Sam McCool is a true stand-up chameleon! Best known for his comedy performances in the finals of Australia's Got Talent 2012, and a sold-out solo show at the Sydney Opera House, he is also an accomplished actor, writer, improviser, voice over artist and event MC.
As a comedian on Australia's Got Talent, he convincingly led the nation to believe that he was Kiwi, Irish, Indian, English, Scottish and finally Lebanese. He has previously performed live as a Scotsman in Scotland, an Indian in India, and a Mexican in the USA.
Sam has performed at comedy venues the world over including Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Melbourne Comedy Festival, Adelaide Fringe Festival, the famous Gotham City Comedy Club in New York, the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, as well as other venues throughout Canada, USA, UK, Switzerland, France, Bali, Hong Kong and New Zealand.
As an MC, Sam has hosted large events for up to 2,000 people, ranging from Film Festivals, Fashion Shows, Gala Dinners, Awards Nights, Corporate Trivia, Golf Days and more. His clients have included 3M, Australia Post, AMP Bank, Commonwealth Bank, Lloyds Bank, the Australian Retail Industry, the Victorian Peri-operative Nursing Group, the Australian Arab Business Network, the Australian Local Government Association, the Canadian Tourism Commission, Momentum Worldwide, and many more.
Sam's versatility comes from travelling 60 countries, speaking three languages, and engaging people from York to New York, Paris to Paraguay and Invercargill to Inverness!
Finally Sam is becoming somewhat of a comedy pioneer, being one of the first Australian comics to tour India, and the first ever on Thursday Island. It's safe to say, there are few more global comedians on this planet who have an intrinsic ability to engage, entertain and enrich any audience with their performance. So if you've got an exciting event coming up which requires an emcee, comedian, writer, actor, or improviser ... now you know, Sam does it all.
Client Comments for Sam McCool
- Our office recently held a Christmas in July party, for which Sam was the entertainment. He arrived and played the part of a new and strange employee, confusing, but more importantly entertaining all in attendance. Sam was well prepared with witty, well researched remarks for all of our staff. Our arrangements were quite rushed, so we appreciated his adaptability and professionalism. I highly recommend Sam for future corporate and private functions as his performance was of a high standard and has left us with fond memories of the evening.
Bovis Lend Lease
- Sam was well prepared for the event in both background research for the MC/moderating roles and also incorporating themes from our nursing profession and the conference into his stand-up routine. It was a pleasure to work with Sam and I would highly recommend him to other organisations as either MC or comedian as he certainly helped make our conference a successful one.
Victorian Perioperative Nurses Group
- The dinner attracted around 380 guests, representing leading Australian Arab business people, community leaders, Members of Parliaments and senior Arab diplomats as well as non AABN members Mr. Makhoul Emceed this event with great professionalism and punctuality, adhering to the time table and the script. He addressed the guests as per given instructions, and kept the event moving; adhered to the protocol with great ease and created a great environment. The AABN Board and guests were very impressed by his presentation; and most certainly would use his services in our forthcoming events.
Australian Arab Business Network
- Sam delivered a superb show. His ability to channel numerous international alter-egos was amazing and he kept the audience guessing all night about his real nationality. His choice of material was hilarious yet inoffensive, which is no mean feat. It's always a challenge to find a comedian that is equally at home doing a pub gig, conference or a corporate dinner. I'd have no hesitation in recommending Sam McCool to anyone as our audience was delighted on the night and the organising Committee felt that he delivered in spades.
Hunter Trainers and Assessors Network
- Lucky for us Sam, is not just a comedian, he's a 'Master of Atmosphere' and a 'Mood Changer'. Without a doubt it was Sam's words, wit and charm that relaxed the crowd, lifted the atmosphere so that every single person in the room was in stitches of laughter. I can safely say that after Sam performed we noticed a huge spike in the level of raffle ticket sales and silent auction bidding on the evening. I am certain that Sam's entertainment set the mood for the crowd on the night that resulted in us raising $20,000 for this wonderful cause.
Weeks after the event I still have clients and guests commenting on how great 'that Sam comedian was' and 'Does he do corporate gigs? I'd like him to do ours'. One guest on the evening (who spent a lot of money on a few silent auction prizes) said 'Sam was great, he addressed everyone in the room, no-one felt left out. He has to be the funniest comedian I have ever seen'. I have no hesitation in recommending Sam McCool to anyone wanting to leave a lasting and memorable impression on their guests. We'll be hiring Sam McCool again next year for our event, without a doubt.
- Our experience in dealing with Sam was positive throughout. Not only was he happy to meet with us beforehand to discuss in length exactly what we were looking for performance-wise, but he also gave us a variety of options and talked about the different things he had done for other events and if that would work with our audience. Sam is a very down-to-earth guy who connects well with people. He was very happy to socialise with our guests both before and after the dinner, and I know our clients appreciated the opportunity to come up and chat with him. If you are looking for a comedian who can provide hilarious, light-hearted and tailored banter, delivered in a variety of quality global accents, then I would definitely recommend Sam McCool.
- Sam did an absolutely amazing job at entertaining our extremely diverse workforce with his unique humour and anecdotes. Truly entertaining, truly funny, truly engaging, and truly special.
- With AMP Bank's COO, Head of Credit, National Marketing Manager, and Head of
Bank Operations in attendance, there was a lot at stake. However, for what can be
normally prove to be quite a dry, formalevent, Sam's humour, ability to improvise and
tailor his material to an audience of bankers and mortgage brokers seemed effortless.
His diligence in the detail of his preparation and the time and effort spent researching our industry and our key people proved valuable on the day. More than anything, his off the cuff remarks and good-natured humour kept things upbeat between speakers, keeping attendees alert and engaged throughout.
AMP Mortgage Broker Luncheon
- Sam not only entertained our 80 strong conference he took the time to research our industry and became quite knowledgeable on the Finance Markets. Throughout the entire two conferences and subsequent TV commercial that Sam has done for us he has always conducted himself professionally and has only required a minimal amount of information to be able to become proficient in our industry. If you are looking for a well presented, polished performer or MC you should look no further than Sam McCool.
- Sam, is not just a comedian, he's a 'Master of Atmosphere' and a 'Mood Changer'. Without a doubt it was Sam's words, wit and charm that relaxed the crowd, lifted the atmosphere so that every single person in the room was in stitches of laughter. I can safely say, that after Sam performed we noticed a huge spike in the level of raffle ticket sales and silent auction bidding on the evening. I am certain that Sam's entertainment set the mood for the crowd on the night.
- Sam MCed this event with great professionalism and punctuality, adhering to the time table and the script. He addressed the guests as per given instructions, and kept the event moving; adhered to the protocol with great ease and created a great environment.
Swanz Event Management
- I was impressed with Sam's humour, quick-wit and confidence dealing with CEOs of all calibers. Sam's speed and creativity were impressive. Overall a perfect performance, which couldn't have been executed better! We will definitely be looking to use Sam McCool again, whether to MC an event, to perform stand-up comedy or simply to impress clients with more creative events in the future.
- With events in all five Australian capital cities, it required a demanding schedule of early morning flights, short turnarounds and the ability to cooperate and coordinate with over 17 different presenters and adapting to their individual presenting styles. Sam was initially chosen for his previous tourism experience and knowledge of Canadian culture but also for his unique comedic ability to win over a travel trade audience who attend many similar functions. His hours of detailed script preparation, creative ideas and development with the event producer and his friendly disposition endeared him to all of our presenters, earning him a recall two years in a row. Above all, we enjoyed high attendance levels, great feedback from attendees and the envy of our competitors in creating a creative showcase for our travel products and services. Sam McCool was an integral part of the whole process and we thank him for his dedication to its success. He comes highly recommended for clients holding similar multi-day, multi-location events where more is required than just another event emcee.
DC & Associates, on behalf of the Canadian Tourism Commission
- Not only did Sam conduct himself professionally, in the emcee role, but his stand up comedy section was a highlight of the conference. He performed two sets, learning enough about each person during the show and innovate his act in a way that made it a very memorable evening. Sam is the kind of emcee who is wonderful to have join you on an overseas conference as he is not only happy to emcee the event, and perform tailored comedy, but he is also very sociable outside the conference room, and even funnier when the group is out socialising.
Property Investment Research PIR
- Sam presented for my company's Christmas party and was able to create a very welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. He presented a comedy routine which kept all the staff laughing throughout the entire routine! Sam's act was very well prepared and planned and he was able to accommodate the culture of our Company into his routine which made it a very pleasant and personal experience.
The Education Group
"I have always used Saxton and yet again the Saxton team delivered! Complete professionalism."
Waples Marketing Group Pty Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter