Remo Giuffré was the founder of the iconic REMO General Store, and the co-founder of General Thinking, a Global Thinkers Network based in Sydney Australia. Prior to founding REMO in 1988, Remo worked as a lawyer in Sydney with Baker & McKenzie and then as a consultant to a number of communications businesses located in both Australia and the US. He was the Director of Branding & Strategy at frogdesign in Silicon Valley from 1997, and later the resident Brand Strategist at pioneering online developer Organic in New York. Remo earned combined Commerce and Law degrees from the University of New South Wales, and an MBA with top honours from Columbia University's Graduate School of Business in New York; majoring in marketing, communications management and organisational behaviour. Although not formally trained as a designer, Remo has been dreaming, designing and doodling for much of his life.
The depth of Remo's experience at the retail and branding front lines has given him a finely honed intuition about customers: what they care about, what they don't particularly care about, and how they like to be treated. He puts this experience to work as a consultant strategist and speaker. Over the years Remo has worked with many clients and brands on matters relating to product ideation, brand strategy, community development and the integration of total customer experience.
Remo is also a longtime attendee of the TED conferences in the US, and is the licensee and host for TEDxSydney, the biggest TEDx event in the world. Almost 30 speakers and performers presented for TEDxSydney 2010 before a selected audience of 700 and a simulcast audience of thousands. The very successful day has established the annual TEDxSydney event as a platform for Australian thinking, innovation and creativity, and has also set Sydney up as the venue for Australia's leading ideas conference.
Client Comments for Remo Giuffré
- Thanks for taking the time out of your busy week to visit us. Your talk bled confidence into everyone in the room...there was a kind of buzz at the post-Campfire drinks where everyone was talking about what their 'next move' would be. Many of us are at a junction in our lives, so it was wonderful to have a bit of insight. Thank you.
University of Technology Sydney
- Your presentation was very thought provoking and provided an insight into the different type of thinking about life and success to the thinking most of us go through every day. You took the audience out of the day to day and inspired them with a successful life story. Others have told me that you encouraged them to think about what they are passionate about and how that intersects with what we are doing and want to do. Most importantly, because this is the main goal of the series of talks we have organised from external speakers, you caused the audience to reflect about how they can think outside of the box and innovate. For that, I am truly grateful.
Baker & McKenzie
- Brand is in the Details: Everything Matters
- Culture and Values: Flying the Flag
- General Thinker's Tips for Entrepreneurs
- Instinct: Knowing Without Knowing Why
- Love, Work, Money and Life
- Passion, Vision, Hope and Persistence
- The Anatomy of Cool
- The Community is The Brand
"Super helpful and fast turnaround... very easy to deal with."
Nokia Siemens Network
Subscribe to our newsletter