The Consultant's Consultant, Ric Willmot, assists organizations to improve performance and productivity. His work is sought after internationally in improving business performance, success and profits; especially in the professional services arena. He is the go-to person for CEOs, senior executives, and professional service people practicing in law, accounting, finance, psychological, consulting, recruitment, coaching and alike. He doesn’t waste time on theory and all content is practical and immediately usable.
He is a Member of: Society for Advancement of Consulting in New York, Institute of Management Consultants, a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management, Meetings & Events Association and National Speakers Association. He is also the founder of The Society for Executive Wisdom.
He has attracted clients such as AMP, BHP, Bendigo Bank, Colonial mutual, CPA Australia, Hyatt, Institute of Chartered Accountants, Law Care, New Hope Coal, PwC, Recruitment & Consulting Services Association, Samsung, Toshiba, and over 100 other major corporations internationally.
His speaking typically includes 40 keynotes a year at major conferences, and he has consulted to the Australian Graduate School of Management MBA Alumni. Ric writes for five business magazines, contributes to over a dozen email journals world-wide, is regularly interviewed by ABC-Radio and was recently interviewed by Qantas Radio.
With a professional background in accounting, financial planning and consulting; Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. So much so, that PwC use him to mentor their partners and directors.
Ric speaks on strategy, leadership, change, innovation, and business improvement. He provides provocative and contrarian approaches to building business, setting fees, and strategy. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Client Comments for Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot travels from Queensland Australia
- Ric has delivered a series of seminars for our State Development and Innovation Centre's client base in a powerful and meaningful way, capturing the attention of business owners. He knows his subject so well that in the last session he was able to ask "What business issue or topic do you want me to comment on?" and then proceed to give the audience wise and practical solutions from his own business experience - I'd forgotten how good it was to see a spontaneous speaker without Powerpoint!
State Development & Innovation, Beenleigh
- Ric has been an inspiration to myself and those members of my team at Kafrouni Lawyers that have worked closely with him. His qualities of being "no nonsense" and a "straight shooter" are qualities I desire in business dealings. As a member of my Firm's management committee, he always frequently expressed views on issues concerning all aspects of growing a unique legal practice. Most of the time, he was able to present views that were very innovative in approach - "outside the square". Ric is very passionate about helping people. He is also very respectful of others and their opinions. I look forward to working with Ric on 2 major projects for my Firm before the end of 2004. With his great input and influence, I am sure they will be a great success.
- have heard many speakers over the years, but never at any time have I witnessed a public speaker getting an encore. I know now the rest of the audience appreciated this man's sincere, entertaining and very informative address as much as I did. I took away from this meeting a very important attitude on two subjects. That Resources are "Creativity of Thought" - and - a Diamond is just a piece of coal that has been under enormous pressure for a very long time. Both fantastic and lingering lessons for all of us. Thank you for your highly professional presentation Ric.
- Ric is a very effective presenter who gets his innovative message across. Any cost associated with getting to hear him is easily offset by the improvement in your business.
- Ric travelled to New Zealand and spoke to our team of almost 40 people on two separate occasions. The response we received from all team members was fantastic. Although it is always difficult to measure individual change, we all believe that as a direct result of his visits, our team are more focused, better at planning and keen to succeed. Without doubt, Ric is one of the most impressive speakers we've ever heard. As a result of his successful involvement with our team, we have also engaged him in strategic planning with our shareholder directors. This lasted over a few days, with the exercise and process undertaken having already resulted in some very measurable success. Ric's challenging analysis of what we do and how we do it, what our plans are for the future and how are we going to achieve them, has resulted in some very profound changes in our organisation. Our company has a $30,000,000 premium income - Ric's involvement means that we are no longer happy to sit back and allow growth to just occur. He has helped focus us and provide us with the plan and the tools to grow. We intend to use Ric on an annual basis, both with our team and the directors. As well as being incredibly effective, he is also entertaining and a bloody nice guy.
Law Mooney Williamson, Insurance Brokers
- Ric's presentation "How to Wake up the Leadership Genius Inside You" gave me excellent insights into motivating staff and getting buy-in. I learned a lot about my own leadership style. I would certainly recommend Ric to anyone who is looking to develop their leadership skills.
- Ric spoke at the Business Excellence Business Breakfast that attracts a wide audience of Tweed and Gold Coast corporate leaders and a large number of small and medium businesses. Ric has a relaxed and "audience friendly" style of presentation that makes his informative talk easy to assimilate. He adds stories and day to day experiences to further emphasise his wide managerial experience. Comments from those attending this event were very positive and many eagerly purchased copies of his books and other products. One can tell from my eleven years of listening to speakers both in Australia and overseas that Ric Willmot is a consummate professional. I am so impressed with his quality performance that I have under planning some Workshops that I would be pleased to have Ric as the Keynote Presenter. In summary Ric offers a very professional, non "threatening" type of presentation at a brilliant pace that makes his audience relaxed and able to savour his every word - an excellent speaker and presenter not to be missed if the opportunity arises to be in his audience.
Business Excellence Marketing & Promotions
- Thank you for the inspiration I gained from your talk. You spoke in such a clear, concise and more importantly sincere manner, I did not find my mind wandering at all. My notes confirm that I had more than 1 or 2 "Ahaa!" moments. Your congruency had an impact on me also! I observed your genuine interest, consideration and empathy for others, which made it easy for me to see that you do in fact practice what you preach. You have been the one to spur me on to take action immediately and for that I thank you.
IES for Vision
- I was fortunate to use the services of Ric recently here at New Hope Coal. Ric was an invaluable participant in this project as his objective and persuasive argument challenged the thinking of our managers. I was also fortunate to witness Ric's mastery in quickly developing rapport with each of our managers, which is not something I have seen from many other consultants. In addition, while it was not part of his brief, Ric assisted me on a personal development level to understand how to deal with some difficult situations that I face from time to time. In this regard, I am confident his "words of wisdom" will stand me in good stead in the future.
New Hope Coal Australia
- Thanks for your interesting, well presented presentation. I was particularly impressed with the content which you were able to deliver with 'clarity' and good humour. Being a sportsperson myself, I was able to see the parallels between planning a sporting program and running a business very clearly. Your overall impact 'touched, moved and inspired me' to look at a number of areas in my own business.
Bob Gunn Pest Control
- We appreciate the contribution made by yourself to our advisory staff today. The session was a great success and your talk was interesting and informative. Thank you for your time and effort you put into the session. We look forward to a continued liaison between the Corporation and you.
Small Business Development Corporation
- May I offer my sincere thanks to you for your recent contribution to our start-of-year seminar. It is the unselfish and sharing attitude of people like yourself that make these seminars successful. Once again, thank you.
- Your talk to our 32 Regional Sales Managers at our annual national conference was the most thought provoking, inspirational and motivating session we have experienced in over 11 years! It was a profound learning opportunity where our Sales Managers gained the knowledge to increase the results of their individual sales people and business units. Thank you.
- I wish to offer you my congratulations on your presentation. I found it both professional and educational in its content. During question time you acquitted yourself with poise and appropriate responses, answering those questions you had knowledge in and not offering answers to subject material you had limited knowledge in. This last point is important to note because I have found some speakers try to answer everything and end up getting out of their depth.
Danley Construction Products
- I would like to thank you for your excellent presentation at our Business Breakfast. It was very much enjoyed and appreciated by our members and guests. In your talk you gave us a different slant on how we can challenge ourselves to change in our personal and professional lives. Through the use of personal examples from both your sporting and business careers you enabled us to visualise how your techniques and ideas could be applied to our own situations. The presentation was both interesting and informative. I will be happy to recommend you to others as a speaker.
Gold Coast SWAP
- I found his presentation very heartfelt and warm, allowing his audience to be in his shoes as he took every step. I could relate to what Ric was going through. Ric, I thank you for your inspirational presentation and allowing me on your journey through your experiences. I look forward to hearing more of your presentations in the future.
- Ric was very helpful and provided good pre service and was well received on the day.
- How Invention Innovated Conventional Thinking
- How To Implement Strategy, Because Creating It is the Easy Part
- Stategic Thinking - How To See What the Competition Can't
- The Leadership Myth – Uncover the Truth
- The Secrets of Entrepreneurial Success
- Winning in Business through the Psychology of Sport
- Wisdom of the CEO
"Fantastic information and organisation - thank you. I was most impresed with all aspects of the service!"
Mount View High School
Subscribe to our newsletter