Richard Morecroft is perhaps best known for his 20 years as the face of ABC television news and the host of many other programmes, from current affairs to business and documentaries. He is now one of the busiest corporate and conference presenters in Australia, in demand as a master of ceremonies, panel and forum facilitator, media skills executive trainer and corporate video presenter. His onstage Parkinson-style celebrity or executive interviews are entertaining and provocative, and as a speaker, his behind-the-scenes stories of TV news - detailed in the popular 20 Years From the Waist Up: Tales of TV News Anchor - range from hilarious to revealing.
One of the best conference hosts in Australia, Richard Morecroft is always meticulously prepared, professional, entertaining, and, by popular consensus, a delight to work with.
In August 2010 Richard returned to the TV studio after eight years as host of SBS' Letters and Numbers with Lily Serna and David Astle, a game show devoted to word puzzles and numerical challenges.
Client Comments for Richard Morecroft
- Richard did a great job on Friday. He was professional, organised, well prepared and so easy to work with. He made my job easy as I knew he had the MC role under control and checked in with me throughout the day. He was also perfect for the financial topic which ran through the day. Your recommendation has once again been perfect.
- Richard's professionalism, care and understanding of our brief and requirements went above and beyond any expectation. Richard's voice of velvet, charisma and charm brought a level of professionalism and showcraft to our event. I simply cannot recommend Richard highly enough and look forward to working with him for many years to come.
Hewlett Packard Australia Pty Ltd
- Richard is just so, so, so professional and so prepared.
- Thanks for your facilitation of our Forum last week. It was excellent. There has been very positive feedback from staff and from a number of the external participants, and one has started a blog! Your thoughtful preparation and sensitive chairing made a huge difference.
- This the fourth year in a row that Richard has acted as MC for our Convention, and delegates continue to praise his contribution to our program. The value that Richard brings to our Convention is immeasurable! Everyone loves Richard!
Abacus - Australian Mutuals
- Richard provided two presentations on the same subject and was thoroughly prepared. He presented exactly the right material at the right level. He had an excellent relaxed style which suited his subject material perfectly.
High as a Keyte Pty Ltd
- Richard is as always the easiest person I have every had the privilege of working with. He is always punctual, does his 'homework', reads briefing notes, asks questions if needed, is courteous, well liked and is like a member of the family - which is why we have used him for years now! This year he was able to correct a script malfunction made by another presenter and the manner he did this in made the major sponsor ask for his business card for future events!
Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia
- Richard was wonderful! Thank you very much.
Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife
- Richard was an entertaining and interesting speaker, and an absolute delight to work with. Very cooperative indeed! We would love to have him back again some time.
National Archives of Australia
- A true professional who made life so much easier for us. I've been waxing lyrical about him to anyone who will listen. The client also thought he was a delight. Warm, approachable, charming, professional and a very proactive MC.
- Richard was the perfect choice for hosting the Design Excellence Awards. His performance was warm, inclusive, authoritative and pretty well flawless.
- Excellent. Richard was well prepared, extremely professional and a pleasure to work with.
Connections Event Management Pty Ltd
- Richard is the consummate presenter. He is meticulous in his preparation; a polished professional, who seems to speak directly to you, with warmth and sincerity, no matter how many others there are in the audience.
Facet Management Pty Ltd
- Richard's tone, speech content and delivery style were very appropriate for the evening. He had obviously researched the topic and his comments were empathetic to the purpose of the evening, the presentation of the awards. The audience reaction was extremely positive and his input certainly added to the event, as did his gracious and willing participation in assisting the Minister in handing out the media awards.
NSW Department of Fair Trading
- 10/10... we have booked Richard twice now and both times he was fantastic.
Janice Parker, Events Management
- Thank you so much for moderating our recent History Workshop. Your contribution to the day was significant, and we appreciated your thoroughness in preparing for the role, as well as your professionalism on the day. The feedback we received has been terrific, and many people have commented on how focused the day was and on the value of having you there as moderator. Thanks once more for your inspiring contribution.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Richard was a fantastic MC. He researched the industry well. He was an excellent facilitator and kept all sessions moving and within the program schedule.
Kara Management, Mortgage Industry Association
- Our event was an amazing success and much can be attributed to Richard's contribution. He controlled the discussion extremely well and his relaxed approach meant our panel members were comfortable to convey key information. Thanks again for such a professional facilitation - 10/10!
Good Health Solutions
- 20 years from the Waist Up (Entertaining After Dinner Speech)
- Conversations with Morecroft
- Master of Ceremonies and Facilitator
- Media Lessons - How to Make a Successful Presentation
- The Power to Persuade - Getting Value from the Media.
"The service was impeccable."
Subscribe to our newsletter