'You know it makes sense, I'm Sam Kekovich'. This is not only the title of his top selling book, but has also become the catchcry of the flamboyant AFL personality, Slammin' Sam Kekovich.
A star player with North Melbourne and Collingwood, Kekovich was an important factor in North Melbourne’s breakthrough Premiership triumph back in 1975. His playing career for more than a decade included running battles with coaches such as Ron Barassi. During his career, he played over 150 games, won a Club Best and Fairest in his second year, represented Victoria, and remained a colourful and a favourite topic for the sporting press.
Nowadays Kekovich enjoys playing the commentator and entertainer. He is a self made entrepreneur and media identity. His media credits include regular appearances on Channel 9’s Footy Show, co-host of Melbourne's 3AK radio breakfast team and PTI Australia on ESPN, and presenter on Melbourne sports radio station, SEN 1116. He also appears on Triple M's pre-match AFL coverage. He was the President of the Hammerheads, the television football team created by Network 7's show The Club and the Chief Executive Officer of K Rock Radio in Geelong.
In recent years, Sam Kekovich has become the face of the meat and livestock advertising campaign for lamb where in true Kekovich style he has told the public to buy lamb or they'll get a serve from him. The campaign has been a huge success with sales increasing by over one million serves per week.
Sam Kekovich is an engaging host and entertaining story teller. He is extremely humorous; bringing together his best moments and the characters he has encountered over the last 30 plus years not just on the footy field but in life.
Client Comments for Sam Kekovich
Sam Kekovich travels from Victoria Australia
- The feedback stated Sam Kekovich was outstanding and the "best yet".
Loreto Mandeville Hall Toorak
- Sam was fantastic, one of the best event MCs we've had.
Incremental Marketing Group
- Sam was definitely the highlight of our conference.
Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Sam was outstanding, a great choice. His humour is riveting and whilst it last he will be very successful.
- We had fantastic feedback from all our attendees about Sam's delivery, performance and content. He was named by a few attendees as the best comedian we have had in the 38 years of running the event. He was funny, his content related to the audience, it was catered perfectly. Great balance of message and comedy. Very politically incorrect which made it all the more hilarious! Not one bad thing to say about him.
Australian Institute of Company Directors
- A strong character that hand his audience in the palm of his hands right from the start.
Event Production Management
- Sam totally hit the mark with our audience - some people had tears of laughter! Perfect for a 45+ predominantly male demographic whilst also still being entertaining for others. A mixture of -entertaining stories from his life punctuated with jokes - far better than any stand up comedian could ever be.
"Saxton's staff are responsive, professional and a pleasure to work with. The service was flawless."
Subscribe to our newsletter