Peter Buckley has worked with some of Australia's top corporate entities as keynote speaker, MC, voice artist, presentation skills coach, media skills coach and mentor.
He spent 24 years on-air, ending in 2003, including 12 years at Brisbane's B105 during its halcyon number-1 ratings period, where he was Assistant News Director following a stint as News Director at FM104/MMM.
Being in the entertainment industry allowed him to host events from corporate and retail functions through to fashion parades, presentation nights and celebrity auctions. His time in radio gave him the opportunity to interview, talk and associate with actors, athletes, businesspeople, church and community leaders, developers, entertainers, governments, industry leaders, Premiers, paupers, superstars and WW1 Veterans.
Peter hosted the Brisbane Broncos' game-day Boardroom Functions for two seasons at Suncorp Stadium and has been MC or moderator for numerous conferences and events including the International Urban Design, Franchise Council of Australia, Cerebral Palsy League Awards (presidential autocues, televised), BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance, and Vice Regal Functions for St Columban's College and The International Biology Olympiad at University of Queensland.
He is a regular corporate mentor in presentation and media skills with clients including Powerlink, CSIRO, Child Support Agency, Bundaberg Regional Council, Xstrata Mount Isa Mines, Repco, and Elite Athletes like the Queensland Firebirds.
Being 'on camera' comes naturally which means Peter is often called upon as presenter on corporate videos.
And he backs all this up with the ability to deliver a line like it should be, with his voice heard on TV and radio commercials, corporate videos and book narrations. Peter is on program segments on CVC radio, via short-wave throughout Asia and Russia, with a potential audience of a billion people.
Client Comments for Peter Buckley
Peter Buckley travels from AustraliaAustralia
- Thank you for your efforts at the recent Repco National Conference. As both MC and keynote speaker, your professionalism added greatly to the success of our event and the buzz around our 700 strong delegation was due in no small way to your talents. I was particularly impressed by the way you adapt seamlessly between roles and situations, adding humour when needed, and conducting the serious business manner when required. Thanks also for going the extra mile to help out when we needed you to. The 'out-take' video piece was a standout in a weekend of highlights!
- I would like to sincerely thank you again for the fantastic job you did as the Master of Ceremonies and facilitator at our Business Leaders Luncheon. Your breadth of experience was perfectly suited to this event and we were very impressed with your ability to generate a lively and interactive panel discussion. Your professionalism and refreshing approach is greatly appreciated and we have received only positive feedback from the speakers, sponsors and the audience!
Queensland Tourism Industry Council
- Thank you again for everything you have done over the last couple of days. Thank you for being so patient, flexible and still so wonderful at keeping everything running to schedule - while there were many challenges, you managed to take everything in your stride and provide a wonderful experience for everyone - a true professional.
Institute for Learning Practitioners
- Peter, you delivered a sharp, up-front, engaging and instructive presentation to my clients and their fraught management team on presentation and communication skills. It worked and they got it!
- Peter, I really believe your Presentation was beyond excellent, mixing humour with seriousness and plenty of reality. Great message, more people need to hear Peter Buckley. Your family, your business, your life would be better for it. I truly enjoyed it.
David Reid Homes Australasia
Topic SynopsesPresentation Skills: Creating the Voice of a Leader
Even with all the technology available to try to get your message across, the most powerful communication tool remains your ability to speak and present well. If you are struggling to enthuse your staff; if making the sales pitch is awkward or painful; if you present regularly but miss the mark too often; if your leaders of tomorrow need improvement today, Peter Buckley’s presentation will tick all the boxes.
Peter has more than 30 years as a leading broadcaster and speaking and communication mentor. His clients range from students through to elite athletes and executives of multinational corporations. If you want to improve and increase the presentation skills in your organisation's managers, executives and leaders of tomorrow, Peter will deliver real-world solutions to your conference or seminar.
Media Skills: Your Mouth, Your Say, Your Result!
A professional speaker, MC, moderator, voice artist, presentation skills and media skills coach and mentor, Peter Buckley has spent 24 years in radio, 18 of those in news, and is the former News Director for FM104/MMM and the former Assistant News Director for B105FM Brisbane. He has seen, as well as been party to, news scenarios that have produced good, bad and, occasionally, ugly results.
What do you do if you come under the spotlight, or into the media's line of fire? When you want the media on board to help your cause, how do you get them to come knocking? Peter brings solid information, along with plenty of anecdotes, examples and laughs from an exciting industry. When your time comes to pat the media animal will you be one who finishes with teeth marks and wounds, or embraced and massaged into a state of delight?
"Tamie always looks after me well. Thank you."
Club Managers Association of Australia
Subscribe to our newsletter