Mike Munro AM is an Australian broadcasting icon.
His decades of authentic reporting have made him one of Australia’s most trusted and respected media figures.
Though his name is synonymous with the very highest calibre of TV journalism, Mike actually started his career spending twelve years in newspapers around the globe.
After joining Channel Ten News he became a reporter on 60 Minutes. He went on to host programs like A Current Affair and This is Your Life on the Nine Network and Sunday Night on the Seven Network.
In 2014, Mike was made a member of the Order of Australia in the Queen’s birthday honours list for his charity work and contribution to journalism.
Client Comments for Mike Munro
Mike Munro travels from New South Wales Australia
After decades in front of the camera as one of the most trusted and highly respected media figures in Australia, Mike Munro delivers the ultimate media training presentation.
The intensive training provides the perfect mixture of practical skills with the wisdom of experience for trainees to be comfortable and confident in any media environment.
Mike keeps the presentations highly stimulating and focussed with maximum take-home value. For instance, key skills include everything from how to deliver and structure messages tailored for the media, how to handle confronting interview questions and difficult situations, to how to stay on message, and then how to adapt according to an audience.
From the master interviewer comes incisive and practical lessons on how to operate in the media.
- Wow! Inspirational.
Dubbo White Ribbon Forum
- The conference was a huge success. Mike's presentation added greatly to the conference. His presentation was emotive and honest. You could have heard a pin drop as he shared his life's story with us. His sense of justice and strong ethical character was clear to everyone. Everyone was moved and there wasn't an eye without a tear. He is one of the strongest examples of resilience that I could ever hope to meet. From where he started, to what he accomplished, no blame for his mother, just love and sadness at what she lost - he is an amazing man.
- We were really impressed with Mike's background research and enthusiasm for the project. He was so lovely to deal with, and his professionalism and polished presenting made our shoot (and edit) a pleasure!
- Delegates were very happy with Mike as the MC. He carried out his duties with the utmost professionalism and clearly has an affinity with the homelessness sector.
Homelessness Australia Inc.
- Mike's story was outstandingly engaging and so well received by the women in the room.
Jewish Community Appeal
- Mike is the consummate host and engages with the audience in a professional and very friendly way.
R2L & Associates
- Mike was extremely personable and professional on the night. The 'This Is Your Life' presentation was fantastic and added an exciting talking point for our event.
NIB Health Fund
- Mike was one of the most professional and delightful people that I have worked with. He is kind, understanding yet always maintains his professionalism. Mike was so obliging and we have had excellent feedback on his speech and his mannerisms, in particular the way he mixed with the guests and did not mind his photo being taken, constantly! Mike was fabulous!
Worklink Employment Support Group Inc
- I think it's safe to say that everyone fell in love with Mike on the night! His story was extremely touching and I heard quite a few people in the audience remark on being able to relate to his story and finding him and inspiration and such a beautiful, genuine person. Our deepest thanks to Mike for sharing his time and story with us! We've had nothing but positive feedback of the evening.
- Mike shared his story - it was very intimate, amazing and inspired our audience.
- Very inspirational speaker - wonderful for all our students to hear him talk about his life.
MacKillop College, Werribee
- Mike Munro had the audience enthralled with details of a part of his life that was largely unknown to them. An engaging speaker who went out of his way to make sure everyone in attendance had a chance to meet and speak with him after his presentation.
Scone Neighbourhood Centre
- Our choice of Mike Munro for our event was a huge success. This is mainly due to the efforts of Mike himself. He came very well prepared having discovered some research that is most relevant to our business and our event. He opened by presenting the research results as they applied to us and then led into his own story. He drew a very appropriate parallel between his own story and that of some of the people who we assist to find meaningful work. Mike was most generous with his time. Without any prompting he headed over to a table of journalists who were all just delighted to meet him and share experiences. Additionally Mike spent a great deal of time with many people with disabilities, posing for photos with them and answering all their questions. The way he engaged with everyone on the night was amazing. So too is Mikes own story of his journey and his triumph over early disadvantage – very inspiring. We are very grateful to Mike for his involvement in our Job Shadow night gala dinner, frankly he made for us. We thoroughly recommend Mike as a speaker, he is extremely versatile and very engaging.
Work Solutions Gippsland
- Mike was a definite highlight of our conference. Our delegates were absolutely captivated as Mike took them on the journey of our company in the forever classic 'This is your life' style. His research and building of the presentation prior to the event was the major reason for its successful execution. His wiliness to mingle and integrate with our delegates and his professional manner means one would have no hesitation in recommending him. Our thanks and appreciation to him.
- Mike Munro is the consummate professional. His presence on stage is captivating for audiences and his delivery of a 'This is Your Life' format provided an excellent opportunity to highlight key milestones for a company or a brand.
- You could hear a pin drop - very professional.
Chatswood Chamber of Commerce
- Mike Munro was fabulous; he was inspirational and the way he spoke really related to our audience.
- We would like to thank you for hosting this very important occasion on behalf of our profession. Your professionalism shined throughout the evening and made it an event to remember for all who attending. I cannot thank you enough for making my job easier on the night and ensuring the night tracked to plan with military precision. I would not think twice about recommending your services. We have only received positive feedback on the night and this was followed up by numerous phone calls and emails following the event. I hope you enjoyed the evening as much as the rest of our guests.
- Secrets of Dealing with the Media
- The Power of Vision
- This Is Your Life
"The service was professional and timely and I would not hesitate to recommend it to my colleagues."
National E-Health Transition Authority
Subscribe to our newsletter