Moya Sayer-Jones has been described as 'the thinking woman’s Clive James', a comparison she loves. A writer, columnist and performer, she well known for her regular column in The Age's Good Weekend, in which, as the 'Modern Guru', she turns her sharp, comic intelligence to the subject of modern living.
Moya has performed her own comedy in Australia and the UK (Edinburgh Fringe Festival) and London comedy circuit. In 1999 she presented a daytime women's television program for Network Ten with Penny Cook and is currently developing a comedy series for the ABC.
As a speaker, Moya excels in unique presentations for specific business and training scenarios. Her forum, 'The Interactive Modern Guru', which encourages participants to creatively discuss workplace issues, provides a marvellous opportunity to build team spirit and lift productivity. Her playful yet insightful perspectives on the challenges of balancing professional and personal concerns provides these occasions with a strong focus and memorable impact.
Client Comments for Moya Sayer-Jones
Moya Sayer-Jones travels from New South Wales Australia
- Moya was a very enjoyable speaker - very creative and everyone really enjoyed her IBM and Mac t-shirts. She was fun to listen to and had obviously researched the topic and the organisation which made for an appropriate presentation. She certainly livened up the room after lunch.
- Moya did an outstanding job, and put a lot of work into ensuring her presentation suited the diverse audience. She made our event a winner, as evidenced by the comments of many staff that it was 'the best one of these meetings they'd ever attended'.
IBM Global Services Australia
- Come Clean with the Modern Guru!
- Happiness Is... The Modern Guru's Ten Golden Rules for Life and Work
- Make the MG your MC
- The Ups and Downs of Baby Boom Times
"I have used Saxton for my last three events and the quality of service is excellent."
Australian Prawn Farmers Association
Subscribe to our newsletter