Exclusive to Saxton in Australia
Whether it's laugh-out-loud humour, inspiration or thought-provoking anecdotes and perspective, Rob Hamill's presentations have it all.
'An extraordinary mental and physical effort - something very, very special' is how Sir Peter Blake described Rob Hamill and the late Phil Stubbs' incredible achievement in winning the inaugural Atlantic Rowing Race.
Marathon rowing champion Rob Hamill has been an International rowing representative for 19 years. His numerous rowing achievements include a silver at the World Championships, Commonwealth gold and a world record on the indoor rowing machine.
Rob rowed at the Atlanta Olympics and published The Naked Rower, a fascinating account of how he and Phil Stubbs captured headlines around the world by winning the grueling and inaugural Atlantic Rowing Race in 41 days. He then led teams to successful defenses in the next two editions for a three-peat of victories.
Rob's latest project was a rowing expedition across the Tasman Sea that was completed January 2012 and a related campaign to seed the world's largest human made coral reef. Next on the list is the first ever rowing race across the Pacific!
Ambitious goal-setting, teamwork and overcoming adversity in multiple Atlantic Rowing Race campaigns is the spine of Rob's presentations, accompanied by the challenge of following his brother Kerry's journey into Cambodia's Khmer Rouge genocide, the subject of the acclaimed and award-winning documentary Brother Number One. Rob's account is a powerful and inspiring message on tenacity, hope, love and the last human freedom: the power to choose your attitude and how you respond to any given situation.
The humour, the insights and the emotional turning points have audiences spellbound.
Rob will inspire you to pursue your dreams, whatever they may be, to take on new challenges, overcome hardship against the odds, and know that with passion, anything is possible. He proves that it doesn't hurt to be just a little bit crazy too!
Rob's life is about following the dream, decision making, commitment, team building, goal setting, planning, focus, determination, positive thinking and, of course, winning!
Client Comments for Rob Hamill
Rob Hamill travels from New Zealand
- Rob has a remarkable story, told in a clever and compelling way. He is able to engage deeply with his audience; he made us laugh, cry and most importantly think deeply, as leaders, about our role in the world. One of the best!
- Hearing your story was more inspirational than all the traditional 'motivational' type trainers put together.
- One regular conference goer said I could organise another 50 conferences and not see a presentation as good as Rob's.
- Rob did a fantastic presentation which was thoroughly enjoyed by all our guests at our club sponsors function. We have had great feed-back from people saying they enjoyed the night immensely and is one of the greatest guest speakers we have had to date. A privilege to hear Rob's story!
Hastings Rugby & Sports Club
- You made a significant contribution to the success of the Pioneer Industry Get Togethers. Overall, you scored and impressive 8.60 out of 9.00 (96%) in the evaluation questionnaire. This puts you at the top of the 10,000 presenters who have spoken at our events in the past! Well done.
- Rob surpassed our expectations - engaging with our team through a combined lively style, and a content that enthralled. We recently conducted a post-conference survey, with Rob's presentation being identified as a conference highlight.
Yellow Pages Group
- Words cannot describe the effect you and your stories had on the group. Suffice to say the background of the Atlantic Challenges were inspirational and damned exciting. We pride ourselves in that pioneering and winning. However, your focus on the world order opened more than a few eyes... and Cambodia and your brother, utterly saddening and awe-inspiring at the same time. You made a huge difference, and I know you will again with our group in times to come.
First National Realestate
- Once again I really appreciate the professional, hilarious and poignant way you spoke.
- Your presentation engaged our group from the very start, and your personal comments, coupled with your well constructed audiovisual presentation, enthused and motivated my team - even to the extent that I overheard a number working out how they might put together a team for the inaugural Trans Tasman race! Your message around the challenges you have faced (exceptional ones which you made sound normal!) especially with the Trans Atlantic Rowing Race inspired us all in a way that we could relate those efforts to changes to make in our own work (and personal) lives to become more effective in achieving goals.
Building and Construction Industry Training Organisation
- Our management team were impressed with your story, and your presentation was much appreciated. I enjoyed the way you spoke both of your adventure and also life lessons, perspectives and values. Many thanks for your time and inspiring message.
Louis Vuitton NZ
- I loved your presentation. It was from the heart and I really relate to that. It's a bit like watching a movie that is a based on a true story as compared to a Hollywood fake, the true story always gives me much more viewing pleasure.
First National Realestate
- Rob spoke for AstraZeneca at our sales and marketing conference in March 2009. He was an excellent speaker - entertaining, yet also able to get across some powerful messages. The team was quoting him for several days afterwards! Rob's strengths were not only his presentation, but also his engagement and willingness to speak with the team both before and after his presentation. We would highly recommend Rob and wouldn't hesitate to use him again.
- Rob was extremely motivational, interesting and inspirational... it was a fun presentation, lots of laughs and some good stories.
- Thanks Rob. Your address last night captivated our audience and I particularly liked the way you wove personal aspects, values, philosophy and humour into your riveting story.
- The content of Rob's experiences are remarkable and were presented in a light and often very humorous style. The speech will be enjoyed by the vast majority of audiences... he went out of his way to talk to many of the guests about his life and experiences, which was appreciated and well beyond the brief. I could recommend him highly as a great after dinner speaker.
- Thanks again for you excellent presentation at our conference. The feedback has all been very positive in terms of your passion, the humour, the presentation slides, and the life messages. An excellent package which we thoroughly enjoyed.
- As you are aware we had a most successful and enjoyable conference with over 650 in attendance. Many people have commented that Rob Hamill's presentation was the highlight of the Conference. I must say that his ability to thread the sponsor's name and services throughout his address, and in such a subtle way, was indeed very clever and professionally managed.
- It is always difficult to find an appropriate speaker when we had an audience of such highly successful and motivated people but we found an impressive speaker this year at the breakfast in you Rob. You really captured the imagination and attention of those people and left them feeling inspired and humbled by your amazing achievements. All through the weeks competition race managers, officials, skippers, everyone that attended the breakfast, were buzzing about your presentation and talking about the attributes and skills that you must have had to achieve such a feat. You truly added value to this event and helped in making it the success that was achieved.
- Rob fitted the bill superbly - his story was fantastic enough in itself, as well as being highly motivational, very moving and a real eye-opener. He has the rare ability to be able to relate his personal insights to issues facing people in business today. He used his story to emphasise the importance of teamwork, planning and communication. He is without doubt one of the most outstanding speakers I have had the privilege of hearing - this is not praise given lightly. I have co-hosted Telecom's last three sales conferences and Rob is the only speaker that I can recall receiving a standing ovation from our sales force. This is a real testament to Rob as we have also had some highly rated international speakers at our conferences.
Telecom New Zealand Limited
- Your easy listening and humorous style provided us with great insight into the planning, preparation and successful execution of a truly ambitious goal. There is always a close correlation between successfully competing in a top-level sport and managing a successful business. The focus and commitment you guys showed in making the journey across the Atlantic applies equally to any business. Rob, thanks for a most enjoyable and informative presentation. I don't think you're going to get any takers from our crew for the next race. We will just settle for another presentation when you've completed it.
Lumley Life, Australia
- Rob, being a 'closing speaker' places special demands on a speaker, for theirs is the speech that cements the 'feel good' factor as everyone leaves for home. You did us proud! Your story was fascinating - a story of believing in yourself, of motivation and commitment, of thorough planning and preparation, the actual doing and finally of the accolades of success (unfortunately without the monetary rewards). Such a story speaks to us at different levels - astonishment that two individuals could achieve what you and Phil did and the courage to believe that if that is possible, so too, must be the goals we set ourselves in our businesses. You certainly 'showed' us along with the rest of the world that challenges bigger than we could believe in, are achievable.
Professional Advisers Association Inc
- Anchoring to the Goal
- Challenges Don't Develop Character, They Reveal It
- Keep Going: If you can't walk, crawl!
- Make Dreams Memories
- The Power to Choose Your Attitude
- With Passion, Anything is Possible
"Nina and Tamie were very easy to deal with - no issues!"
Blue Sky Event Management
Subscribe to our newsletter