Rob is a coastal geomorphologist by training; he taught Environmental Science and Physical Geography at Melbourne State College and Melbourne University, then for twenty-eight years he has presented television weather. In his professional life he works as an environmental and communications consultant and is Executive Chairman of Access Environmental Pty Ltd. and a Principal of Blue Marble Media. He is also a company director, and a published author and a photographer.
He is the President of Greening Australia Victoria and national Vice-President, Chairman of the Mornington Peninsula and Westernport Biosphere Reserve Foundation Ltd. and a member of the Victorian Coastal Council. Rob is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and an Inaugural Fellow of the Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand. He is the savewater® ambassador and was Environment Ambassador to the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games.
Rob has been a local government councillor and was a councillor of the ACF. He is also the Patron of the Geography Teachers Association of Victoria, Wildlife Victoria, Life Education Victoria, a Mentor of the Environmental Jobs Network and has been made a Life Ambassador for Australia Day.
Rob Gell is a uniquely qualified individual who has the respect of government, business, environmental groups and the community for his approach to sustainable development. Importantly he is also an excellent communicator who can get the message across.
Client Comments for Rob Gell
Rob Gell travels from Victoria Australia
- All feedback was positive regarding Rob Gell's presentation. Delegates really liked his presentation and wanted more!
Australasian Cemeteries and Crematoria Association
- Thank you for your informative presentation on Sustainability
Catholic Education Office
- Rob was excellent. An great speker who really knows his topic and a good entertainer when presenting. We were very pleased with htis professionalism and interaction with attendees during morning break.
Australian Corporate Lawyers Association
- Business As Usual or Sustainable Business?
- Climate Shift - The Science, Current Impacts and Options For the Future
- Designing Towards Zero Carbon Environments
- Environmental Management for Schools
- Natural Capital, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Science, Communications and the Media
- Sustainable 2050
- Sustainable Futures
- Water Sustainability for Industry
- Water, Energy & Waste: The Keys to Sustainable Development
- Water: Issues & Opportunities
- Weather Report: 2050
- Weather, Natural Disasters and Greenhouse Theory
"Samantha is extremely helpful and obliging."
Australian Hotels Association (SA)
Subscribe to our newsletter