Ever wonder why certain teams win consistently, whereas others come up short? Ross Bernstein explains why - in an engaging and visually entertaining style designed to improve your organisation's overall performance, morale and bottom-line profitability.
The best-selling author of nearly 50 sports books, Ross Bernstein is an award-winning business speaker who helps companies and organisations perform more like champions. Ross and his books have been featured on thousands of television and radio programs over the past 20 years, including CNN, MSNBC, CBS This Morning, FOX News, Bloomberg, ESPN, Sports Illustrated and the CBC, as well as in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, L.A. Times, USA Today, and Maxim Magazine.
Ross signature program The Champion's Code is based on more than six years of research that resulted in two critically acclaimed series of sports-business books. The first examines how and why certain teams win world championships, while the other chronicles the unwritten and unspoken rules in the world of sports, or 'codes' as they are known, which explores the fine line between cheating and gamesmanship - and the consequences involved when that line is crossed.
Ross interviewed more than 1,000 professional athletes and coaches for the six books and along the way recognised some fascinating patterns, metrics and trends develop among certain individuals who possessed a very unique DNA. For these unique individuals, or 'champions', it wasn't always about winning, it was about following their moral compass in order to play the game the right way - with respect and integrity - in order to achieve success. In his presentation, Ross identifies upwards of 100 unique characteristics and traits that are common among champions, which he then ties into poignant life lessons and inspirational stories that relate back to his client’s event theme and desired learner outcomes.
Based largely on the 'Good to Great' ideology of how the best companies are able to separate themselves from the rest of the pack through dynamic leadership and extraordinary customer service, Ross' program reinforces the concept that individuals win games, but TEAMS win championships. Momentum, roles, buy-in, motivation, consistency, sacrifice, trust, chemistry, work ethic, innovation, karma, and being humble - they're all a part of what it takes to become the best of the best - a champion both on and off the field.
So... who are the champions in your organisation? Ross speaks about 100 dates a year and he'd love to customise a keynote (from one to six hours) for your next annual conference, corporate event, or sales meeting - his passion and energy is contagious and he'd be honored to be a member of your team for the day!
Client Comments for Ross Bernstein
Ross Bernstein travels from United States
- Ross, thank you so much for your amazing Champion's Code presentation at S.P. Richards' 2013 Advantage Business Conference in Orlando. Your program scored the highest rating in terms of overall value to our customers and their businesses. Feedback forms were jam-packed with superlatives like 'Passionate! Very inspiring!' and 'Best motivational 75 minutes I've ever attended.' The enthusiasm carried over into the hallways after your sessions and a number of people stopped me specifically to thank me for hiring you. Thanks for helping to make our 2013 event the best ever!
S.P. Richards Company
- We had Ross come in and be our keynote speaker at our first ever awards banquet for about 200 people in our sales operations and support organisation. He was very conscientious about meeting with me beforehand and making sure to tailor his presentation to our audience as well as the tenor of our meeting. It is a tough audience in that it has a wide range of people, from back office order entry folks to people who do field training in a our highly technical field to three sales VPs there to lend support. Ross did a great job during his presentation of capturing the attention of everybody in the room with his attitude and enthusiasm but most importantly with the substance of the message. Everybody could find something to relate to, and the message fit perfectly with what we were trying to get across to the team. We gathered feedback after the event, and it was literally universally positive, with Ross's contribution a big reason why. We will certainly be looking for opportunities to work with Ross in the future.
Boston Scientific Corporation
- Ross, you hit it out of the park! Thank you for speaking to the extended leadership team at OptumHealth. Your energy was contagious and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Leaders appreciated you weaving our business values and issues into your presentation, and it was refreshing to have so many winning sports stories that apply to our workplace and competitive landscape. You have the ability to tell very impactful and inspiring stories; we appreciated having you join our team for the afternoon!
- Ross, Your presentation is still 'hanging' with me. You are the best speaker we have had at any function and I've heard from many of the attendees on how much they enjoyed it. My career as a Hotel General Manager is 20 years of service. Over that time I have had the opportunity to hear many speakers for a variety of brands from Carlson Companies, to Holiday Inn and Marriott. I have heard and met Elizabeth Dole, Jimmy Johnson, Marilyn Carlson Nelson, and many other well known speakers, but your presentation was the most heartfelt.
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
- Ross is on top of his game. I first heard him speak last year at another telecommunications convention in Iowa and was immediately impressed. His message was inspirational and thought-provoking and his delivery was contagiously energetic. My association recently invited Ross to kick-off our spring convention in Palm Springs and he was a huge hit. The membership really enjoyed his 90 minute presentation on the Champion's Code so much that many of them hadn't realized they had actually been sitting that long. From his thousands of interviews, Ross convened what makes a champion and leader. Ross is a dynamic and passionate motivational speaker and I highly recommend him.
Western Telecommunications Alliance
"Very easy to do business with and makes my job as organiser much easier. Follow up was excellent."
Philmac Pty Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter