Weather patterns may just prove to be as dynamic as Sara Groen’s media career, which has seen her report on everything from cocoa flavanols in remote northern Brazil to climate patterns in Sydney and fashions on the field at The Melbourne Cup.
Sara is an accomplished reporter, presenter, actor and MC.
Currently the weather presenter on Sydney’s No. 1 television news service, she has been reporting on meteorology and environmental issues for ‘Seven News’ and regularly fills in to present the ‘Seven Late News’.
More recently, Sara took to the stage with popular country crooner Adam Harvey for Channel Seven’s high-rating celebrity singing competition, ‘It Takes Two’.
Sara joined ‘Seven’ in 2002 as a presenter and segment producer for the national children’s program ‘Saturday Disney’. This followed guest roles in US productions such as ‘Farscape’, ‘Beastmaster’ and ‘The Lost World’ as well as the lead in the AFI nominated short film ‘The Scree’ alongside Paul McDermott.
She juggled her role on ‘Saturday Disney’ with both university and acting studies, coming to the attention of the producers of ‘Sydney Weekender’. In 2004, Sara joined the popular travel and lifestyle program as a reporter while continuing to complete her studies and in 2005 graduated from Monash University with a BA in journalism. She was also a scholarship award recipient for academic excellence.
A reporting role on science and technology series ‘Beyond Tomorrow’ followed in 2006, a role which combined her journalistic and reporting skills and love of travel. Sara worked extensively internationally for the show, spending large periods of time reporting in the USA, Canada and Brazil.
Sara is an accomplished speaker and MC, having hosted such events as the Melbourne Cup Carnival, Lavazza Most Majestic Launch, International Youth River Health Conference, Fashion Targets Breast Cancer, Master Builders Association Housing Awards and Fashions on the Field at Emirates Stakes Day. She is also an ambassador for the National Breast Cancer Foundation and patron for Camp Quality.
When she’s not responding to her friend’s requests for weekend weather forecasts, a self confessed `foodie,’ Sara loves cooking and trying new restaurants and is learning to surf in her spare time. And in case you were wondering, flavanols are the healthy bits in chocolate.
Client Comments for Sara Groen
Sara Groen travels from New South Wales Australia
- Lavazza's Calendar launch for 2008 was held at the Sydney Opera House. The event was organised at very short notice, and we were thrilled when we secured Sara as the MC for the event.
Sara was able to perform the hosting duties with real skill and charm, working to a complex presentation involving live reveals of six artworks, accompanied by video and separate audio materials.
Because of the short notice, Sara had to work without any proper rehearsal time, but was able to give Lavazza a very professional presentation which matched Lavazza's positioning as a sophisticated glamorous international brand. And she's fun to work with!
We recommend her very highly.
- Sara was a charismatic and energetic presenter who actively and flawlessly engaged herself with the audience introducing each performer with confidence, composure and a huge smile. Sara captivated the audience each time she took the stage. She was a true asset to the night and a significant contribution the evening's success.
- I have had the pleasure of working with Sara over the past two years with her involvement as an MC and group leader for our award-winning kid's educational events that we run throughout Australia. Her warm personality, genuine commitment and professionalism really added to the success and profile of each event she was part of. Sara went above and beyond her MC brief taking time out to spend with student, teacher and VIP delegates at our events. Her energy and enthusiasm were an absolute delight and ensured our action packed program delivered on both excitement and integrity.
International Youth River Health Conference
- The Global Illumination is an international event in partnership with Estee Lauder and Energy Australia, requiring a speaker with the utmost sophistication and presence. Sara Groen was all that! Sara spoke with great energy and clearness, followed instructions well and most importantly shared her own personal experience with warmth and empathy that was greatly received by all guests on the night. Sara's devotion to the event was both admirable and heartening.
National Breast Cancer Foundation
- Sara displayed professional diligence and an amazing willingness to assist in any and every way she possibly could. Her visual beauty reflected the heart and soul of this lovely lady and her speech on the night was full of emotion and truly inspiring.
The Federal Group
- Sara has been a delight to work with and the VRC would always welcome her back as a guest of the Club or for any other opportunities that presented. Sara had a fantastic rapport with the hundreds of Children who entered the competition and nothing was ever too difficult or a hassle for her to deal with.
Victoria Racing Club
- Sara was always a delight to work with and made everyone's job easier with her professional attitude and outgoing, bubbly personality. She prepared for the role with enthusiasm and was very articulate in her presentation. The last minute changes (and there were a few) were never a problem for Sara, she took it all in her stride and is to be commended on such a wonderful job. Both Seven and the VRC were thrilled with her work on this major event and we received lots of positive feedback on her performance.
Channel Seven Melbourne
"Emma and Tamie are a delight to work with, I truly look forward to calling upon them to source speakers/entertainers. They are so professional, reliable and I trust their opinions and gut feel as much as I'd trust my own, they are second to none. It is so refreshing to be able to go to a supplier who isn't just churning out the same old speakers with the same old story. Thank you ladies, without your help our events would not be as successful as they are."
Subscribe to our newsletter