Nigel Marsh is best known for his creative pursuits. He is the author of three books – Fat, Forty and Fired (Random House, 2007), Overworked and Underlaid (Allen & Unwin, 2009) and Fit, Fifty and Fired-Up (Allen and Unwin, 2012) – he is also the co-founder of Earth Hour and the founder of the Sydney Skinny. His first book is currently being developed into a major TV series in America.
The other side to Nigel is his 25 year career in branding and marketing. Over that time Nigel has worked with a huge variety of organisations, from the highest profile companies – McDonalds, Canon, Pepsi, P&G, Virgin, Mars, Fiat, Colgate – to national governments to local enterprises. Whether dealing with big business issues or social engineering – AIDS, Drink Driving, Smoking or Climate Change – Nigel has produced and managed campaigns to address almost every challenge imaginable. This experience has given him strong views on effective marketing and, in particular, effective leadership and team building. As Regional Group CEO of Y&R Brands ANZ, he is responsible for over 1000 staff, 36 offices and iconic brands such as George Patterson and The Campaign Palace. During his previous role as CEO of Leo Burnett, the company won the industry's coveted Agency of the Year award not once, but twice.
In high demand as a public speaker, Nigel travels the globe, regularly giving speeches to major corporations on both his business and personal views. His TED speech on work/life balance remains the most viewed ever given outside America, with well over two million hits.
In addition to his role as a speaker and author, Nigel personally consults to a select group of leading CEOs, is Special Advisor to the Australian Indigenous Education Foundation and is a partner in boutique management consultancy Growth Mantra.
Client Comments for Nigel Marsh
- Nigel's presentation was nothing short of fantastic - a real treat for our attendees. Everyone got something out of the session. This was clearly reflected in the feedback - Nigel was unanimously rated our top presenter for the conference.
- The response to Nigel was terrific. We've had Advisors and staff say they could have listened to him all day. If you would like an entertaining speaker who makes your audience laugh, think and reflect, Nigel is the right choice.
- Empowering and inspiring - the audience loved it! Great fun underpinned by a serious and relevant message.
- Irreverent, engaging, honest. Fabulous. One of the very best speaker sessions we have ever had.
- Nigel was simply fantastic - and a wonderfully refreshing change to the usual presentations.
Australian Corporate Lawyers Association
- The perfect end to our conference - the audience was buzzing. Great message delivered with an engaging and inspiring style. Thoroughly thought provoking, relevant and humourous.
Ramsay Health Care
- Creativity and Risk
- Effective Leadership
- Effective Marketing
- Fat, Forty and Fired
- Getting the Best out of Your Business and Yourself
- Managing Through Change
- Transforming the Power and Effectiveness of your Communications Campaigns
- Work/Life Balance
" Every time I work with Nancy it all runs very smoothly.
Every time I work with Nancy it all runs very smoothly."
Subscribe to our newsletter