Penny Burke is an accomplished public speaker who has worked in the field of marketing and advertising for over 20 years, notably on such iconic advertising campaigns as the 'Pro Hart Stainmaster Carpet', 'Uncle Tobys' and 'Milk. Legendary Stuff'. She holds a Bachelor of Business (Marketing), is a full member of the Australian Social and Market Research Society and sits on the Board of Kennards Hire, a privately owned tool hire company.
Penny's marketing experience across a range of sectors, from traditional packaged goods to social marketing, services to retail, has led her to be a true thought leader and an expert in commitment. Penny's keynote addresses have inspired new ways of thinking across many levels of management. Delivered at both public and in-house conferences, Penny's message raises awareness about building greater commitment, which she believes to be the single most critical success aspect for any marketer, whether it be commitment to behave in a particular fashion, commitment from employees to a workplace, or commitment to buy a given product or use a certain service. Creating opportunities for people to commit is the focus of Penny's message.
Penny has recently published her first book on this very topic, titled Forced Focus – the essence of attracting and retaining the best people.
Penny is a dynamic and engaging speaker. Her addresses are entertaining and provocative, and tailor made for each individual client. Whether she's talking about general marketing and consumer trends, generational trends, or employer branding and how to attract and retain a committed base of employees, Penny delivers a message that leaves audiences feeling empowered and inspired.
Client Comments for Penny Burke
Penny Burke travels from Victoria Australia
- Brand passion... this is what Penny brings to any meeting or conference, delivered with great insight and experience. Penny's use of case studies combined with an unbelievable depth of knowledge based on many years experience really sets her apart from anyone I have seen. All delivered with passion and enthusiasm, there should be more Penny Burkes!
Clemenger BBDO Brisbane
- There are some speakers who can engage and entertain, but impart few if any useable insights. There are others who can impress with sheer intellect, but send you to sleep just when things should be getting interesting. Penny Burke is one of those presenters whose grasp of marketing and communications is unsurpassed and better yet has the ability to lead an audience on a journey through detail and nuance that leaves them wanting more. A confident and engaging communicator who can make you laugh and think at the same time.
Herald and Weekly Times
- I have had the pleasure of hearing Penny Burke speak on two occasions. The first time, Penny was part of an Employer Branding panel discussion for an event on Workforce Planning and Development, hosted by the State Services Authority. The panel opened the conference and received high praise (and I'm not just saying that because I organised the panel and its members). As part of the panel, Penny was able to turn the very complex concept of employment branding into an interesting and easily understood idea for the audience. Penny interacted very well with other panel members and was at ease answering questions from the audience. The second time was an Executive meeting at the Department of Human Services. This event was hosted by the Department's Secretary, Fran Thorn and was attended by the department's most senior staff. Penny presented on Employer Branding and had the room captivated with her energy and passion for the subject. Penny was very witty and certainly helped bring the subject to life with her relevant stories and examples.
Workforce Planning & Development SSA
- Penny was the keynote speaker for our local government tourism conference with the emphasis on 'customer service and living up to expectations' and she certainly delivered a great customer experience: charming, funny and very personable, she nonetheless made sure our audience got the point.
Local Government and Shires Associations of NSW
- Penny was the final speaker at our conference and was an appropriate finisher. Penny was engaging and entertaining but also had a clear message about 'personal branding' which went over well with attendees.
Local Government Association of NSW and Shires Association of NSW
"I came into this process quite late and your company was excellent in keeping us informed, anticipating issues and reminding us when we'd overlooked things... and always answerable to our questions. It was exceedingly smooth. It was a pleasure to deal with you."
Subscribe to our newsletter