Mia Freedman is the co-founder and creative director of the Mamamia Women’s Media Company the thriving, multi-media business that she started as a blog in her lounge room after 15 highly successful years spent working in magazines and seven disastrous months working in the male-dominated world of commercial TV.
With more than 100 full time staff who work across the company’s many offices around the world including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and New York and an audience of millions of women ever day across written articles, podcasts and videos, Mamamia is the largest women’s media company in Australia and has the largest women’s podcast network in the world. Mia was named one of Australia’s Most Influential Women by the Australian Financial Review and with three children - the eldest of whom works at Mamamia - and a husband who is her co-founder, Mia has well and truly blurred the lines between work, life and balance.
Client Comments for Mia Freedman
- We just wanted to tell you how very happy we were to have Mia Freedman as MC for our Lindt Christmas media launch, which consisted of a Christmas lunch for approximately 70 lifestyle and food media.
Mia fitted in immediately as if she was part of the Lindt team. She made a great effort to understand exactly what we were expecting from her and ensured that she would convey the key marketing messages in a fun and entertaining way. Her media background meant she also had a good understanding of what the media would relate too. The Lindt management were also delighted with Mia and thought she was the perfect choice.
We wanted our Lindt Christmas Lunch to be relaxed and fun, as a Christmas lunch should be, and Mia certainly helped us to achieve this. We can thoroughly recommend Mia as a consummate professional who is also very entertaining and a joy to work with.
Entwistle Public Relations
- Mia was very entertaining with a great message to all especially women
CIBA Vision Australia
- You have left an indelible imprint on the hearts and minds of our network. The feedback from our convention delegates has been overwhelmingly positive. Thank you once again for your keynote presentation and teaching us how to keep it real, people are still quoting you and having outbursts of laughter from the presentation.
- Mia went down a treat with our PAs. Many are fans of hers and appreciated the opportunity to hear from a 'celebrity'. Despite her 'celebrity' status, Mia is very down to earth and friendly. Thanks Mia!
- Thank you for being such a valuable part of our panel discussion and for your honest, very real answers.
Women in Banking and Finance Conference
- Thank you for your wonderful contribution to the Women, Management and Work Conference. This year the conference had a high energy buzz, the feedback was particularly glowing with many participants saying they were going back to work inspired and energised.
Women, Management and Work Conference
- Mia Freedman spoke at our Annual Property Management Conference and was a huge success to the female dominated audience who left the day feeling very inspired after her talk. The 130 attendees rated her presentation 9.2 out of 10.
Hocking Stuart Corporate
- You're a rare gem, Mia Freedman. You're not scared to share the bad with the good and you do so in such a way that compels others to want to be better, and not be so tough on themselves. Thanks for sharing your story and your experiences with the Business Chicks community last week - the feedback's still coming in thick and fast and we'd have you back in a flash. Thanks again.
- I just wanted to say a huge thank you for such a wonderful and engaging presentation for our i connect conference. Your keynote address hit the mark perfectly. Your information was topical, your examples were amusing and relevant to our families and the strategies you wove through the presentation were practical and manageable. Just perfect! All our parents were delighted and engaged and I think you set the tone for the whole day. We've had fantastic feedback from our participants and the rest of the conference including the 24 workshops, dinner event and Sunday activities were all fantastic. It was a truly happy, relaxed and wonderful event.Thank you for starting us off so well!
Pop Culture, Technology and Your Kids i connect conference
- Mia was an engaging, thought provoking and entertaining speaker, and shared insights on a range of issues relevant to gender equality. Mia tailored her speech particularly well for the audience, which consisted of guests from a diverse range of sectors and age groups. Her address generated very positive feedback from the audience, particularly among younger women. Mia was also a pleasure to work with, and I would have no hesitation in recommending her for future speaking engagements.
Office for Women's Policy, NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet
- A very engaging speaker, Mia tailored her presentation to our key audience and was very well received.
Business Events Sydney
Topic SynopsesReal is the New Perfect
The story of Mia's personal journey from work experience to website publisher with behind-the-scenes anecdotes about the worlds of media. Funny, moving, revealing and inspiring.
10 Fails When Talking To Women
With 20 years spent working in all forms of media, Mia shares the lessons she's learned about where marketers and media are going wrong when they're trying to appeal to women. This keynote has broad appeal and includes many examples and anecdotes applicable to all industries. Hugely popular with both women and men.
How to Create Online Communities That Click
Mamamia boasts an online army of 1.3 million women and is considered Australia's leading independent online publisher. So how did it morph from personal blog to mutli-media juggernaut? Mia reveals tips, tricks and anecdotes that will help anyone build an online audience and explain in simple terms how social media is an absolute must.
"Thank you Saxton for being professional and prompt right from the enquiry through to the post event stage."
Subscribe to our newsletter