Robert B. Tucker is president of The Innovation Resource (TIR), and an internationally recognised leader in the field of innovation. Formerly an adjunct professor at the University of California, Los Angeles, Tucker has been a consultant and keynote speaker since 1986.
His pioneering research in interviewing over 50 leading innovators was published in the book Winning the Innovation Game in 1986. Since then, he has continued to publish widely on the subject, including his international bestseller Managing the Future: 10 Driving Forces of Change for the New Century, which has been translated into 13 languages. In Driving Growth Through Innovation he identified the emerging best practices of 23 innovation vanguard companies. And in his latest work, Innovation Is Everybody's Business, Tucker interviewed 43 innovation-adept individuals from multiple industries and all levels of organisations, and teaches the personal skills necessary to become an innovator in this hyper-competitive world.
As one of the thought leaders in the growing Innovation Movement, Tucker is a frequent contributor to publications such as the Journal of Business Strategy, Strategy & Leadership, and Harvard Management Update. He has appeared on PBS, CBS News, and was a featured guest on the CNBC series The Business of Innovation.
The Innovation Resource, based in Santa Barbara, California, is a consulting firm devoted exclusively to assisting companies seeking to improve top and bottom line performance via systematic innovation.
Tucker is a much sought after keynote speaker at conventions, company management meetings, and industry conferences. Clients include over 200 of the Fortune 500 companies as well as clients in Europe, the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Australia.
Client Comments for Robert B. Tucker
Robert B. Tucker travels from United States
- Your keynote helped set the stage for our symposium by addressing the theme with wisdom, energy, humor and countless examples that we could all relate to.
Amgen, Inc. Biotechnology
- Tucker has stripped away the myth that innovation is the responsibility of a select few. All of us are capable of innovating every single day if we simply adopt the innovator's mindset.
LG Mobile Communications USA
Topic SynopsesDriving Growth Through Innovation
This dynamic, example-filled presentation, will give you an overview of the important findings reported in Robert B. Tucker's book Driving Growth Through Innovation. Tucker will take you and your colleagues on a guided tour inside 23 Innovation Vanguard companies. You'll discover cutting edge methods for building innovation into a powerful source of growth, profits, and competitive advantage. You'll learn unconventional approaches for turning innovation into a systematic, embedded process, and be motivated to take action in your firm.
This presentation is perfect as a keynote for annual conventions, or as a stimulating kickoff for your company's upcoming management meeting. As a result of attending this session, you will:
• Know how to capitalise on innovation to rev up growth.
• Know how to map out and implement a superior approach to inventing the future - one that will enable you and your firm to exploit new markets, win new customers, and grow revenue from new sources.
• Be energised and inspired by real world examples of companies that revved up growth in moribund markets
• Know how to motivate your people with proven, powerful methods that spark 'out of the box' thinking
• Be able to create a company-wide system to ensure that good ideas don't get lost – or show up in the hands of competitors!
Formats: Can be delivered as a 1 hour keynote, 90 minute general session, half day session or in-depth day-long workshop. Each program is customised to the specific client.
Innovation is Everybody's Business
In this dynamic, interactive presentation, veteran keynoter Robert B. Tucker reveals how the seven essential I-Skills needed to think ahead of the curve, delight and challenge customers and colleagues, slash costs, and achieve unconventional results.
Based on interviews with 43 innovation-adept managers and contributors, Innovation is Everybody's Business guides you and your team in:
• Mastering the 7 essential I-Skills needed to become indispensable;
• Unleashing the 'mindset, skill-set, and toolset of the innovator' that enable you to anticipate and rise to the challenges your organisation faces in a hyper-competitive era;
• Building tools for work-life balance and creating your own job satisfaction;
Formats: Can be delivered as a 1 hour keynote, 90 minute general session, or interactive half- or full-day session. Each program is customised to the specific client.
What recent attendees have taken away from this seminar:
• 'Look at things from all perspectives.'
• 'Do not judge others' ideas as poor even if they are different from your own.'
• 'Simple ideas can make a radical difference.'
• 'Don't be afraid to innovate.'
• 'Everyone can participate in innovation.'
• 'Don't be afraid to speak up and make suggestions.'
• 'Expand your view of what can be considered innovation.'
• 'Volunteer to take on more responsibility.'
When was the last time you focused on upgrading your ability to conceive and introduce new product, service, process and strategy ideas? Could it be that you are using yesterday's methods to manage today's complex marketplace challenges?
"Tamie and Nina always look after me very well. Good customer service is hard to find these days."
Club Managers Association of Australia
Subscribe to our newsletter