For over 30 years Richard Stubbs has been successfully hosting corporate events.
His unique combination of intelligence, warmth and humour means he is able to add fun to your event.
With a radio career of over 30 years spanning both commercial and ABC (No 1 in any time slot he has worked) and a TV career that including 120 Tonite shows, Richard is able to get the best from an audience or interview.
Richard’s stand-up career began when he was a barman at Melbourne’s Last Laugh and it wasn’t long before he was ‘persuaded’ to try out his routine on stage.
His style of anecdotal comedy, based on real life experience proved an immediate winner. His ability to hold an audience enthralled with his sharp delivery and rapid fire ad-libs earned him a reputation as a top comedian.
Since then Richard has performed in every comedy room imaginable, including Edinburgh, London and Montreal – not to mention Australia!
His long success is also due to his professionalism and abilities as a communicator.
It’s these qualities that enable him to be flexible in his delivery to ensure your particular function is successful.
Richard can MC, provide a stand-alone comedy spot, and interview or conduct Q & A events.
Client Comments for Richard Stubbs
Richard Stubbs travels from Victoria Australia
- Your observant comments on each of the speakers helped to frame the sessions and kept the morning moving at a snappy pace—a result that was appreciated by both the audience and the organisers. Your comments were particularly relevant, showing a good grasp of many areas in education.
- All I can say is thank god we had Richard Stubbs at the Occupational Health and Safety Awards, because he saved the night. In between a power failure that stopped the audio visual presentation for about five minutes and a drunk attendee who decided she didn't like the awards Richard's sense of humour and quick wit helped turn a potential disaster into what ended up being the highlight of the night!
Peter Jones Special Events
- It was a difficult evening to present, with guests ranging from family and close friends to the Just Jeans staff, VIP's and Board Members….Richard wrote the script and worked with us on the format of the evening. Not only is Richard clever and witty but, importantly, as a comedian he understands that fine line of how far to take things with his audience.
The ARC Factory
- As MC for our recent launch of Telstra's Wireplay Computer Games Network Richard, in a nutshell, was fantastic and pivotal in making the launch a huge success. Apart from being a seasoned professional and a pleasure to work with, his humour, attitude and performance on the day really made the launch come to life!
Cohn & Wolfe
- On behalf of tennis australia I would like to thank you for being part of the US Open Grand Slam Lunch. The lunch was a huge success from which we received a great amount of positive feedback. Your humour certainly struck a cord with a diverse and sometimes difficult audience and you are to be congradulated on your pprofessionalism. I have been inundated with positive feedback on your performance, and you can assured that Tennis Australia will be seeking your services again in the future.
- All I can say is thank God we had Richard Stubbs last night at the Occupational Health and Safety Awards, because he saved the night. In between a power failure which stopped the Audio Visual presentation for about 5 minutes (and it seemed like 5 days!) and a drunk attendee who decided she didn't like the awards and had to be thrown out, I suppose it was just another awards night. Richard's sense of humour and quick wit with these accidents helped turn a potential disaster into what ended up being the highlight of the night.
Peter Jones Special Events
- As you are a aware our customers, being Yellow Pages advertisers, represent a true cross section of the business community. They range from our major accounts, which reads like a business 'Who's Who', down to small owner operator and tradespeople. It is therefore quite difficult to find an entertainer with mass appeal who is able to please such a diverse market. Richard, however, was extremely well received at both our functions. He was very funny and entertaining and really helped to ensure our functions were a success. We also found Richard to be very obliging and easy to work with and he was easily able to tailor his comedy to suit our audiences and product. Once again thanks for all your help. We look forward to working with you again.
- Irreverent Stand-Up
"Very pleased to do business with you, again and again... see you again!"
Department of Health
Subscribe to our newsletter