Steve Maccora has worked in the financial services industry since 1969.
He is Senior Business Development Manager, Colonial First State Investments, having previously been State Manager for many years. Steve is a Senior Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia.
Over the past 39 years Steve has gained extensive experience in Funds Management, Financial Planning, Master Funds and Dealership Management.
Having been in the Western Australian market for the past 26 years, he has become one of the most respected and well known people in Financial Services in WA.
In January 2006, Steve stepped back from the State Manager's role to achieve a better work and lifestyle balance and now works about 40 weeks per year choosing to spend time at his birthplace - the tiny island of Filicudi which is part of the Aeolian Islands just off the north coast of Sicily.
Steve has held State Management Roles in Western Australia with Rothschild and Colonial First State. In these roles he has been responsible for the development of these businesses in WA and on each occasion has overseen significant development and growth.
During his 39 years in the industry Steve has lived through several major investment booms and downturns and has a wealth of experience making him one of the most sort after speakers in his field.
Steve does around 100 presentations a year to Investors and Financial Planners and is known for his ability to relate complex issues in understandable language. His style is entertaining and informative with a sprinkling of humour.
Part of the work lifestyle balance Steve was seeking led him back to his birthplace in Italy in 1989 and this began a new chapter in his life. In 1995 together with his brothers they embarked on renovating their grandparents house on Filicudi. This was no small feat and required three Italian summers to complete. If you can imagine an isolated island without electricity or the technology that goes with that, you can start to appreciate some of the logistical nightmares. In 1998 the project was completed. There is a great story about family and bonding that one day may form the basis of a short story.
Steve now works in a specialist role with Colonial First State focusing on Business Development for their Investment Products. Over the years though he has also been involved in the technical aspects of Superannuation and has wide experience and knowledge.
Prior to working in Funds Management, Steve was a very successful sales manager and built some outstanding sales teams. His commitment to service and to clients needs were traits he imbued into his sales team.
Client Comments for Steve Maccora
Steve Maccora travels from Western Australia Australia
- Thanks Steve. Your presentation for our Annual Postgraduate Seminar for General Practitioners absolutely hit the mark. We have had excellent feedback from attendees who commented that they found your presentation to be very informative, easy to understand and enjoyable as well. We appreciate the time and energy you put into this presentation and hope we can do it again.
Dr Alistair Vickery, Royal Perth Hospital
- Feedback from your presentation at our annual Congress has been extremely complimentary and enthusiastic. I personally have taken quite a number of calls from members and clients who attended, and whose comments ranged from "well prepared and his ability to convey his understanding is excellent" and "entertaining and uplifting and did a good job keeping everyone interested" to "coverage well designed to meet the needs of the group", plus many others. Your professionalism is much appreciated.
J. Green, Inst. of Chartered Accountants in Aus.
- Our group unanimously agreed that your sessions were the most dynamic and the easiest to understand out of all of our speakers. Thank you for such a great effort.
Alan Logan, Securitor Financial Group
- Market Review and Update
- Retirement – Half the Income Twice the Partner
- Superannuation - Minefield or Nirvana?
- The Balance Between Work and Lifestyle
- The Markets – Panic or Opportunity?
- The Perils of Restoration on an Italian Island
"Friendly team and good follow-up."
Planning Institute of Australia, Queensland Division
Subscribe to our newsletter