Technology Futurist Shara Evans is a globally acknowledged Keynote Speaker and widely regarded as one of the world’s Top Female Futurists. Highly sought after and in demand by conference producers and media, Shara provides the latest insights and thought provoking ideas on a broad spectrum of issues.
Regardless of your Industry, Shara’s keynote speeches bring together the latest technology innovations and cutting-edge research projects, tying them into strategic insights specifically for your business.
Shara is also a regular media commentator on technology issues — appearing on shows such as Sky News, The Drum, Lateline, 7:30 and is regularly quoted in publications such as the Financial Review, The Age, Sydney Morning Herald, The Australian and many others.
Shara’s latest research is the Future Tech series — based on ongoing interviews with thought leaders in research labs, vendor labs, telcos, futurists and others — covering a very wide range of topics, such as: new form factors for phones and devices, wearables, implantables, sensors, wireless technologies, holograms, augmented reality, virtual reality, 3D printing, home automation, the Internet of Things, robotics, drones, cars of the future, artificial intelligence, security, privacy, cloud services, and the next wave of innovation.
Shara Evans is also the Founder and CEO of Market Clarity, an award-winning technology analyst firm that provides insight, intelligence and advice on all aspects of the telecom and emerging technologies markets, as well as the Founder of Telsyte (which she sold to publicly listed UXC), and has been providing innovative research and strategic consulting on telecoms and technology throughout her successful career.
Shara has a long history of working with top scientific research organisations. She was a member of the CeNTIE (CSIRO Centre for Networking Technologies for the Information Economy) Advisory Board from 2002 – 2007, as well as being an Advisor to the Director of the Networking Technologies Laboratory within CSIRO’s ICT Centre. Most recently she served as a member of the Expert Review Panel for the Australian Centre for Broadband Innovation (ACBI), a collaborative research initiative by the CSIRO in partnership with NICTA, with foundation funding provided by the NSW Government.
Shara helps her clients understand new product and service opportunities that are being underpinned by emerging technologies. Frequently working with executive, strategy and product teams, Shara gets organisations to think outside the box of what's available today to imagine the world in 10 - 20 years, and assists them in commercialising these concepts into innovative new products and services.
Shara prides herself on taking the time to work with you and your team to tailor her presentations to address the issues directly relevant to your company and industry.
Client Comments for Shara Evans
Shara Evans travels from New South Wales Australia
- Shara Evans has now delivered two keynote plenary presentations at CeBIT in 2015 & 2016. Shara's 2016 session on "CyberCrime: From SciFi to boardroom threat – Where the challenges lie in the digital future" was fantastic. We had excellent feedback from our delegates and media representatives Shara is a valued participant in CeBIT proceedings having also delivered a superb keynote in 2015 on the implications of drone technology "Flying Robots: Friends or Foe" which received wide coverage by mainstream media.
Shara is easy to work with, and is happy to tailor her presentations to our exact requirements. I'd highly recommend Shara as a keynote speaker for any technology themed event.
Project Director - Cebit, Hannover Fairs Australia
- Shara had a great message, to always consider the security of new technologies and we loved all the examples and case studies that she used.
Account Manager, Zadro
- I attended the annual CGU Benchmark Awards on Thursday 1 Sep 16 in Sydney (Cleanaway was a proud winner!), and the keynote speaker was Technology Futurist, Shara Evans. Shara introduced herself to our little group before the event and within few minutes, we were all looking forward to hearing her speak; Shara is engaging and knowledgeable, and the remarkable technological insights she provided were captivating. I'm quite sure that most, if not all, people present left the awards ceremony with minds blown! Shara has been ahead of the curve her entire working life, and in the sci-fi movie field of technology, that is something in itself. We were all speaking to everyone we came across for the next 2 days about her keynote address. Commendable.
Head of Audit & Risk, Cleanaway Waste Management Limited
- Just wanted to extend my thanks to you for attending and speaking at the Benchmark Awards last Thursday. You were so easy to work with in the lead up to the event and took the time to tailor your content to our audience. I have had many glowing reports on how you were the best speaker that we have ever had and even had one request from a broker for your details to be sent through. Thanks for everything and I look forward to working with you soon.
Marketing Specialist, Event Solutions, CGU
- Shara's opening keynote was a fantastic kick-off for our Fraud Focus Group Forum. Her insights into emerging technology trends and future cybercrime threat vectors set the scene for a great event. We received excellent feedback from our clients, who found Shara's presentation extremely thought provoking.
Product Manager, Veda
- I have worked with Shara for many years on our annual industry events where she has participated as an expert speaker and chair. I have always found Shara to be most professionally competent and personally charming, as well as liked and appreciated by our hundreds of client delegates. She has been a key driver of the success of our events.
- I engaged Shara to speak at the ACMA's Mobile Network Performance Forum at Melbourne's Federation Square in November 2013. Shara is an engaging speaker and her presentation truly informed the discussion on the day.
Australian Communications and Media Authority
- Shara tailored her content/expertise to our audience and it was a perfect fit! She put so much effort into her presentation and it truly showed off.
- "The Fraud and Cyber Crime Group, State Crime Command were very privileged to have futurist Shara Evans as a keynote speaker at our Fraud, Cyber and Identity Crime symposium "Triumph Through a Changing World" at the Intercontinental Hotel, Sanctuary Cove, Australia. Shara has a deep understanding of the global landscape and an intuitive ability to identify where technology will lead us in the future. Her thought provoking presentation gave organisations a valuable insight of the future benefits, risks and threats they face as the impact filters through all levels of society. Shara's captivating presentation was an event highlight and the impetus for discovery, learning and adapting by the delegates as they participated through the symposium."
Queensland Police - State Crime Command Fraud and Cyber Crime Group
- We asked Shara to present to our quarterly Creator Tech Industry Dinner on a subject of her choosing. Her talk, which was entitled 'Flying Robots: Friend or Foe', was thoroughly engaging, well researched and perfectly targeted to our select group.
- Shara's session was a resounding success. She is one of the best presenters we have ever had, drawing on real experience and examples with high-quality presentation materials and a fantastic speaking style. Shara's deep knowledge of a broad range of topics was very impressive and she really engaged our members in an interesting and challenging session. I would very highly recommend Shara as a keynote speaker.
The Data Warehouse Institute (Australian Chapter)
- I had the pleasure of working with Shara at the Australia Finance Conference, an annual student-run conference for students from universities all over Sydney. Shara was very gracious to volunteer her time to be the opening keynote speaker and educate students about emerging technology and its impact on the financial industry. She was eager to share her expert insights in the technology industry and spoke passionately at the conference. Her preparation and attention to detail was impeccable. Shara understood the student body and engaged them throughout her keynote. We received a great deal of verbal feedback praising Shara and her keynote speech. Many students were eager to speak to Shara after the conference, and she kindly returned for our networking evening to answer their queries. Shara has been an honour and joy to work with. She has played a key role in the success of this year's conference and we would love to work with her again in the future.
Australia Finance Conference (AUSFIC) 2015
- Very well researched and well presented session. Shara hit all the key future opportunities for IOT and definitely got the room thinking.
- Shara draws on extensive research to present an interesting overview of the latest technology innovations. She draws together the threads of different technology streams to provide valuable insight into the future impact of technology on various industries. Informative and entertaining.
- A well-presented and in-depth explanation of conducted research into future technologies.
- Shara has showcased the future in an interesting and concise seminar that has opened my eyes to a world of opportunity.
- Shara Evans is the modern day Melisandre, high priestess of tech. Fantastic presso! Feeling frightened but excited about future!
- Thank you for your talk at the ICT Trends 2014: Celebrating the Technology of Tomorrow event. Your presentation was absolutely brilliant, interesting and engaging. I actually heard gasps in the audience they were so engaged. There was lots of verbal feedback around the presentation and our Twitter feed went wild. Thanks again and I really look forward to the next one!
Females in IT & Telecommunications (FITT)
- Your presentation at the ICT Trends 2014: Celebrating the Technology of Tomorrow event was fantastic (very thought provoking and engaging). The guests I brought along today loved it.
- A realistic ‘here and now' presentation for business and the end-user. Shara is an excellent presenter, clear, precise and engaging. The presentation had excellent content.
National Infrastructure Services
- Shara left me feeling inspired and thinking the future is bright.
Leaders in Heels
- We've been working with Shara Evans for about ten years now, and I've seen her speak over many years at many conferences. Her predictions about what's happening in the future have been spot-on on so many occasions. Shara is now a futurist specialising in telecommunications and technology, and we're proud to be able to work with her.
- Shara's warm personality and engaging speaking style are assets to any event and FirstPath would gladly recommend her to host or MC. Her deep understanding of the evolving Telco marketplace and strategy is equally impressive and adds to the occasion.
- Shara provided a thought-provoking and challenging presentation. She is a skilled presenter and clearly an expert in her chosen field.
Commonwealth Bank Group
- Fantastic presentation. It is always so refreshing to listen to a speaker who is really informative and entertaining.
- Shara obviously knows her space extremely well, and is a world authority on this changing landscape.
- I found it to be a very thought provoking and interesting presentation that makes you think about our daily lives, but also the career and business opportunities of the future.
- Shara gave a great talk that was interesting, entertaining and eye opening. You should go and hear her talk about the future.
- Cities of the Future
- Investing for Tomorrow - Hot Industries of the Future
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence
- Into the Future: How Technology Innovation will Transform our World
- New Technology Trends and the Next Big Thing — Future Industries, Services and Products
- Disruptive Technologies — Implications for the Finance Industry
- Unlocking the Future — Opportunities for the Telco Industry
- Technology Innovations - New Ways of Managing Risk
- Challenges and Opportunities for the Public Sector
- The Future of Aged Care — Cutting Edge Technologies that will Improve Older Citizens Quality of Life
- Health: Will Technology Let Us Live Forever?
- Privacy: Will it be gone forever? What every Company Director, Executive, Business Owner and Consumer needs to know
- From SciFi to Reality: New Attack Vectors for Cyber Criminals?
- CyberCrime: From Sci-Fi to Boardroom Threat - Where the Challenges Lie in the Digital Future
- Life in the Software-enabled World of Tomorrow
- Emerging Technologies: New Data Sets to Interpret and Monetize
- 3D Printing: A Truly Disruptive Technology
- Flying Robots – Friend or Foe?
- The Future of Travel — Business and Leisure Travel in 2030
- Technology: A double edged sword
- Future Tech: Your Roadmap To New Opportunities
- Inspiring Women in Technology - The Role of Mentors in Fast Tracking Your Career
Topic SynopsesTOPICS + INDUSTRIES
BANKING, FINANCE + INSURANCE
Facing disruption? Don’t despair - find new ways to manage risk, understand valuable new asset classes, and understand
what it means for your Industry.
From flying robots, 3D printing to AI. How can you harness these technologies to be effective in your business today?
Would you like to get ahead of the investment curve by gaining insight into Hot Industries of the Future? Or, what tomorrow’s
cities will look like? Understand what innovation truly means and how it will transform our world.
Will technology let us live longer? What will this mean for older citizens?
PRIVACY + SECURITY
From Sci-Fi to boardroom threat, what every business leader needs to know now!
INSPIRING WOMEN IN TECHNOLOGY
The challenges that women in technology face today and how you can fast track your career in this competitive industry
"I have found Nancy helpful and professional at all times. I have used Saxton for a number of years now and am extremely happy with the service."
North West Region Association of Business Managers
Subscribe to our newsletter