investors
- Importance of early-adopter customers
- Partners and distribution channels
- Start-up teams and professional managers
- Advisors, directors, and governance
- Leveraging media and analyst coverage
- Mergers & acquisitions, and exit strategies
Unlocking Enterprise Value through Supply Chain Optimisation
Duration: 1 hour seminar
The field of Supply Chain Optimization has been around for many years, and is loosely defined as the application of processes and tools to ensure the optimal execution of manufacturing and logistical activities. During this forward-looking informative seminar, Matthew will give insights into the current trends affecting supply chain management, as well as the latest technologies and applications that are being used to optimise business processes, minimise carbon footprint, understand trade-offs between competing supply chain objectives, conduct what-if simulations, connect disparate business silos, and handle supply & demand variability. Matthew Michalewicz has more than 15 years of experience in the area of supply chain management working with global companies such Rio Tinto, Visy Industries, ABB Grain, Pernod Ricard, Amcor, Ford Motor Company, and Bank of America. He is also the author of several books and publications on the subject, as well as the cofounder of two international companies specialising in software applications for supply & demand optimisation.
Using Technology to Increase Profits
Duration: 1 hour seminar
The airline and hotel industries have effectively used revenue management technologies for decades to optimise pricing and profits. However, the underlying technologies are available for all
companies and industries to use for maximising their competitive position. During this highly informative seminar, Matthew Michalewicz will outline the latest advances in areas such as predictive marketing, expert systems, business intelligence 2.0, and others, which can be used to maximise competitiveness and profitability in any company. Case studies will be used to demonstrate how small and global companies alike have benefited from using such technologies to increase profits.
Bridging the Gap between Academia and Industry
Duration: 1 to 6 hour seminar or workshop
The Bridging the Gap between Academia and Industry course focuses on the core concepts and factors that can help researchers drive better academic and commercial outcomes from their research efforts. This course will provide researchers with an understanding of the shortcoming of many
types of academic research, the major difficulties of turning research into commercial outcomes, and practical tips, ideas, and advice to address them. Based on real-life examples and case
studies, this course will cover the following topics:
- Market-driven research/industry engagement
- Intellectual property strategies
- Leveraging the media
- Different forms of commercialization
- Commercialization and risk & reward
- Funding commercial initiatives
Innovation and Commercialisation
Duration: 1 to 2 hour seminar or workshop
Bringing new innovations to market is both exciting and potentially very rewarding. However, there is often a funding and knowledge gap that has to be overcome when bringing new innovations to market. During his presentation, serial entrepreneur and business author Matthew Michalewicz will discuss what it takes to bridge these gaps. In addition to numerous useful insights, his talk will focus on practical tips and hints that all businesses can apply to maximise their chances of achieving successful commercialisation outcomes.
Why innovate? To gain differentiation, competitive advantage, increased productivity - the list is endless. The problem large companies face is how to approach innovation - which is typically an unstructured discipline - in a structured manner. Matthew Michalewicz's talk will focus on different enterprise innovation models, from cultural and KPI-driving innovation, through to think tanks, strategic alliances, spin-ins, and strategic investments, and how they have been applied in various industries.
"Kris is exceptional and so professional to deal with."
Subscribe to our newsletter