Silver Logie-winning Rob Carlton has been a professional actor since he was 14 years old. A recognised face in Australia in both comedy and drama, his credits span TV, film and theatre. Rob's most recent breakout role was that of Kerry Packer in the Paper Giants franchise, for which he was nominated for an Australian Academy Award on top of winning the Silver Logie. 2013 sees Rob continuing his association with ABC TV across a number of dramas and entertainment programs as well as co-productions with Fremantle Media and WTFN productions.
Rob won Tropfest - the world's largest short film festival - in 2006 with Carmichael & Shane which he wrote, starred in, co-directed and co-produced, in addition to winning best actor.
From 2007 to 2009 Rob's television production company Shadowfax TV produced two series of the award-winning comedy Chandon Pictures, seen on Movie Extra and the ABC. He co-directed the project and also takes creator, writer and acting credits. Chandon Pictures now plays in over 15 territories around the world, including the USA and UK, and was nominated for multiple Logie and AFI awards.
As a writer, Rob won an AWGIE award for Chandon Pictures, and his play A-Framed was first produced by his production company in 1998 to critical and box office success. It has since been produced in Sydney and Melbourne by two different theatre companies.
Where Rob can, he devotes a proportion of his working year to servicing the corporate clients he has built up over a decade in the corporate hosting environment. His business is typified by repeat work from loyal clients in the telco, FMCG, finance, insurance, franchising, retail, wholesale and pharmaceutical spaces. 2012 included hosting the sales kick-offs and conferences for Microsoft, Woolworths, Parmalat, Optus, AFG and CGU. 2013 continues to be just as busy.
Rob supports a number of charities including Dymocks Children's Charities in an Ambassador role, and Redkite. Rob has a strong background in debating and theatresports, developed during his time at the University of Sydney where he studied English and Australian Literature.
Client Comments for Rob Carlton
Rob Carlton travels from New South Wales Australia
- Since 2006, AFG has had the good fortune of engaging Rob Carlton as Master of Ceremonies for both our national client and internal events. Rob consistently impresses both us and our audiences with his no nonsense, polished and punchy delivery. He expertly handles the mechanics of a program to ensure it unfolds on time and has a carefully considered ability to link presentations to provide agenda cohesiveness. We highly recommend Rob to any organisation that is looking for a MC who is smart, informed, humorous and focused on keeping a program on track. His research of both the client and audience is impeccable, and his delivery throughout proceedings seamless.Engaging Rob to act as MC at our events has allowed us to maximise our event investment and I have no hesitation in recommending Rob to any organisation that is looking for the same outcome.
- Rob did an amazing job at hosting our 2012 Microsoft Partner Awards Ceremony. The afternoon flowed beautifully, his reserach prior to the event enabled him to combine wit and humour throughout the proceedings to make the afternoon thoroughly enjoyable. His professional attitude was an integral part of our event planning. He ensured I was happy with the structure and content every step of the way. I would not hesitate to recommend Rob as a Master of Ceremonies.
- Rob is an extremely talented and professional MC. His ability to grasp an organisation's business strategy and desired outcome for event, and then translate that into an entertaining, insightful and meaningful experience, is second to none. I highly recommend Rob for any conference or corporate event.
- Rob was engaged to host our Optus Small and Medium Business annual 'Kick Off' event across three states recently. These events provide the opportunity to celebrate our achievements and share our strategic direction for the year ahead with a diverse audience from across the team.
I was thoroughly impressed with Rob's natural ability to manage his audience with the utmost professionalism, while keeping the event real and interactive, continuously tailoring for each location. He is more than just a host; he added true value throughout the process, from the thorough preparation leading up to the event right through to the event itself. From the moment we met and briefed Rob to his delivery on the day, he was the consummate professional and completely committed to us as a customer. He was meticulously prepared, and had obviously gone to great lengths to be well informed, understand our business, organisation and target audiences.
During rehearsals, he provided valuable input that helped focus our messaging. During the event, he kept speakers on track and the audience engaged, while remaining on message and consistent with our script. He skillfully managed curve balls and impromptu changes with ease and dealt with business issues capably as they arose.
Throughout, he also displayed a great sense of humour. Rob truly deliver 'over and above the call of duty.' Feedback from our participants has been fantastic; in fact a campaign to bring back Rob next year is well underway!
- We have used Rob concurrently for three national conferences and each time he has added value and diversity. Rob puts a great deal of effort into understanding our business in the lead up to the events so that everything on stage is not only enjoyable but relevant to the business imperatives at play. Rob has a unique ability to take a brief and write a script that is humorous and engages the audience. Rob will add value to any conference and I highly recommend his services as MC.
- Rob, I would like to congratulate and thank you for undertaking the MC's role [at the launch of the National Scholarships Foundation]. You hit the perfect pitch with the audience and provided a great blend of insight and enjoyment, while keeping the whole program nicely on track. Thank you for your generosity in support of the scholarships.
TAFE Directors Australia
- Working closely with Rob has been a great experience, his level of passion and engagement is infectious and his presence leaves a lasting impression on all those he has addressed within our organisation. During my initial contact with Rob I was truly impressed by Rob's commitment to learn and study the subject matter that was quite unfamiliar and not within normal scope of expectations. Rob's dedication to understanding both subject and audience went beyond expectation adding tremendous value to the presentations he delivered. The collaborative approach Rob took to building his presentation ensured an authentic delivery balanced with fact and humour maintaining the utmost integrity of the content. Having Rob involved in our National Conference created an innovative dimension to the dialogue we have with our colleagues.
"Very good service and follow up."
Rotary Club of Beaumaris
Subscribe to our newsletter