Rachel Berger is widely acknowledged as one of Australia’s finest stand-up comedians. Her material encompasses contemporary lifestyles, offering a hilarious and poignant expose of human foibles. Her dynamic presence and engagingly sharp observations have made her an extremely popular performer both live and on television, across Australia and overseas.
Rachel believes that laughter is a powerful tool, able to communicate a powerful message. With this in mind she’s been invited to appear at events as diverse as hosting a public forum on Climate Change with world-leading Climate Change expert Stephen Schneider, to writing and performing in Diversity Works, an educational video for the Council for Equal Opportunity in Employment and as a special guest performer at a Positive Living Expo for Women with the overall aim to reduce the harm associated with gambling.
With her unique ability to connect with an audience, Rachel is also a superb corporate speaker and MC. According to Andrea Jones, the Editor of Home Beautiful magazine, “Rachel’s presentation was funny and, especially important, it was relevant. We have been inundated with compliments on the success of these awards and it is true to say that Rachel's performance made us, the client, look good.”
And Sarah Davies, Partnership & Marketing Coordinator, City of Whittlesea had this to say, “I greatly appreciated the amount of effort she put into her research and the relevance of all her topics to the theme of our day, which was celebrating the achievements of women within the local government sector.”
Client Comments for Rachel Berger
Rachel Berger travels from Tasmania Australia
- It is the offbeat observation, the incisive knack of showing up everyday events for the ludicrous pantomimes they really are that separate the women from the girls. In this department Rachel Berger is a real Star...
- I have received no shortage of positive feedback, praising your affability, quick wit and choice of comedic anecdotes which complemented the themes and tone of the day perfectly.
Chairperson, Ethnic Communities' Council of Victoria
- Not only did you have the entire audience howling with laughter on the night, your experience, professionalism and guidance in the lead up to the event were invaluable to the committee. We are hugely appreciative of the amount of time and effort you put in to ensure that the whole night would be a success. We especially loved the way you thoroughly researched our industry before the night, and wove your understanding and insights into the performance. It was a rousing, hilarious and highly relevant kickstart to our conference.
Australian Market and Social Research Society Conference
- Not only did you have the entire audience howling with laughter on the night, your experience, professionalism and guidance in the lead up to the event were invaluable to the committee. We are hugely appreciative of the amount of time and effort you put in to ensure that the whole night would be a success.
We especially loved the way you thoroughly researched our industry before the night, and wove your understanding and insights into the performance. It was a rousing, hilarious and highly relevant kick-start to our conference.
Australian Market and Social Research Society
- Rachel's presentation was funny and, especially important, it was relevant. We have been inundated with compliments on the success of these awards - and it is true to say that Rachel's performance made us, the client, look good.
Home Beautiful Magazine
- Rachel Berger MC'd a large and hectic event - and she was fabulous! The time, energy and commitment Rachel put into the event helped to make it a huge success. To have serious matters spoken with good humour is an excellent achievement. The message really gets through – Rachel Berger was fantastic. Personally, I haven't laughed so much in such a long time. Rachel was a delight to work with and I would recommend her for any kind of MC role.
Dept of Innovation, Industry & Regional Devel.
- Workplaces were really keen to go smoke-free when it meant they won a visit from Rachel Berger. She did a really good job putting across a serious message in a humorous way—everyone was enormously pleased.
The (Vic) Quit Campaign
- Winner of the Gold Award for Comedy and Humour - Rachel Berger. She won on all the judges' cards.
Australian Sporting Industry Awards
- Ms Berger is a very funny and talented comedian who can tailor her act to suit the audience without sacrificing laughs. She won over the senior executives at our inaugural conference dinner with her natural style, sharp and relevant observations, and sheer presence.
Information Technology International
- We were very pleased with Rachel's performance. Given only one hour's preparation with us, she incorporated a great deal of information about the firm and notable characters within it. Absolutely everyone thought she was marvellous.
Price Waterhouse Coopers
- She sized up her audience wonderfully and presented just the right balance of sending up people without offending anyone.
Chant Link & Associates
- Undeniably, Rachel's efforts and warmth served as a major contributory factor to the success of the evening.
Software Consulting Services Australia
- You had the audience captivated. Your material was well researched and well targeted. You had our mostly male audience enchanted by your relaxed delivery and your insightful and hilarious commentary on our industry.
Millennium Turfgrass Conference
- A delight to work with. Co-operative, humorous and got the message across. We really enjoyed working with Rachel.
- Rachel's approach to the performance was totally professional, from the time she started preparing to the final product, which exceeded our best expectations.
Young Presidents Association
- Ms Berger gave a very entertaining and witty performance which engaged the audience and reflected well on the exhibition content. Ms Berger's routine was very appropriate to the occasion and was very professionally delivered – I would recommend Ms Berger as a performer at similar functions and would be very happy to use her services again.
State Library of Victoria
- Rachel Berger is the consummate performer - vibrant, entertaining and totally in tune with her audience. She was definitely the highlight of the evening for us and it would be our pleasure to welcome her back to a future venue.
Australian Hotels Association
- Rachel was really helpful and good. Some comedians just do their standard material, but Rachel researched really well. And even against all the odds, when the ads on which she'd based a lot of material were unexpectedly NOT shown to the audience just before she came on, she had to 'wing it' and did really really well. She didn't even get precious, either, unlike some others…
"Always friendly and great service."
Business Managers in Victorian State Schools
Subscribe to our newsletter