According to the usual script, Stacey should be living on the streets, in jail, on drugs or dead. She ticks all the boxes when it comes to risk factors, having experienced no mum throughout her life, bought up in housing commission, child sexual abuse, 15 and pregnant, 19 with two babies and homeless, 21 with three kids and living in a domestic violent relationship.
'I remember the day I discovered my passion as if it were yesterday. I was eight years old and walking to the milk bar for an ice cream with Dad on a warm summer's night.
'As we walked I saw flashing lights and heard the siren of a police car. Naturally I was curious and ran to see what was happening. There was a man bleeding to death in the middle of the road; he'd been hit by a car. I remember the police telling everybody to move away, but I stood there transfixed. It hit me that 10 minutes before he had been a living, breathing human being and now he lay dead on the road.
'The police put a white sheet over the body and Dad told me to come away. I wanted to stay and watch but Dad said no. I asked Dad what would happen to him and he said that a funeral director would arrange the burial. When I realised that there was someone who was responsible to care for this man after such a horrible death I knew I had found my passion. At the age of eight I knew I wanted to be a funeral director and eventually own by own funeral business.
'From then on I started studying funeral directors, looking at funeral directors, reading about funeral directors. I even debated becoming a client of a funeral director to find out more!'
But as life went by Stacey's situations changed and her
passion took the wrong direction.
But remarkably Stacey managed to defy the odds in a spectacular way, through following her passion.
Stacey's dream started when she was 21 years old and living in a violent relationship. She was lost, had no real friends, was angry, lonely and her children were suffering. Stacey's self esteem was gone and she had really hit the bottom of the black hole, she also had three children aged five, two, and four months old to care for.
One night after yet another violent argument with her partner, Stacey found herself at the Royal Children's Hospital. Her son had been admitted after being physically hurt. It was 2am and there she was, crammed into a little room with her three children, officers from the Department of Human Services, some Federal Police and a few staff from the hospital. They questioned Stacey for a very long time about the relationship she was living in, and how her son was hurt. Stacey was grilled about why she was staying in this abusive relationship and why she was putting her children through it all.
After a couple of hours of this Stacey was asked to leave the room. She sat out in the waiting room until eventually they called her back in. She was told that she had to get herself and her children out of the situation she was in. All the authorities who were represented in that room had discussed her situation and as of today she had two choices. Her first choice was that she could stay in the relationship and have her three children placed into foster care. Stacey remembers dropping to her knees begging them not to take her children from her. Then they offered the second choice.
If Stacey took the second choice she could keep her children but the condition was she must change her life. The conditions were that, beginning immediately, Stacey would be court ordered to not have anything to do with her violent partner for 12 weeks. In those 12 weeks, she would have to attend a domestic violence counsellor. She wanted desperately to keep her children but couldn’t see how she could possibly change her life. That night Stacey was forced to make the best choice of her whole life. That night the dream began.
Fasts forward 10 years...
Stacey Currie is author of The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Can Too, a mum, speaker, businesswoman and has an extensive media profile appearing in several newspapers, magazines and television programs.
That night the dream began.
Stacey wanted to know more about successful women. Why were they so confident and successful when she wasn't? What was their secret? She became obsessed with learning everything she could about successful women and with each learning, Stacey realised more and more that she was just as good as these women. She could become just as successful as they were if she wanted to, she had no more excuses. It was up to her.
Stacey pursued her dream of becoming a Funeral Director and after many years of knocking on doors, writing applications, and weathering knock backs she did get a full time position as a funeral director and was able to realise her passion.
The irony of this is that only a couple of months after she became a funeral director she had to resign to help her son with the after effects of living in a violent relationship. Her son aged 10 wanted to commit suicide. However even this was a blessing in disguise as she had to find something that would allow her to work and also be there for her son. Stacey's friend and now partner David had a little hobby sticker making business that he worked in on weekends. Stacey saw an opportunity and asked Dave if she could run the business and turn it into a fully functioning business. With no sales or marketing experience within 12 months of building the business Stacey managed to win printing jobs with companies such as BHP Billiton, Coles/Myer, Clive Peeters, Autopro and many more turning the business from making $100 worth of sales per month to a whopping $100,000 per month and within six months moving into a factory an achievement that won her a nomination in 2011's Telstra Women in Business Awards. Completing her first book in a short six months, you can be sure that if it's on her to-do list, it will get done!
Stacey is an inspiration and living proof of the fact that regardless of your situation, if you are powered by passion, all things are possible...
Stacey Currie is now a 32 year old busy mum of five children, a businesswoman, speaker, published author of The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Can Too and the Official Ambassador for both The Lighthouse and Brave Hearts Foundation.
Seven benefits: Why you should invest in Stacey for your event
1. Anyone can implement her tried and tested techniques and transform their lives into their dream life
2. If a young mum faced with many obstacles and starting with nothing can accomplish all that she dreamt of, anyone can do it
3. What Stacey talks about is proven results. Read and apply Stacey’s wisdom and your life will change forever
4. Real life rags to riches
5. Your audience will read there is no magic pill to success; they will experience a proven results formula mindset that all millionaires share
6. If you have dreamed of success in your life but can’t seem to pinpoint exactly what your passion or burning desire is, then Stacey is for you.
7. You get to listen to a real life story, knowing full well Stacey has not just attended a seminar and learnt this stuff.
The power to transform your life is inside you right now and Stacey Currie will show you the way
Client Comments for Stacey Currie
Stacey Currie travels from Victoria Australia
- I thank the universe every day that Stacey Currie entered my life. She has an incredible quality about her that will bring the best out in you and cause you to live your life in a way you never knew possible. Her story inspires and excites me every single day and it will do the same for you. Be warned! After reading Stacey's book, the way you live your life will change and you will be thanking the universe, your God or whoever you believe in along with me, that Stacey Currie entered your life too.
Think For Fitness
- Regardless of your situation in life, everyone could benefit from a true story that will take them to a new level of self belief. Stacey, you are a true inspiration that absolutely anything is possible!
Tradesman Inner Circle Pty Ltd
- If you need a real-life story to inspire you to take action and achieve your dreams then Stacey's story is for you. Stacey's story will take you on an incredible rag to riches journey that will open your mind to a happier, wealthier life. Stacey, you are a true inspiration.
Dale Beaumont, best-selling author of 16 books
- Stacey doesn't know just how gifted she is. The magic she creates is about much more than 'her story'. As compelling as her life lessons are, what's equally as profound is how Stacey has seen through those challenges. She sees her life through the filter of many potent gifts. There's phenomenal wisdom in that yet it's unconscious for her. Spend time with Stacey and you'll feel her pure state of non-judgment. The degree to which it's true can only come from someone with the gift of deep empathy.
Shaune Clarke, Purely You AND Purely Profitable Speaker Training
- I must ensure you that your message was clear and everyone I talked to was thinking about their vision boards. If you can reduce a room to tears in a matter of moments you know you have a story that resonates with people and that it needs to be shared. I know personally it made a big impact on me and my thoughts on how our society operates and more how everyone can help each other better. My overall feedback is that I can see that you are on a path that will see you communicating messages to many many people. You are a driven and inspirational woman, one in a million. Our team really enjoyed hearing about how you set goals and then relentlessly work to achieve them.
- On behalf of the Women in PR Committee, I would like to congratulate you on your first speech ever and to thank you for taking the time to be a part of our panel speaking at the 2010 Women in PR benefit lunch. Your story was truly inspirational and greatly added to the whole success of the lunch - and we appreciate the courage it took to share it with us at our lunch. I am delighted to advise you that we raised over $10,000 for our two charities - a record - which is wonderful. Once again, thank you for your time and contribution to our benefit lunch.
Public Relations Institute of Australia (Victoria)
- I just wanted to take the time and write to you to say how proud I was of you yesterday. You delivered your presentation with poise and polish! Congratulations, it was great. Well done.
Best-selling business author and speaker Winston Marsh
- Congratulations! You are obviously a remarkable woman!
Brian Tracy, author of 'The Way to Wealth'
- Your presentation was uplifting, entertaining and enlightening. Your journey is truly inspiring, and one that should be shared with all! You presented in a manner that was both emotional and entertaining, while still getting your message across to the entire audience. We look forward to working with you again in the future Stacey.
My Business magazine's MyBiz Expo
- Commit and Persist for Success: Persistent is vital to making it to the top
- Fitting It All In: Think you can't have your cake and eat it too?
- Goal Setting and Action Taking
- How to Write, Publish and Promote Your Own Book
- Instead of Following, Lead and Show Others the Way to Success
- Learn How to Make the Most of Every Minute
- Master Your Bullseye for Success
- Plant Your Seeds Now to Harvest Your Rewards
- Stacey's Story: From a homeless 19 year old with two children, to a million dollar business woman
- Train Your Brain to Think Outside the Square
- Uncover Your Fears and Transform Those Excuses Into Opportunities
Topic SynopsesStacey will encourage her audience to dream big and inspires them to improve their attitude to get through their obstacles. She will share what the power of making the right choices in life can do for your future successes.
Stacey believes everybody can find purpose in their work. She will captivate the attention of both employees and employers and have them realise there is a certain way of thinking, which will ultimately lead you to living an abundant life.
Stacey knows for a fact that by becoming aware of your purpose and passion in life produces desired results. Stacey is a leading example of how to overcome and beat the odds.
Whether you have a small business or a massive empire, you will have the same problem most corporations face; lack of motivation in your employees. Stacey will show your employees how to find passion and purpose in their role and how to have them understand that simply by working hard now they can reap the rewards in the future. If a 21 year old can bring up three kids, work full time as an employee and be nominated for a business award from her employees, then anyone can learn how Stacey managed to stay focused, motivated and on fire throughout her four years with the company. They can then be inspired and see the rewards Stacey has reaped from the early hard work she put in. Sometimes all it takes is an outsider to motivate and inspire your employees to ignite that burning desire again.
Stacey knows all to well the effects home life can have on the youth of today. Not only did Stacey experience this in her own life but also that of her 16 year old son. After years of living in a violent relationship and having her children witness this trauma, Stacey found her then 13 year old son smoking marijuana, drinking alcohol, wagging school, suicidal and in frequent trouble with the police. It wasn’t until Stacey herself changed her life that she also encouraged and with success managed to inspire her own son to change his life from living at the bottom of the black hole to now working his passion with animals and also running a business. Her son has not touched any drugs, alcohol or been in trouble with the police in 3 years. She understands what the youth of today needs and she is here to empower them to live an extraordinary life no matter what their circumstances.
Stacey shares her views on overcoming adversity, to feel inspired and empowered to take your dream to the next level to make it happen. Her message is to share that no matter what obstacles in life are thrown at you, you can still make your dreams a reality.
Package 1 - Keynote Presentation
30-45 minutes to captivate, empower and inspire your audience with a powerful presentation that will shift their thinking from 'it's too hard' to 'I can do this'. Stacey's proven easy to do techniques will have your audience members feeling inspired to tackle any obstacle that comes their way.
Package 2 – Keynote Presentation
60-90 minutes that will leave your attendees feeling back on track of their dreams, energized to make it happen, inspired to know without a shadow of a doubt it's possible, and motivated to ignite that burning desire they have inside them to achieve their passions and purposes in life.
Package 3 - Full Day Workshops and Seminars
Designed for your attendees who have dreamed of success in their lives but can't seem to pinpoint exactly what their passion or burning desire is; let them take on board Stacey's proven steps to create the mindset that millionaires share. Have them put aside their fears and excuses and reap the rewards. Stacey's exercises, templates and strategies will empower your attendees to move past their blockages, their obstacles and make room for a clear path with a structured plan.
"Saxton were very easy to work with to achieve the outcomes for our forum. I wouldn't change a thing."
Aboriginal Workforce Development Centre
Subscribe to our newsletter