Paul Martell is one of Australia's leading and most successful corporate comedy entertainers and MCs.
'Paul who?' I hear some of you say.
Well, you may not have heard of him, but he has been voted Comedian of the Year by his peers on an unprecedented 24 occasions at the coveted Mo, Ace and Variety Club Heart Awards, most recently in July 2015. He remains in constant demand and is still one of the busiest comedians in the business due to his ability to continually re-invent himself, stay fresh, non-offensive and current.
Paul's incredible ability to adapt to any arena has seen him make numerous appearances for major corporate and sporting events, such as the AFL and NRL grand finals, the Bledisloe Cup, A League, State of Origin, the Australian Open, Formula 1, the Melbourne Cup for CROWN Casino and Super V8s on the Gold Coast. He has also performed on prestigious cruise ships, such as Queen Mary 2, and in Concert halls around Australia with international legends such as Shirley Bassey, Julio Iglesias, Shirley MacLaine and Englebert.
As a Master of Ceremonies, he is continually re-booked at conferences and award dinners. He has toured Australia for three years as a comedian and MC for the Park Trent Properties Group, with Jessica Mauboy, Samantha Jade, David Campbell and Leo Sayer. He has recently been confirmed for a fourth year with Kate Ceberano.
In April 2015, Paul and his wife Jane Scali were invited to entertain on the Gallipoli Centenary Cruise alongside Bert Newton, Daryl Braithwaite, Kate Ceberano, John Williamson, Ross Wilson and Normie Rowe.
Paul's hoax characters are specifically tailored to your business. His brilliant impressions of Sean Connery, Micheal Caine, Robert DeNiro, Russell Crowe, Jack Nicholson and Nicolas Cage, to name a few, are a highlight of his act.
Client Comments for Paul Martell
Paul Martell travels from AustraliaAustralia
- "Your performance was quite simply the greatest standup routine I have ever seen live – you were astonishing! Never have I received such feedback and accolades for a performer of any ilk. You stole the thunder.. You rocked the room.. You wowed Alan Jones and you proved once again that you are the best stand-up comedian in Australia by an absolute country mile.."
Late Mail Luncheon
- "On behalf of Beacon Financial Group I should like to thank you and Jane for your contribution to the success of our conference. You promised me a "wow factor" and delivered. I also appreciate you and Jane joining delegates for a social drink and chat following your performance. Everyone valued the opportunity to meet the two of you personally and share a story or two; you really went the extra mile. It was a fabulous evening."
CEO - Beacon Group
- "Not only did you keep the business of the evening moving along MC, your feature set was fantastic! We've had rave reviews all around. It makes such a difference working with someone so professional and so good at just getting the job done."
EO - Novus Foundation
- We cannot praise Paul enough for his hoax character performance that had the whole room rolling in tears of laughter. His representation of the character was spot on and the delivery of all the local Mirvac content in his performance was perfect. (I had staff after lunch still believing that Paul was an actual Mirvac employee, albeit slightly twisted!) We would recommend Paul to any group looking for a thoroughly professional performance.
- You were simply fantastic and made all the guests so relaxed... humour is certainly the best form of medicine!
Mater Lives Committee, Mater Hospital
- A first class moderator of the NIBA convention. I've seen you in comedy mode, but your professional approach to the corporate business section aspect was outstanding. Your light and easy manner in what amounts to herding cats, you were largely responsible for a very smooth running convention.
AON Risk Services
- You have certainly entertained, inspired and informed our people at a high level, judging from the feedback received. Thanks for being a part of what is being heralded as our finest conference ever.
- Thank you for your generous donation of your services. Waiving your fee... helped raise $100,000 for the Working Wonders Foundation at Royal Brisbane Children's Hospital.
- Thank you, Jane and your support staff for bringing the conference to a climactic conclusion. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the performance and were genuinely sad when your combined act concluded.
OAMPS Financial Management Ltd
- In your role as Master of Ceremonies you gave informative introductions of our keynote speakers, provided smooth transitions between the various components of the program, maintained excellent time management and provided some delightful and very welcome humour for our 860 delegates.
M. Saville, Rotary District 9680 Governor, 07-08
- Paul, you are definitely one of the funniest comedians I have had the pleasure to see, and I can assure you all of our guests agreed with me. You were amazing - thank you.
St Vincents & Mater Health
- We can't believe how lucky we were to have you available once again at casting time. Your performances delighted us. Your humour brings a special warmth and charm to our concerts, not to mention that you made us and the odd thousand or so laugh, chuckle and guffaw.
Venables, Creating Entertainment
- The evening was deemed a huge success thanks to your superb entertaining and MC skills.
- He was a great performer who made all attendees enjoy the evening.
Shoalhaven Division of General Practice
- An amazing entertainer, who enthralled all who attended with his outstanding wit and true professionalism. An absolute legend! Would not hesitate to use for future events.
Local Government Association of Queensland
- The feedback from the members has been outstanding. They loved Paul. Some people want to know where Paul Martell has been hiding; they can't believe that they have never heard of someone that funny!
S.P.A.S.A (Hyatt, Perth)
- Truly the most successful entertainment ALGA (Australian Local Government Association) has seen. Monday night with Paul Martell was fantastic!
- Entertainment is always a bit stressful for events. The audience was so into Paul Martell. Great job. Thank you.
- Your natural flair with the audience and your ability to connect with all cultural backgrounds have provided a magic evening time and time again. You are a true professional Paul, and a true gentleman personally. It has been our pleasure to have your talent as part of our special evenings year after year.
Parktrent Properties Group
- Paul was fantastic, he's such a delight, and we just LOVE him. What a great performer.
Humpty Dumpty Foundation
- Thank you for today - you were fantastic!
- Paul Martell is the Comic's Comic!
Melbouren Radio 3AW
- You are brilliant. A lovely human being. And you always put a smile on our faces.
- We continue with Paul as he runs a tight ship and our audience looks forward to his ad-libbing and entertainment throughout a busy evening that could otherwise be longwinded and boring.
- Not only did you keep the business of the evening moving along as MC, your feature set was fantastic! We have had rave reviews all around. It makes such a difference working with someone so professional and so good at just getting the job done.
- Paul's performance was highly entertaining and exactly what we asked for. Everyone at the function enjoyed the show.
EcoLab Pty Ltd
- Paul Martell was fabulous. I knew he would be. Without a doubt, a true professional.
- Paul entertained the entire audience of all ages.
- Specialised Corporate Hoax
- Stand-Up Comedian
"Consistently professional, courteous, efficient communication."
Subscribe to our newsletter