Rod Quantock is an award-winning comedian who has been researching, writing and performing shows about climate change and sustainability for 10 years.
He has read the literature and interviewed scientists and experts and has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the background science, current research and the challenges and solutions for living on a finite planet.
He understands that climate change isn't the only issue. He talks about peak water, peak oil, peak food, peak money, peak everything. And he dares talk about the pachyderm in the parlour: peak population.
His shows have won acclaim and taken him around the country. He has given keynote addresses at university and academic conferences and has spoken at countless climate change and sustainability events for local government, the private sector, community groups and in schools.
Rod's unique ability to mix the hard message with comedy overcomes one of the great challenges of climate action: communication.
From the carbon cycle to the looming resource crisis and population over-shoot, Rod brings clarity and honesty to the greatest issues of this or any other age - and makes you laugh about it. He will tell you why you should act on climate and what to do.
Rod also speaks in secondary schools on the history of mathematics.
When he is not working as a freelance writer, performer and speaker he is a prominent environmental, social and political activist.
Client Comments for Rod Quantock
- He's a classic.
- All our feedback on Rod has been extremely positive. I had several people come up to me on the night and say that he was a great MC and that it was nice to come to an event and have a someone who was involved and made it a good night for all. I feel that he got the right measure of the audience, made sure that the night flowed well, worked really well with everyone on stage and made sure everyone was comfortable and having a good time. We've had no negative feedback and he did a great job and helped make the night memorable and enjoyable.
- Rod was briefed on what we wanted and he gave an excellent delivery. Not many speakers would have been able to do that.
- Rod brought a new look to the most serious issue of our time. He is knowledgeable and entertaining at the same time. An excellent presentation that had the audience's total attention. He was really committed to our event and stayed right to the end fielding questions and enjoying the company. Well done.
David Hood & Associates
- We have received a number of rave reviews from our clients. We sincerely thank Rod for his involvement from pre-dinner drinks to the comedy spot and his MC role.
Cigna Insurance Australia Ltd
- Rod's meticulous attention to detail was fantastic. His ability to warm up a crowd was unique and quite invaluable.
Minter Ellison Solicitors
- His involvement was a highlight... a magnificent job of making everyone feel welcome, of 'breaking the ice' between strangers and hosting the evening.
The Epilepsy Foundation
- His keynote was all we could hope for and far more... it helped set new standards for others to aim for.
Department of State & Regional Development
- Rod's style of humour was enjoyed by international delegates from the USA and UK and local delegates alike. His quick wit and insight made for an enjoyable evening.
- Rod is the refreshing word on climate change... he has found a way through the science, the economics, the politics, and the apathy. His formidable knowledge is slathered in wit.
The Canberra Times
- You'll learn some great tips for rebuttal when it comes to the deniers and the do-nothings polluting the climate change debate. Rod says everything you want to say. Everything you want to scream. He's right, but 'Bugger The Polar Bears - This Is Serious' is more than just catharsis for greenies. Much more.
Australian Stage Review
- In today's world it's important to learn, but it's equally important to laugh. Quantock had us doing both with wit, character and knowledge. He is current, relevant, honest and hilariously brutal.
- Rod's presentation was outstanding! He was topical, well informed and hilarious. We could not have been happier!
Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand
- He did an amazing job on the night. We had a lot of good feedback from delegates. Best speaker we have had for a while.
ARRB Transport Research
- Rod was absolutely fantastic - he engaged the audience and covered the specific topic brilliantly.
Environmental Health Australia
- Excellent. Great short stint that was punchy and to the point. Great guy and easy to deal with.
DG Global Events
- Rod was great at engaging the audience by asking them to participate, but also presented a strong message about climate change. His presentations style was unique, and he had the audience in stitches from the outset.
Armidale Dumaresq Council
- A very relaxed speaker obviously listened to other speaker as made reference to their topics. Made very poignant observations regarding the frustrating complexity of modern life. A very talented comedian and social commentator who managed to entertain the audience for the entirety of the night. Approachable and amiable.
Timboon and District Healthcare Service
- Rod was absolutely fantastic, the kids loved him and I thought he was perfect for this event.
Here For Life
"Working with Trish, Tamie and the team is always a pleasure. I had a family crisis and everyone pulled together to help me with my events. Thanks so much!"
Subscribe to our newsletter