The charismatic Shura Taft has fast become one of Australia's hottest and most in-demand television personalities. Known for his way around the microphone, Shura is a true professional and a talented presenter. As a host in the studio, on location or presenting live, Shura leads by example offering witty humour and delivers intelligent conversation to his audience.
In 2013 Shura was named as host of the sixth season of Channel Seven's Australian version of The Mole, a successful reality TV show that has been played around the world. He also appeared on Slide Show and filled in for Larry Emdur on The Morning Show.
In 2011 Shura began work as the face of the world travel brand Expedia. He shot a campaign known as 'New York on $50' which eventually won awards at the Cannes advertising festival. For two years he shot television, print and billboard campaigns for Expedia in New York, Las Vegas, Thailand and Noumea. He has also appeared in advertising campaigns for McCains, Wet 'n' Wild theme parks, Hungry Jacks, The Australian Diamond Company, Volkswagen and AAMI insurance online.
Based in Melbourne, Shura began working in media as host of his own weekend radio show at Nova 100 radio station for seven years. He then began his television career co-hosting the children's television show Kids WB from 2006-2011 which was the shown across Australia on Channel Nine. He then hosted Channel Nine children's game show Pyramid for five years amassing 462 episodes.
In his time at Channel Nine, Taft also hosted the weather on the Today Show, presented stories for the travel series Postcards and was a contestant on the Celebrity Singing Bee in 2008 where he won $50,000 for the charity TLC for Kids. In 2011, Shura became the male host of the music show Eclipse Music TV on GO! and hosted Uplate with James Kerley and Natalie Garonzi also on the GO! channel.
Shura has also done his fair share of travelling. He co-presented a travel documentary and worked for three weeks in India, filming the first of a 10-part travel series with Jennifer Adams for Network Ten. His role included on-screen presenting, camera work and off-screen production.
His passion for sport lead him into work for the Fox Footy Channel on Foxtel where he was the host of The Supercoach Show, an interactive weekly live footy show. He also hosted the live broadcasts of both the 2012 Brownlow Medal Red Carpet and the 2012 AFL Rising Star award.
Shura has also been host to Cricket Australia's online Big Bash League Cricket TV show. Shura again demonstrated the depth of his sporting knowledge, hosting the show weekly with a News Ltd journalist, interviewing cricket players and reviewing the previous rounds games and discussing upcoming games.
Shura supports the Hawthorn Football Club and has established himself as the club's host of the family club and Club MC for all home match day events at the MCG, as well as host of their sponsor nights. He plays amateur football for Collegians in the Victorian Amateur Football Association, winning premier division premierships with the club two years in a row.
Over the years Shura has also immersed himself in many charities and has been an ambassador for TLC for Kids since 2007. He holds a Degree in Biomedical Science.
As an MC, Shura has been involved in countless events including GPO Girl's Night out at Moonee Valley, the Fashions on the Field at Caulfield Cup and Caulfield Guineas, Forever New's Spring Winter Fashion Launch, the Warner Bros Australian Christmas, the St Kilda Festival Main Stage, the 2013 Stakes Day Fashions on the Field, the Deakin University Alumni Dinner and the launch of the new Ferrari in Melbourne. Most recently, he hosted the Graduation Ceremony for Michelle Bridges' health program The 12-Week Body Transformation 12WBT.
Bringing a unique energy and bubbly enthusiasm to all his performances, Shura Taft is an exciting presenter, host and entertainer loved by audiences of all ages.
Client Comments for Shura Taft
- The night was a huge success and we thought you did a brilliant job. You were exactly what we were looking for from an MC point of view and we had a tonne of positive feedback.
- Shura Taft was an exceptionally professional and entertaining MC for our 2010 TV Week Logies Media Room. Shura handled media queries with ease and was knowledgeable and engaging when introducing winners and presenters. He was able to deal with last minute occurrences with grace and style and he constantly kept a high spirit. Shura was an excellent addition to the team and was praised by all of our staff and other guests. We would not hesitate to engage Shura again and would recommend him for similar events.
The Lantern Group
- Shura certainly knows his way around a microphone and stage. When he is available, he is always our first choice for MCing due to his ability to literally bring an event to life. His energy and enthusiasm knows no bounds but it's his level of professionalism and devotion to any job he undertakes that sets him apart from the rest. Shura has MCed a vast array of brand events for Ignition, from VB events through to X Box and Motorola. He is a huge asset to any event and he can't be recommended higher.
- Shura Taft has been incredibly supportive of our organisation by giving both his time and helping to raise considerable funds for the free services we provide. Shura has, and continues to play a significant role in our fundraising campaigns and as an official Ambassador of our cause, he has: emceed our Gala Dinner fundraising events, conducted many media interviews, represented and advocated for TLC for Kids and assisted with major media campaigns. Due to his professionalism, attention to detail and energy, I confidently recommend Shura for any hosting/emceeing or media opportunities.
TLC for Kids
- We relied on Shura for his professionalism, credibility, timing and spontaneity and above all his interaction with our guests. Shura's professionalism ensured that the audience was treated to a memorable event. He was totally responsible for this aspect of the evening and rose to the occasion by delivering an excellent experience. Prior to the event, and during the planning process, Shura did not let us down in respect of his availability, punctuality and participation.
I would have no hesitation in recommending his services to others or to engage him at future events.
FROC Funding Research Of Cancer Fashion Parade
- At Nova we require hosts / staff who are real and can relate to all types of people – clients and listeners – and read their audience well, which Shura is always able to do. He has hosted various functions and events ranging from street activities with large roving crowds of people, Nova Rent A Crowds and Outside Broadcasts, to smaller intimate events such as the Schools 4 Schools PR launch. He is comfortable talking to groups of 50 people – but can also command hundreds, eg; Shave For A Cure, St Kilda Festival and the Royal Show at our much larger events.
- Master of Ceremonies
"Great staff and service. Appreciated the support in negotiating a fee within our budget and the opportunity to speak to the presenter directly. We mucked around a bit with the date and time and your patience with this was appreciated also."
Subscribe to our newsletter