Mike Munro began his career as a journalist in 1971 as a 17-year-old copy boy on The Australian and The Daily Mirror newspapers. After completing his cadetship he remained with the Mirror for seven years before joining Sydney's Channel 10 News in 1978. Eleven months later he returned to newspapers and was posted to New York by Rupert Murdoch to work in News Limited's American bureau and The New York Post.
He went on to become a household name in Australian media as feature presenter in such programmes as Willesee, 60 Minutes, A Current Affair, This is Your Life, Missing Persons Unit and most recently as co-hosts Channel Seven's current affairs program Sunday Night.
Mike is perhaps is best known for his candid interviews with such stars as Madonna, Barbra Streisand, Bette Midler and Katharine Hepburn on 60 Minutes, for his ground-breaking and provocative reports for A Current Affair and for the 'honest, raw emotion' of This Is Your Life. This Is Your Life had not been out of the annual top 10 regular programs for all its six years and averaged a national weekly audience of more than two million viewers.
His autobiography, A Pasty-Faced Nothing, which documents his journey from a childhood of poverty, degradation and abuse to acclaim and popularity was released in 2003. Mike retells this inspirational story, titled 'The Power of Vision' to all manner of audience.
Mike is the consummate MC for that prestigious event, the inspirational speaker for your team or the celebrity presenter in your own 'This is Your Life'. Mike, in his warm and much loved style, is perfect to celebrate the achievement and qualities of that special individual.
Client Comments for Mike Munro
Mike Munro travels from New South Wales Australia
- The conference was a huge success. Mike's presentation added greatly to the conference. His presentation was emotive and honest. You could have heard a pin drop as he shared his life's story with us. His sense of justice and strong ethical character was clear to everyone. Everyone was moved and there wasn't an eye without a tear. He is one of the strongest examples of resilience that I could ever hope to meet. From where he started, to what he accomplished, no blame for his mother, just love and sadness at what she lost - he is an amazing man.
- We were really impressed with Mike's background research and enthusiasm for the project. He was so lovely to deal with, and his professionalism and polished presenting made our shoot (and edit) a pleasure!
- Delegates were very happy with Mike as the MC. He carried out his duties with the utmost professionalism and clearly has an affinity with the homelessness sector.
Homelessness Australia Inc.
- Mike's story was outstandingly engaging and so well received by the women in the room.
Jewish Community Appeal
- Mike is the consummate host and engages with the audience in a professional and very friendly way.
R2L & Associates
- Mike was one of the most professional and delightful people that I have worked with. He is kind, understanding yet always maintains his professionalism. Mike was so obliging and we have had excellent feedback on his speech and his mannerisms, in particular the way he mixed with the guests and did not mind his photo being taken, constantly! Mike was fabulous!
Worklink Employment Support Group Inc
- I think it's safe to say that everyone fell in love with Mike on the night! His story was extremely touching and I heard quite a few people in the audience remark on being able to relate to his story and finding him and inspiration and such a beautiful, genuine person. Our deepest thanks to Mike for sharing his time and story with us! We've had nothing but positive feedback of the evening.
- Mike was extremely personable and professional on the night. The 'This Is Your Life' presentation was fantastic and added an exciting talking point for our event.
NIB Health Fund
- Mike Munro had the audience enthralled with details of a part of his life that was largely unknown to them. An engaging speaker who went out of his way to make sure everyone in attendance had a chance to meet and speak with him after his presentation.
Scone Neighbourhood Centre
- Very inspirational speaker - wonderful for all our students to hear him talk about his life.
MacKillop College, Werribee
- Mike Munro is the consummate professional. His presence on stage is captivating for audiences and his delivery of a 'This is Your Life' format provided an excellent opportunity to highlight key milestones for a company or a brand.
- You could hear a pin drop - very professional.
Chatswood Chamber of Commerce
- Mike Munro was fabulous; he was inspirational and the way he spoke really related to our audience.
- We would like to thank you for hosting this very important occasion on behalf of our profession. Your
professionalism shined throughout the evening and made it an event to remember for all who
attending. I cannot thank you enough for making my job easier on the night and ensuring the night
tracked to plan with military precision. I would not think twice about recommending your services.
We have only received positive feedback on the night and this was followed up by numerous phone
calls and emails following the event. I hope you enjoyed the evening as much as the rest of our
- Secrets of Dealing with the Media
- The Power of Vision
- This Is Your Life
"Kris McCartney was fantastic to work with. She was personable, responsive and very professional. If I had any questions or issues Kris was quick to assist and always provided a helpful response. Kris was an absolute pleasure to work with."
Subscribe to our newsletter