Rod McGeoch has had and continues to enjoy a remarkable career at the forefront of business, sports administration and the legal profession.
He unites exemplary senior level management experience with an unparalleled commitment to achievement.
Perhaps best known as the leader of Sydney's successful Olympics 2000 bid, he is Chairman or Director of a wide range of major corporations and past Chairman of Corrs Chambers Westgarth, one of Australia's largest law firms.
Rod McGeoch was described in an ABN AMRO report as one of Australasia's most influential Directors; his appointments included Chairman of Vantage Private Equity Group Limited and BGP Investments/Holdings plc. He is also a Director of Ramsay Health Care Limited and a member of the Board of Destination NSW and Sky City Entertainment Group Limited.
He is Co-Chairman of the Australia New Zealand Leadership Forum, a past President of the Law Society of NSW and a Member of the Order of Australia, awarded in recognition of his invaluable services to the legal profession.
Rod McGeoch is an accomplished media presenter, whose career highlights include winning (with Margaret Throsby) the Golden Gavel Award for excellence in legal reporting. Rod was also the official media spokesman for the Law Society of New South Wales and comments frequently on television, radio and in newspapers on all aspects of the law, the legal profession, the Olympic Games, transport issues and issues to do with the development or otherwise of Sydney. Rod has published two best-selling books: McGeoch and The Bid. In 2013 he was made an Officer of the Order of Australia (AO) for distinguished service to the community through contributions to a range of organisations and to sport, particularly through leadership in securing the Sydney Olympic Games.
Rod McGeoch is an outstanding and inspirational speaker on a variety of subject areas including business development, marketing, the law and the Olympic Games. He delivers compelling insights into corporate strategies, leadership and team motivation.
Client Comments for Rod McGeoch
Rod McGeoch travels from New South Wales Australia
- Rod McGeoch was extremely entertaining as well as very informative particularly from our World Cup perspective!
NZ Meeting Newz
- Just wanted to let you know how amazing Rod McGeoch was yesterday... we were so inspired by his presentation.
- An outstanding speaker, Rod captivated the room with his presence (he's a tall man) and he wove his experiences... be it the olympics, businesses or personal, into the theme of the conference. He is worth every cent.
- Rod McGeoch was simply brilliant, the feedback from the team was that the content was insightful, useful and they all felt they got a lot out of it and the 25 Tips.
- A quick note of appreciation for your contribution to HP's Technology@Work 2009 events in Sydney and Melbourne. We have been delighted by the quality of attendees and positive feedback. Your presentations were a highlight in both content and delivery... and have generated much discussion. The preparation and effort you put into a quality outcome was very evident. So yes, you certainly added value! Thanks again.
Hewlett-Packard South Pacific
- Rod was simply excellent. We had a cross section of middle to senior managers in the audience and his ability to unite the group with an amazing array of anecdotes, stories, facts and motivation was wonderful. Rod gave an insight into public companies, private companies, bureaucracies and high achievers and translated this so the audience could get the many messages he was conveying. Our staff came away commenting how relevant to our industry and needs that Rod was and the fact he came to the office beforehand to prepare left people very impressed. He listened to my needs prior and delivered in spades. Fantastic, thanks.
- Rod was great and people were still talking about him on the coach trip to the airport that day so I can honestly say he "made an impression". He certainly is a well read man and comes across extremely well.
- Great content. Great presentation skills. Held the audience all the way through the presentation. Most importantly Rod spent the time to discuss the topic/angle with me prior to the brochure being prepared. This ensured that the brochure outline would provide an accurate representation of what would be presented and importantly indicated that the speaker was clearly thinking about the specific theme of the day and how it could be approached in a fresh/innovative way.
- Rod did an exceptional job. The audience feedback was very positive. He followed the brief, presented with real passion and enthusiasm, and was the perfect close to our entire conference. We genuinely appreciated Rod's contribution. Thank you.
Liquor Marketing Group
- Rod McGeoch was simply a sensational business keynote speaker at our Conference. He delivered a high energy, though provoking presentation that provided plenty of take-away business ideas to immediately implement into any company to drive productivity and profit. Majority of the feedback forms collated include quotes of 'best speaker ever' with requests to bring him back as a hands-on, practical workshop facilitator to further learn from his experiences and vast knowledge of business activities. He scored an average of 4.5/5 from over 500 delegates! That surely speaks for itself. The money spent was extremely worthwhile.
- I do want to thank you most sincerely for establishing the most fantastic platform for the conference. I have received overwhelming comment from the delegates about how good our international speaker was; "The best speaker I have ever heard", "Simple messages powerfully told through sharing of personal experiences", "Very impressive speaker, highly relevant to our own issues and no fancy technology in sight". You certainly provided a context for the sessions on the following 2 days and many times delegates referred back to the messages you conveyed in your presentation as the basis for what they believed we should be doing.
It is often very easy to listen to speakers convey great ideas and it all sounds so simple, and most times it is. The hard part is being sufficiently motivated to actually do it and it is this element that I have emphasized in the sessions following yours. Every year we encourage delegates to take away just a few ideas from conference and put them into practice. I am hopeful that your presentation, its good ideas and follow through by us will enable the implementation of some of those ideas throughout the group.
Bayleys Real Estate
- Thank you for your valuable contribution to the AIG bancassurance BDM conference. The positive feedback on your session is overwhelming... well done and thank you!
- Very inspiring and great insight. Exceeded expectations.
American International Group
- Rod is always the most professional of speakers to deal with. He also tailors his speeches to the audience and never fails to impress. He is certainly one of Australia's heroes.
Facet Management Pty Ltd
- Rod McGeoch delivered a very powerful message that addresses the fundamentals of what we as individuals are about in business and how to succeed. To be able to capture that 'spirit' in people and channel it towards a common goal in the work place was done with genuine passion and a true belief that all things are possible.
- We think the meeting was extremely successful, due in no small part to Rod's participation. The talk on the Olympic 2000 bid really hit the spot, not only for its strategy, marketing and team involvement, but more so because it oozed sincerity and national pride.
- A truly inspirational presentation, the best we have ever seen at any convention!
- The feedback regarding your presentation indicated it was an outstanding success and a wonderful grand finale to a very successful conference.
Australian Tourist Commission
- Your address was targeted absolutely to perfection for our team. It was unforgettable and inspiring and the message you conveyed. Thanks and thanks again!
The Salmat Group
- Once again, Rod proved himself as an excellent motivational speaker who can inspire virtually any crowd. Many of our senior executives loved his clever and honest approach.
American Express International Inc.
- You may be interested to know that your overall evaluation made you the number one presenter and quantitatively exceeded everyone's expectations.
Arthur Andersen & Co.
- The accolades we received regarding your talk have been overwhelming. You are a Gold champion! Thank you for doing us all proud.
Corrs Chambers Westgarth, NSW
- Outstanding. Everyone thought he was an amazing man, a presenter with a fantastic message to relay to the audience. It was at at the beginning of our conference... set the scene - raised the bar and got them all motivated and inspired... he was the best speaker most had ever heard.
Bayleys Managers' Conference 2004
- Rod was well versed with company vision and endeared the audience totally with his views and subject presented. He gave 150% and the audience voted him best speaker.
Designa Events, NSW
- Alternative Thinking
- Commitment to Excellence
- Myths and Truisms of Winning
- The Secrets of Success
- Thriving in a Competitive Environment
"Saxtons provided an excellent service in suggesting potential entertainers for our consideration and liaised with us at appropriate times in lead up to the event. I have recommended your services since the event at least three times. Extremely satisfied."
Fitzroy Basin Association
Subscribe to our newsletter