Richard’s career in marketing spans over 25 years, predominantly in multi national agencies and consultancies but he also has experience on the client side. His experience has been gained in the UK, Europe, the USA, Australia and the Asian Pacific Region.
He became involved in direct marketing in the UK in 1975 when he joined a London agency specialising in what was then a fledging discipline. Since that time his career has remained within the discipline and much of his work has been recognised ascutting edge and innovative.
Richard moved to Australia in 1986 as General Manager of the direct marketing division of one of the world’s largest advertising agency groups. He went onto join the Carlson Marketing Group in 1998 where he managed one of the largest client account groups as well as having regional consulting and business development responsibilities. While with CMG he has been involved in one of the global teams developing new concepts and strategies in relationship marketing with particular reference to measurement and analysis. Finding out 'what the data says' is one of his key focuses. He is recognised as a leader in determining the business analysis required and then applying the information gained to create 'marketing advantage'.
He went onto become Regional Strategy and Planning Director for the Asia Pacific Region and is a member of the company’s Global Relationship Marketing Advisory Board.
In 2004 he left CMG to team up with Graham Ford to develop their own Marketing Consultancy. He is also the author of the successful business book 'Leading Through Relationship Marketing'.
Client Comments for Richard Batterley
Richard Batterley travels from New South Wales Australia
- Good public speakers are thin on the ground in this country. Great speakers are even rarer. Richard batterley is someone who falls into the latter camp. Not only is he smart and engaging, he is interesting and engaging. Having worked across a number of business disciplines during his career, Richard is able to bring to life his professional experiences in a way that is both informative as well as enlightening.
He has the unique ability to simplify cpomplex issues and bring them to life in a way that few people can. A quick glance at his first book "Leading Through Relationship Marketing" demonstrates his ability to communicate in a way that is clear, cincise and compelling.. Having been a member of the audience on many occasions when Richard has delivered an address, I can provide no greater personal reference than to say "He's a damn good speaker".
Icon Communications International
- Richard is a strong speaker for a number of reasons; he researches well which allows him to customise matyerial for diverse audinces; he connects well with the audience; he has a strong presence; and, he relates his business experience in a practical fashion
- Are your relationships working for you – both of you?
- Data dash boards providing marketing advantage
- Give the power to your people (employees)
- Leading Through Relationship Marketing
- Using business intelligence, intelligently
- Who’s buying your loyalty today?
"I found the level of service and degree of communication to be excellent."
Subscribe to our newsletter