After a successful international career in VIP protection, Rob Redenbach transferred the strategies of personal security and tactical communication to the business arena.
Drawing from experiences that include working with the bodyguard team of Nelson Mandela in South Africa and providing risk management services in the Middle East, Rob provides compelling insights into leadership, adaptability and how to reduce conflict and improve cooperation.
A Nationally Accredited Mediator, Rob has studied post-graduate law at Bond University's Dispute Resolution Centre and has a Master of Arts with Distinction in Terrorism, Safety and Security from Charles Sturt University. He has also completed Executive Education at Harvard Kennedy School of Government in the United States.
Rob's autobiography Waveman: From Backstreets to Baghdad and Beyond was hailed as a 'tour de force' by Peter FitzSimons, with The Westerner praising its 'philosophical depth... that goes well past the action and adventure' and calling it 'a great, inspiring and motivating read', and The Courier-Mail remarking on the 'over-riding charm... that despite dangerous locations and his obvious skills, the author is self-effacing as he teases out the fibre of human integrity.'
Corporate executives, special forces officers, project managers, professional educators and small business owners are just some of Rob's clients who have benefited from his leadership and communication strategies.
Client Comments for Rob Redenbach
Rob Redenbach travels from Queensland Australia
- Rob delivered a perfect opening keynote and provided a 'talking point' for delegates for the duration of the Congress. Everyone 'raved' about his presentation and it certainly kicked the Congress off on the right tone - delegates were totally motivated and touched. We received nothing but 'excellents' on our own internal survey forms.
National Institute of Accountants
- Not only did the audience enjoy Rob Redenbach's presentation, there was great take-home value as well. His 'standing ovation' was testament to this, particularly as our delegates can be very hard to please
The Executive Connection
- Rob Redenbach's presentation was the topic of conversation for weeks... very enjoyable and worthwhile.
Australian Financial Risk Management
- Rob provided us with a completely different view on ways to manage communication and conflict. Great stories and examples, really enjoyed it!
The Oracle Corporation
- We have received amazing feedback with many saying, 'it was the high-light of the conference'. We look forward to using Rob again
- The whole team thoroughly enjoyed Rob Redenbach's session and it certainly invigorated us for the rest of the afternoon. We all loved the presentation and style and thought it to be absolutely fantastic. It was very relevant to everybody who took away different messages/experiences from the talk.
Shell Mining & Construction (Oceania)
- When Rob started his presentation there was a look of bewilderment, intrigue and curiosity on the faces of our audience. However, with his incredible experiences, obvious tenacity and hard-earned wisdom he won our delegates over completely
- Finally, a really unique speaker with a fresh and truly amazing story to tel
Jack Morton Worldwide
- Rob delivers an important message that applies to all of us in everyday life . . . entertaining and thought-provoking. Feedback from delegates has been great
- Before his presentation I had doubts about the suitability of Rob Redenbach's background to our conference audience, however, it was an absolute pleasure to hear him speak, an absolute pleasure! The passion, commitment and real life experiences he outlined can be directly incorporated into our business to make a DIFFERENCE!
Pioneer Construction Materials Pty Ltd
- Rob's presentation is as dynamic and impactful as his punch. He delivers the key messages succinctly and caters well to an audience of international participants. Truly a masterful performance!
- An excellent keynote . . . Really held everyone's interest. Great mix of practical techniques and good humour.
- Rob Redenbach's presentations were highly original and extremely professional . . . he far exceeded expectations.
LM Investments Pty Ltd
- Initially we had reservations about Rob Redenbach's background being relevant to our corporate audience, but not only did he provide relevance, his presentation ran the gamut from laughter to tears and culminated in a thunderous standing ovation! He presented his own experiences of managing conflict at a life-or-death level and shared with our audience a number of perspectives for dealing with problems at any level.
The Kenwood Group
- Really enjoyed Rob's session . . . very enlightening and will help in future decision-making. It provided a 'value added' component not offered by other fund managers.
- In this ‘golden age' of circuit speakers and consultants, finding one who earns his/her money can be a lottery. Robert Redenbach represents one of the winning tickets . . . his ability to connect with and hold an audience is outstanding.
Dept. of Land & Water Conservation
- Delegates were unanimous in their praise of Rob Redenbach's presentation and were still talking about the session two days later. What really appealed to me was that everything made sense - it was never academic or theoretical
VIC Parks Association
- Our elite group expect the best and they were not disappointed with Rob Redenbach. The issues and methods he explained proved so relevant to the business challenges we currently face . . . the timing could not have been better.
Apogee Financial Planning
- Rob Redenbach's presentations were very well received by all . . . the testament of this was seen in the quality and quantity of questions asked during the Q & A period at the end of his keynote address
- Rob Redenbach has an aura of hard-earned wisdom about him
- Those of us who were lucky enough to listen to Rob Redenbach speak were so impressed with his message that we would like to book him to speak to a forum of our branch managers.
- Rob gives a compelling account of what can be achieved if we set goals and focus on outcomes
- I thought your presentation was the highlight of our conference. What I found most engaging was the ability to put the theory across with real life stories. The audience were held captivated the entire presentation and left with some key messages & stories that were very memorable.
Also extremely impressed by your professionalism and willingness to get involved with the group before and after your presentation. This was most appreciated. Feedback has been tremendous, Rated 10 out of 10, great presentation and happy to recommend to anyone.
Head of Franchise Wholesale Channel Management
- We just completed the YPO-WPO Global Leadership Summit, in which Rob was a speaker. On an agenda filled with the 'best of the best' from around the world, Rob provided a unique and compelling session, and left the audience wanting more. I would highly recommend Rob as a speaker for any senior level audience, and would work with him again whenever given a chance. In addition to effective, he's a great guy, friendly and easy to work with.
The Learning Studio, Inc.
Topic SynopsesRob Redenbach's primary keynote presentations are Seven Leverage Tools and Power of Initiative. While the content of the two presentations is different, both incorporate a healthy mix of humour, memorable stories and practical knowledge. Additionally, Rob can tailor his material to suit a particular training objective or conference theme.
Seven Leverage Tools
Seven Leverage Tools approaches communication and leadership from the perspective that working with, rather than against, human nature leads to a better outcome for everyone involved.
Available in 60 and 90 minute formats, it combines academic rigour with emotional intelligence and streetwise leadership to deliver seven surefire techniques anyone can instantly apply to reduce conflict, improve cooperation and lead effectively.
If you are serious about improving your ability to influence the attitude and behaviour of people around you, Seven Leverage Tools will give you a significant advantage in any situation that involves leadership, teamwork and communication.
Power of Initiative
Rob Redenbach's Power of Initiative brings to life the core message of his autobiography Waveman, described by Peter FitzSimons as a 'tour de force'.
With a unique blend of self-deprecating wit and hard-won wisdom, Rob recounts his extraordinary journey from managing a security company in Papua New Guinea to teaching his own system of self defence to the bodyguards of South Africa's first democratically elected president, Nelson Mandela.
A story within a story, Power of Initiative will surprise and delight as it demonstrates the universal value of a proactive approach to personal and professional development.
"The back up from you company was very good especially when we needed to discuss the topics of the presentation with Alastair."
Signet Pty Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter