Nils Vesk has been applying, teaching, and researching innovation around the world for over 15 years. The key innovation problem he solves is that organisations have too few innovations and they are too far apart.
Nils’ research has identified that the major cause of this problem is that our biases get in the way of innovating. Simply put ‘what we see changes what we see’. This is human nature, except it often results in us filtering and making decisions we’re not even aware that we’ve made.
This is why Nils believes that every innovation expert you’ve ever heard speak, has been totally right yet totally wrong at the same time. Each expert (and everyone else) comes with a bias based on the professional roles they have had in their career.
Having spearheaded the science of diagnosing and prescribing critical innovation skills.
Nils has reinvented the innovation process, through the use of innovation archetypes. By matching the right perception to a specific situation we can hatch the innovation.
Professionally trained as a designer Nils used ‘Design thinking’ as a key skill in becoming Australia’s pioneering ‘Innovation Architect’. Nils is simplifying innovation so that everyone, not just a select few, can create rapid commercial innovation that helps to create millions of dollars of additional revenue.
Nils is the author of the innovation book Innovation Archetypes: democratising innovation (2015), Ideas with Legs: how to generate and realise ideas (2011), Life's little toolbox: tips for a happier healthier you (2003) and co-author of Ideas: original perspectives on life and business from leading thinkers (2006)
Client Comments for Nils Vesk
Nils Vesk travels from New South Wales Australia
- Nils you helped us think and get our heads around what we needed to do as one group moving forward. It was a great experience for all and you challenged our thinking, gave us practical tools and got us to open our minds to make the journey." "Your endless energy and fantastic facilitation skills got us to where we needed to be and gave us the momentum to develop actions and ideas which we have struggled with in the past. We now have a great strategy, ideas and actions to work towards and implement. Thanks for the experience and all your effort. We have been singing your praises to everyone, as outstanding and we have no hesitation in recommending you.
- Nils' presentation was a highlight of our three day event. It created a buzz in the room which followed through into breaks and ongoing sessions. It set the scene for our information sharing, it got people talking, and it generated ideas in the audience which enhanced the outcomes of our event.
GM Smart Service Queensland
- Absolutely brilliant. He put a new perspective on my thought process!
BankWest Private Banking NSW
- I highly recommend Nils Vesk as a speaker for your business. Nils presented to our entire agency and we received great feedback from all departments - from the creative teams to the 'suits'. He was an energetic and inspiring presenter who provided us with great ideas for how we can become more inventive. His ideation strategies would be applicable for any type of business - and I encourage any business leader who believes in the power of ideas to also get him involved in their business.
McCann Worldgroup, Sydney
- Some words to describe what Nils Vesk did for us at our CBA conference. He led us, he guided us, he facilitated, he challenged us, and most importantly he helped us innovate and become thought leaders. He was fabulous, his style is terrific his energy is contagious and we'd use him again in a heart beat.
- Ideas with Legs: How to generate and realise brilliant ideas
- Sales and Service Innovation: How to create awesome innovation sales and service
- Innovation Under Pressure: How to utilise stress to complete more innovation
- Hot Innovative Teams (HIT): How to create resilient innovative teams
- Instant Fix: Preventing Burnout Whilst Increasing Output
- Innovation Archetypes
- Thought Leadership Unlimited: How to unpack and utilise IP
Topic SynopsesIdeas with Legs: How to generate and realise brilliant ideas
Now more than ever, innovative ideas are the currency for success. While we know innovation is valuable, it’s a sad fact that too many organisations just don’t know how to innovate.
The good news is no matter how time poor, or how crammed our heads might be with traditional business management skills, with Nils’ innovation techniques we can still find a way to bend time to our advantage and shake up our thinking patterns to start innovating
Nils’ ‘Ideas with Legs’ keynote delivers an innovation experience so that you can actually experience what it takes to cross boundaries from traditional thinking to innovative thinking. Let’s be clear that Nils believes that innovation is not creativity. Innovation is about creating a great idea and taking it to market for commercial gain.
Be prepared to buckle up as Nils takes his audience on a counter intuitive experience that is as challenging as it is rewarding. This innovation experience powerfully shifts audiences so that they walk away with 5 implementable innovation solutions no matter how time poor or how task saturated they may be.
Sales and Service Innovation: How to create awesome innovation sales and service
Innovation Under Pressure is the perfect antidote for increasing attrition, absenteeism and stress whilst increasing your innovation productivity. Stress utilisation meets time management. You'll walk away with the ability to handle stressful situations with confidence yet without the negative side affects of stress.
Innovation Under Pressure: How to utilise stress to complete more innovation
Sales and Service Innovation is a must-have in today's competitive sales and service world. Your sales and service people will be able to deliver fresh innovative solutions to their customers. Thought leadership unlimited is all about unpacking and capturing the creative and innovative wisdom in your organisation and communicating your business ideas to position your business through thought leadership marketing.
Hot Innovative Teams (HIT): How to create resilient innovative teams
Hot Innovative Teams (HIT) is the keynote that ensures your teams have all the energy, creativity, resilience, focus and communication needed to rock on day in day out. You'll walk away with clearer communicating innovative teams who get more done, while having more fun doing it.
Instant Fix: Preventing Burnout Whilst Increasing Output
We all know that situations change whether it be in business or in our personal life. In extreme situations 'in the blink of an eye' we can go from feeling on top of the world, to feeling like there's no world worth living for. As bad as these changes may be, the reality is that changes are a fact of life. While we can't change the situations that happen beyond our control, we can manage the way we choose to react the instant these situations and changes start to happen.
In this 'it's all about me' 'instant fix' packed session you'll be discovering a stack of fun, practical and proven methods to change your situation 'in an instant'
So no matter whether you've gone from hero to zero or from calm to chaos, you can change the way you think, feel and act to get back on track.
Be prepared for a stack of instant fixes that will help you turn pandemonium into tranquility. Our instant mental fix will be helping you turn self defeating thoughts into supporting thoughts, insanity to sanity, and frustration into fun. Our instant energy fix will help bring back your mojo, turn pain into pleasure and shift confusion into focus. Whilst our instant productivity blitz will help you turn overtime into free time and turn indecision into decisions.
Nils has reinvented the innovation process through Innovation Archetypes. People learn how to identify their innovation strengths & how to utilise archetypes to innovate consistently & effectively.
"Everyone I dealt with was completely professional, accommodating of our needs, and provided a wonderful service at very late notice. The experience was a pleasure all round."
Subscribe to our newsletter