Ron Barassi is instantly recognised as an outstandingly successful Australian Football Player and Coach, and as one of the top motivators in the country. He played 203 games with the Melbourne Football Club; was a team member of six Melbourne Football Club Premiership sides; and represented Victoria 18 times. In 1970, as Coach of the Carlton Football Club, Barassi motivated the team so positively that they were able to win the Grand Final after being down 44 points at half time.
Four years later he took over the North Melbourne side and, within three seasons, achieved that club's first ever VFL Premiership. Between 1993 and 1995 Ron was the coach for the Sydney Swans. In 1996 he became the sports reporter for the Seven Network's Today Tonight. Ron has spoken to numerous corporations around Australia, relating the principles and techniques that bring out your 'super best'.
A trend-setter in both his playing and coaching, Ron was the first player to wear moulded soles on his boots, the first to replace the old program meal of steak with powdered food, the first to ban the chest mark from training, the first coach to leave the ground level bench for a better view seat above the play and the first coach to go to Ireland in search of prospects.
Ron is a remarkable man with a remarkable story.
Client Comments for Ron Barassi
Ron Barassi travels from Victoria Australia
- Ron had been given the brief to pretend our group was his team, and to give them a pre-game 'pep talk in the locker rooms…on the night he really came through! Most really seemed to get into the spirit.
Group Event Travel - Melbourne
- The entire 'This Is Your Life' team were delighted to meet Ron and we were so pleased he helped make Sister Trish Franklin's tribute an extra special success - The look on her face when Ron walked though the door said it all!
This is Your Life
- Ron was terrific to the crowd, pleasant and extremely easy to speak with. He was very personable and the crowd loved him.
Bone Growth Foundation
- Very well spoken and inspiring. Many of our guests felt motivated on a personal and professional basis.
Melbourne Airport Travel Lodge
- Ron was easygoing and approachable. His speech was motivating and included lots of scenarios that the audience could relate to.
Digital Equipment Corporation
- Ron's speech was excellent and he was very obliging on the day with answering questions and signing autographs
Ageing Positively Festival
- Goal Setting
- Motivation and Team Building
- Personal Development
"Sandra and Lauren were fantastic and very accommodating to our requests. They offered great advice and responded very quickly to all my questions."
International College of Management - Sydney
Subscribe to our newsletter