Melbourne Convention Bureau
Melbourne Convention Bureau (MCB) is a partnership between the Victorian state and local government and private enterprise. MCB has been responsible for attracting international conventions and meetings to Victoria for over four decades.
Since its inception, MCB has worked with associations, corporates and event planners to identify and bid for the right to host meetings, incentive travel reward programs, conventions and other business events from around the world; and today has an unequalled reputation for facilitating the delivery of high quality events, which meet and transcend the needs and expectations of event hosts.
With staff and representation in five countries, including the United Kingdom, United States, China, Singapore and Australia (Melbourne and New South Wales), the organisation’s established networks across government, industry and academia assure the success and unique values of every business event held in the state of Victoria.
MCB’s vision is to make Victoria one of the world’s most successful conference destinations, while its mission is to maximise the benefits from conferences to the Victorian economy.
MCB’s core functions are:
- National and international convention bidding to ensure Melbourne and regional Victoria secure lucrative business events from local and global association clients;
- Incentive and corporate travel bidding to ensure Melbourne and regional Victoria secure profitable and rewarding incentive and corporate travel groups from international markets;
- Convention servicing to ensure that business events held in Victoria are a resounding success;
- Securing government support to ensure that business events held in the state align with government policy and are subsequently backed by government on a local, state and federal level;
- Membership services to ensure MCB’s clients have access to Victoria’s leading business event suppliers and members are provided with valuable sales leads;
- Research to ensure MCB is a leader in innovation; and
- Marketing and communications to ensure Victoria is recognised globally as one of the world’s premier business events destinations.
"From the beginning of the process through to the end, the customer service has been of a high standard and both Tamie and Nina were great to deal with."
SA Power Networks
Subscribe to our newsletter