Shara Evans is internationally acknowledged as a cutting edge technology futurist, commentator, strategy advisor and thought leader, as well as the Founder and CEO of Market Clarity, an award-winning technology analyst firm that provides insight, intelligence and advice on all aspects of the telecom and emerging technologies markets.
She's also the Founder of Telsyte (subsequently sold to publicly listed UXC), and has been providing innovative research and strategic consulting on telecoms and technology for the past 18 years. Shara is one of the industry’s leading commentators on telecommunications and technology issues.
Shara's latest research area, Future Tech 2025 leverages her life long love of science and science fiction, and her deep ties to the scientific research community. Her ongoing series of interviews with thought leaders in research labs, vendor labs, telcos, start-ups, futurists and others — covers a very wide range of topics, such as: new form factors for phones/devices, wearables, implantables, sensors, wireless technologies, holograms, augmented reality, virtual reality, 3D printing, the Internet of Things (IoT), home automation, smart cities, robotics, drones, cars of the future, artificial intelligence, cyber crime, privacy, and the next wave of innovation.
Shara helps her clients understand new product and service opportunities that are being underpinned by these emerging technologies. Frequently working with executive, strategy and product teams, Shara helps organisations think outside the box of what’s available today to imagine the world in 5 or 10 years, and commercialise these concepts into innovative new products and services.
Shara is recognised as one of the world’s top female futurists, fusing her engineering background with an intuitive understanding of how society is likely to respond to new technologies.
Client Comments for Shara Evans
Shara Evans travels from New South Wales Australia
- Shara's warm personality and engaging speaking style are assets to any event and FirstPath would gladly recommend her to host or MC. Her deep understanding of the evolving Telco marketplace and strategy is equally impressive and adds to the occasion.
- I have worked with Shara for many years on our annual industry events where she has participated as an expert speaker and chair. I have always found Shara to be most professionally competent and personally charming, as well as liked and appreciated by our hundreds of client delegates. She has been a key driver of the success of our events.
- I engaged Shara to speak at the ACMA's Mobile Network Performance Forum at Melbourne's Federation Square in November 2013. Shara is an engaging speaker and her presentation truly informed the discussion on the day.
Australian Communications and Media Authority
- Shara tailored her content/expertise to our audience and it was a perfect fit! She put so much effort into her presentation and it truly showed off.
- "The Fraud and Cyber Crime Group, State Crime Command were very privileged to have futurist Shara Evans as a keynote speaker at our Fraud, Cyber and Identity Crime symposium "Triumph Through a Changing World" at the Intercontinental Hotel, Sanctuary Cove, Australia. Shara has a deep understanding of the global landscape and an intuitive ability to identify where technology will lead us in the future. Her thought provoking presentation gave organisations a valuable insight of the future benefits, risks and threats they face as the impact filters through all levels of society. Shara's captivating presentation was an event highlight and the impetus for discovery, learning and adapting by the delegates as they participated through the symposium."
Queensland Police - State Crime Command Fraud and Cyber Crime Group
- We asked Shara to present to our quarterly Creator Tech Industry Dinner on a subject of her choosing. Her talk, which was entitled 'Flying Robots: Friend or Foe', was thoroughly engaging, well researched and perfectly targeted to our select group.
- Shara's session was a resounding success. She is one of the best presenters we have ever had, drawing on real experience and examples with high-quality presentation materials and a fantastic speaking style. Shara's deep knowledge of a broad range of topics was very impressive and she really engaged our members in an interesting and challenging session. I would very highly recommend Shara as a keynote speaker.
The Data Warehouse Institute (Australian Chapter)
- I had the pleasure of working with Shara at the Australia Finance Conference, an annual student-run conference for students from universities all over Sydney. Shara was very gracious to volunteer her time to be the opening keynote speaker and educate students about emerging technology and its impact on the financial industry. She was eager to share her expert insights in the technology industry and spoke passionately at the conference. Her preparation and attention to detail was impeccable. Shara understood the student body and engaged them throughout her keynote. We received a great deal of verbal feedback praising Shara and her keynote speech. Many students were eager to speak to Shara after the conference, and she kindly returned for our networking evening to answer their queries. Shara has been an honour and joy to work with. She has played a key role in the success of this year's conference and we would love to work with her again in the future.
Australia Finance Conference (AUSFIC) 2015
- Very well researched and well presented session. Shara hit all the key future opportunities for IOT and definitely got the room thinking.
- Shara draws on extensive research to present an interesting overview of the latest technology innovations. She draws together the threads of different technology streams to provide valuable insight into the future impact of technology on various industries. Informative and entertaining.
- A well-presented and in-depth explanation of conducted research into future technologies.
- Shara has showcased the future in an interesting and concise seminar that has opened my eyes to a world of opportunity.
- Shara Evans is the modern day Melisandre, high priestess of tech. Fantastic presso! Feeling frightened but excited about future!
- Thank you for your talk at the ICT Trends 2014: Celebrating the Technology of Tomorrow event. Your presentation was absolutely brilliant, interesting and engaging. I actually heard gasps in the audience they were so engaged. There was lots of verbal feedback around the presentation and our Twitter feed went wild. Thanks again and I really look forward to the next one!
Females in IT & Telecommunications (FITT)
- Your presentation at the ICT Trends 2014: Celebrating the Technology of Tomorrow event was fantastic (very thought provoking and engaging). The guests I brought along today loved it.
- A realistic ‘here and now' presentation for business and the end-user. Shara is an excellent presenter, clear, precise and engaging. The presentation had excellent content.
National Infrastructure Services
- Shara left me feeling inspired and thinking the future is bright.
Leaders in Heels
- We've been working with Shara Evans for about ten years now, and I've seen her speak over many years at many conferences. Her predictions about what's happening in the future have been spot-on on so many occasions. Shara is now a futurist specialising in telecommunications and technology, and we're proud to be able to work with her.
- Shara provided a thought-provoking and challenging presentation. She is a skilled presenter and clearly an expert in her chosen field.
Commonwealth Bank Group
- Fantastic presentation. It is always so refreshing to listen to a speaker who is really informative and entertaining.
- Shara obviously knows her space extremely well, and is a world authority on this changing landscape.
- I found it to be a very thought provoking and interesting presentation that makes you think about our daily lives, but also the career and business opportunities of the future.
- Shara gave a great talk that was interesting, entertaining and eye opening. You should go and hear her talk about the future.
- Shara navigated the potential difficulties of our conference with great competence and skill. She kept the flow of the session at a lively pace, added relevant questions as appropriate and put the panellists at ease, while allowing for plenty of audience participation. Feedback from panellists and the audience was very positive. Shara has a strong understanding of the telecommunications sector so had a sound grasp of the context. She has a polite and courteous manner, but is prepared to tackle more difficult issues. She was easy and professional to deal with leading up to the event, and we were very pleased with the way the session turned out. I have no hesitation in recommending Shara.
Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN)
- I've known Shara for many, many years. I've seen her present at numerous conferences. I've seen her emcee and run various conferences, and in my mind there is no one better to keep a conference running smoothly. She is able to talk knowledgeably with all of the presenters and always asks intelligent questions when the audience can't seem to think of one.
Trident Subsea Cables
- Shara's vast network of industry and enterprise contacts, coupled with her technical knowledge, was incredibly useful throughout the CeNTIE project, which introduced high-speed fibre-based broadband to Australia, connecting some 35 sites across the continent with 1 Gbps or higher fibre to the premises. Shara was also instrumental in publicising CeNTIE's work through her speaking engagements, publications and client assignments.
- Shara is always a pleasure to work with and has a long-standing track record of bringing innovative new research to the Australian telecoms community.
- 3D Printing: A Truly Disruptive Technology
- Emerging Technologies: Challenges and Opportunities for the Public Sector
- Emerging Technologies: Implications for the Finance Industry
- Flying Robots: Friend or Foe?
- From SciFi to Reality: New Attack Vectors for Cyber Criminals?
- Future Tech: Your Roadmap To New Opportunities
- Inspiring Women in Technology
- New Trends and the Next Big Thing: Future Industries, Services and Products
- Privacy: Will it be gone forever? What every Company Director, Executive, Business Owner and Consumer needs to know
- The Future of Travel: Business and Leisure Travel in 2025
- The Next Wave of Mobility: Integrated Mobile Connectivity in Everything
Topic SynopsesFrom SciFi to Reality: Emerging Technologies — New Attack Vectors for Cyber Criminals?
In this keynote speech, technology futurist Shara Evans describes an array of emerging technologies along with their potential for opening up new attack vectors for cyber criminals. By showing how and where sensitive business and personal information may be compromised in the future, from spying drones to connected cars to mobile apps, Shara will provide you with insights that will help you navigate the new world of ubiquitous connectivity and how these lessons can relate to securing your most valuable information.
Topics covered include:
- Current State of Play: Mobile Apps, Social Media, Hacking Targets
- Gadgets: Wearables, Augmented Reality, Facial Recognition
- Health Services + Embedded Technology
- Home Automation
- Next Generation Vehicles
- Air, Land + Sea: Expect to see Robots everywhere!
- The next wave of Big Data
- Digital Avatars: Using Artificial Intelligence to make sense of information silos