Back in the late 1980s Robyn Pearce, as a solo mother of six and burnt out real estate agent, learnt her time management skills the hard way! Once she'd conquered her own bad habits, people started beating a path to her door for help. Since 1992, as a speaker she has been delighting audiences all around Australia, New Zealand, Asia and further afield with titles such as How to Work Smart, Not Hard, Getting a Grip on Time, Getting a Grip on Work/Life Balance, You Too Can Win the Paper War and From Gumboots to the Boardroom (her journey from country girl on a solo parent benefit to successful author and international speaker).
She's also a prolific and successful author, becoming known as the Getting a Grip author. Best-seller Getting a Grip on Time (constantly reprinted since 1996) has now been joined by About Time - 120 Tips for Those with No Time, Getting a Grip on Life - Goals Toolkit, the eagerly awaited Getting a Grip on the Paper War - Managing Information in the Modern Office, Getting a Grip on Leadership (co-written with American leadership specialist LaVonn Steiner and the most recent About Time For Teaching – 120 time-saving tips for teachers and those who support them. Many other titles are in the pipeline.
Robyn's practical and common sense approach to time usage and associated subjects such as work/family balance, delegation, email management, paper and information overload has helped hundreds of thousands of people in many industries and organisations. The focus is on improved effectiveness, both for individuals and workgroups. This, of course, has an immediate impact on the bottom line.
Clients today demand practical content their people can immediately apply. Robyn fits this brief perfectly. Audiences constantly say, 'That was the most practical session on the agenda - I could have listened to you for hours. What's more, I've put some things into practice and they really work!'
Robyn Pearce builds rapport with audiences very quickly, and specialises in interaction - within minutes they feel as though she really understands their problems. She's one of less than 500 speakers worldwide to hold the highest professional speaking accreditation - Certified Speaking Professional - and the first in New Zealand.
Client Comments for Robyn Pearce
Robyn Pearce travels from New Zealand
- Many practical hints which helped me reorganise my office, to operate efficiently
Baldwin Shelston Waters (patent attorneys)
- Thanks for your wonderful presentation. I've had a lot of positive feedback from our staff, and they can be a tough audience. They're 'screaming for more'!
- A wonderful surprise to learn how much I had improved since the first programme with you nine months ago. Even so, this time I learnt a whole new layer of further useful timesaving techniques and distinctions. In talking with the reps we all agree that we are already achieving heaps through uncovering pitfalls and recognising opportunities for improvement
- Robyn gave much more than the professional information imparted in this kind of session. She engaged directly with each of the participants' major concerns and provided helpful advice that was also relevant to the needs of the whole group. ... I recommend her unreservedly to other organisations.
Heritage Council NSW
- Your time management seminars are one of the best things we've ever done. Weeks later staff are still discussing the sessions and how their organisational skills have improved. Not only has it lifted productivity, but also boosted morale.
- Thank you for your interesting and indeed challenging speech. I could see all the people who've been buried under mountains of paper looking hopeful! You were succinctly able to get your point across in a humorous way... one of the secrets of learning
- Your session 'How to stretch time' really helped to make the day, and I have received nothing but rave comments
National Speakers of Australia Convention 2000
- From Gumboots to the Boardroom
- Getting a Grip on Time
- Tap Dancing with Time Wasters
- ‘You Too Can Win the Paper War’
"Very good service and follow up."
Rotary Club of Beaumaris
Subscribe to our newsletter